Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

To the worlds of android book!

1 Like

alright grillmasters I need a green murder machine for a GNK this weekend. What recipes are serving up well done runners?

I’ve been using this nameless construct recently. I took 4th at an SC, but that was mostly held back by my weak whizz play.

Quick considerations:
Drop archer, I never acutally use it. 3rd Sapper or a 2nd Veritas are both improvements
-1 Reversed Accounts, -1 Preemprive Action, +1 Jackson Howard, +1 Consulting Visit

The idea is stolen from @beyoken’s video, but I feel that the Atlas train out of Titan is much stronger than the extra credits from BABW. I also like the extra influence.

All you do is Rush Agendas, or bluff agendas. Make the runner get into your server until they go broke. When they steal (the runner will eventually be able to) land midseasons and plan out the kill.

Reversed Accounts is a great agenda bluff, and is also something they have to deal with. Dedication ceremony lets you knock off 12c all at once in one turn.

Titan Rush

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (10)

Asset (5)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (18)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (4)

17 influence spent (max 17, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Consulting Visit Blue Sun should still have game. You’ll need a slightly rushier version to go against Sifr though, and you can tech enforcing loyalty if you don’t think you can money through Aaron.

Honestly, I’ve really been liking @Benjen’s list he posted just a little upthread, with some slight changes:

Haaaave ya met Benjen?

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World (Core Set)

Agenda (10)

Asset (5)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (18)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (6)

Sentry (4)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
49 cards (min 45)

Changes over @Benjen’s version include:
-3 Vanilla, +3 Ice Wall (I’ve seen a lot of Sunny’s shitty cloud breakers, and advancing Ice Wall once doubles the cost over Vanilla. Also, no Parasite death on the same turn makes it better for turn 1 rushing.
-1 Veritas +1 Spiderweb (Want more ETR ICE and at least 1 semi-taxing barrier, and I just don’t trust Tribunal to be worth it’s weight in most games, sadly)
-2 Blue Level Clearance, -1 Hard Hitting News, +2 Green Level Clearance, +1 Midseason’s Replacements (runners are pretty frickin’ rich, and I can’t rely on HHN always doing something other than vamping myself. Judge helps, though, so I still like keeping the 2 instead of going all-in on 2x Midseason’s.)
-1 Zealous Judge -1 Corporate War, +2 Hostile Takeover (the most recent change. There’s just way, way too many games where I get stuck on 6 points with an atlas counter and everything, and I have to wait on a Midseason’s play or to trick the runner into spending money so I can try and score, instead of just being able to win instantly on a Hostile).

2 Likes

I’ll be using this deck next weekend. Kills Runners dead when it doesn’t just decide to score out.

Insominiac Monster 4.3

Argus Security: Protection Guaranteed

Agenda (12)
2x False Lead
1x Global Food Initiative ●
3x Hostile Takeover
3x Oaktown Renovation
3x Project Atlas

Asset (4)
2x Commercial Bankers Group
2x Jackson Howard ●●

Upgrade (3)
3x Prisec

Operation (18)
1x Biotic Labor ●●●●
2x BOOM!
3x Consulting Visit
2x Hard-Hitting News ●●●●
3x Hedge Fund
1x Power Shutdown
1x Preemptive Action
2x Restructure
1x Scorched Earth
1x Stock Buy-Back
1x Voter Intimidation ●●

Barrier (3)
3x Bailiff

Code Gate (5)
3x Enigma
2x Mausolus

Sentry (4)
1x Data Raven ●●
3x Veritas

49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

Basic plan is to rush out while threatening to kill the Runner. Most games are won by using the 1 Biotic Labor to score a Project Atlas. If you can’t do that for whatever reason, Hard Hitting News, or Consulting Visit->Hard Hitting News them, and if they have at least 6 creds, forfeit a False Lead. Follow up with a Boom! or Consulting Visit->Boom!. If they have Aaron installed, be sure to use Voter Intimidation to get rid of him. It doesn’t really matter afterwards if he’s installed, so long as he doesn’t have counters on him.

This deck is can move amazingly fast. I have won on turn 5 before (admittedly, I had practically perfect draws) and I win before turn 10 in about 30% of my wins. Your worst matchup is good stuff Criminal, for multiple reasons, with a very good Anarch matchup. Just keep putting cards behind ICE and the Runner will either give you the points (normal reaction, since Weyland can’t close out games) or won’t be ready and will end up setting themselves back for multiple turns.

