Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

Door to Door seems actually worthwhile if you combo it with Stone and Judge.

Even if it will be a pain to keep them both protected. Both are probably close to must trash. Otherwise you can click to do a damage and give them a tag.

NACH is already a big deal. Start working out your favorite way to deal with it if you want to use Stone.

Presumably other tag avoidance effects are coming, otherwise Stone plus Data Ravens plus FIHP is just brutal.

What’s the thinking behind one tribunal and colossus compared to just 2x colossus?

Tribunal trashes a wider range of cards

[quote=“Ortho, post:467, topic:7586, full:true”]
NACH is already a big deal. Start working out your favorite way to deal with it if you want to use Stone.
(…)[/quote]

Lizzy? In faction. Removes BP. Solves issues with City Hall.

It definitely trashes a wider range of cards, I’m just wondering why you’d run Tribunal over the in faction Colossus when

• Colossus is cheaper
  • Colossus is 4 strength, making it annoying for Anarchs, and can be increased depending on their breaker suite
  • Colossus is a better Batty target
  • Colossus actually does something if they have a clear board

If Tribunal fires for full value, it is better than Colossus, but I’m wondering how often that would happen… I suppose Dan will let us know

Colossus Batty is disgusting.

It might even be playable in the new id from Red Sand too, right beside your Archers. When you rez archer you get to pump your Colossus by two!

That seems like a good exchange.

Scorpio is going to be awesome, but I look forward to the Mars ID until I get the big box.

Exciting times!

I already have my Jemison deck ready and waiting =) I think there might actually be a pretty good FA deck in it. I still need to play with the exact agenda suite more, but I have high hopes.

Is it a murder deck, or pure FA?

On a interesting side note, in the Seedy Location Damon interview, he refers to the triple-advance ICE like Mausolus and Colossus as the “7 Wonders” ICE. Curious to see what the other ones could be like.

1 Like

Well if it is the seven wonders we have the Colossus of Rhodes and Mausolus which is the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus.

Not sure if Hortum is the Hanging Gardens or not. Seems like it to me.

Which leaves the The Great Pyramids, Lighthouse of Alexandria, Statue of Zeus and the Temple of Artemis.

Very excited for these! As a civilization fan/history nerd, I love the idea of “completing” wonders.

6 Likes

There’s an ID that helps you protect your assets, that also has cards that help you win traces…

So keep an eye out for, say Pyramis, Pharus, Statua, and Aedes, perhaps? Lots of options for “temple”, it seems.

I do like the idea from elsewhere that the Pyramids one would be the one that, when triple-advanced, cannot be trashed. Since they’re still standing.

6 Likes

Thankfully it can probably only run 1 Mr. Stone. But that + Friends will be pretty rough.

I have one of each, and I have no idea which looks like the better deck. It’s really fun trying to build the deck, though, because there really seems to be an optimal agenda composition in order to properly ramp them into each other in a meaningful way, and finding that agenda comp is where I’m spending most of my time atm. Finding the right kill cards is hard too, since I’m using a good chunk of influence on 24/7 News Cycle as a means of agenda sacrifice to power the ID ability, and just using something like Posted Bounty to synergize with that is still a hard sell, since 1 tag is almost completely ineffective these days at killing the runner, through both the means of the kill (must have 2x Scorched – no BOOM! allowed) and the fact that shaking 1 tag off-turn is something almost all runner decks these days are capable of doing (New Angeles City Hall, Aaron Marron). I’ll tell ya, it’d make a waaay easier murder deck if Weyland had Breaking News, but whatcha gonna do?

It’d be cool if Weyland could steal the old Butcher Shop’s place of a deck that could threaten a FA win while also reliably threatening to kill you, but right now honestly my dedicated FA list looks a little more robust than my kill list, mostly because I don’t have to add a kill package =/

But man, I’ll tell you, sacrificing a Hostile Takeover to 24/7 in order to FA a Project Atlas with a counter on it while using the 24/7 to restock the money on a scored Corporate Sales Team feels real, real nice.

1 Like

I built a deck that was taken by the Spanish team to Worlds with exactly that premise.

Titan Transitional: Protecting (Y)our Fortune

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (11)

Asset (9)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (12)

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

17 influence spent (max 17, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

I’ve been having alot of fun with this deck. With 3x Snare, News Team,and Prisec, it just feels like traps are everywhere.

Oh yeah I’ve seen that, Jon D and I have been playing similar decks in LA for some of the SCs. He’s gotten 2nd with it, and I’ve gotten 3rd and 2nd. Arya + Macrophage is insane when it hits…

1 Like

I’m suddenly very curious to know if the Pyramids still exist in the Android Universe.

2 Likes