As soon as Hunter Seeker comes out, the Voter Intimidation, Stock Buy-Back and Power Shutdown are become a 3x Hunter Seeker.

1 Like

here u go :wink:

49 cards
Influence: 15/15 ●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​
Agenda points: 20
Tournament legal

Agenda (15)
2 Chronos Project
3 Hostile Takeover
2 Oaktown Renovation
3 Profiteering
3 Project Atlas
2 Vulcan Coverup

Asset (13)
3 Dedicated Response Team
3 Jackson Howard ●​●​●​
2 Psychic Field ●​●​
3 Snare! ●​●​●​●​●​●​
2 Zealous Judge

ICE (8)
2 Archer
2 Mausolus
2 Quandary
2 Vanilla

Operation (10)
1 BOOM!
1 Casting Call ●​●​
2 Consulting Visit
1 Hard-Hitting News ●​●​
2 Hedge Fund
1 Scorched Earth
1 Stock Buy-Back
1 Traffic Accident

Upgrade (3)
3 Prisec

The only time I missed top 4 with this deck all Store Champ season long I got 5th on a runner meta miscall (Geist with 7 CI’s)

Blue Sun: Powering the Future

Agenda (9)
1x Corporate Sales Team
2x Global Food Initiative ●●
3x Oaktown Renovation
3x Project Atlas

Asset (4)
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
1x Zealous Judge

Operation (20)
1x Best Defense
3x BOOM!
3x Consulting Visit
3x Hedge Fund
1x Midseason Replacements ●●●●
3x Oversight AI
2x Paywall Implementation
3x Restructure
1x Voter Intimidation ●●

Barrier (10)
2x Bulwark
2x Chiyashi ●●●●
3x Curtain Wall
3x Hive

Code Gate (3)
3x Mausolus

Sentry (3)
1x Cobra
1x Sapper
1x Tribunal

3 Likes

And @Benjen wins the SC today in Portland with his BABW list, taking out both me and @bluebird503 (as well as whoever else he faced)! He modified it to be closer to what I posted above, so really I have to say we share the victory. I’m sure he’d tell you the same. Final standings after the cut were Benjen in first, bluebird in second, me in third, and a wonderful lad from up in Washington for 4th. Fun was had by all. =)

Good job, dude =)

5 Likes

You should also mentioned that you won 3 of them and that you placed top 4 in the other 4 (?). Anyways, very strong deck and most people in the area know about it and Max still does well with it. Definitely affects the local meta runner choices.

I should be clear that my BABW deck won exactly 2 games out of 6 but won when it counted!

beating a Dyper deck in 6 turns is SO SATISFYING!

1 Like

It did as well as the shitty RP I brought, then =P

1 Like

so what is the most flexible and viable ID for the Stinson shenanigans do we think?

Probably something in NBN.

12 Likes

I liked the post, but it was kind of a sad like.

7 Likes

I have had a lot of luck with my Titan deck:

It’s just a rush deck in the same spirit as Super Modernism. Make the runner get their breakers and break ICE, with Reversed Accounts you can push the runner into Stinson range if they won’t do it themselves.

I know the list doesn’t look impressive. It’s just a bunch of good cards that work together.

Force of Will v experiment

Blue Sun: Powering the Future

Agenda (6)
1x Government Contracts
1x Government Takeover
1x Hades Fragment
3x High-Risk Investment

Asset (8)
1x Cerebral Overwriter ●●
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
2x Project Junebug ●●
2x Snare! ●●●●

Upgrade (2)
2x Bryan Stinson

Operation (16)
1x BOOM!
3x Consulting Visit
1x Hard-Hitting News ●●
3x Hedge Fund
1x Preemptive Action
3x Punitive Counterstrike
3x Restructure
1x Scorched Earth

Barrier (6)
2x Bailiff
2x Meru Mati
2x Spiderweb

Code Gate (5)
3x Mausolus
2x Pop-up Window ●●

Sentry (5)
3x Sapper
2x Veritas

Other (1)
1x Mother Goddess

21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

This is my goto argus deck for murdering runners.

Agenda (11)
3x Corporate Sales Team
2x False Lead (sub hostile if you actually want to score out)
3x Oaktown Renovation
3x Project Atlas

Asset (4)
2x Shock! ●●●●
2x Snare! ●●●●

Upgrade (5)
2x Bryan Stinson
3x Prisec

Operation (16)
3x Beanstalk Royalties
1x BOOM!
1x Consulting Visit
3x Hedge Fund
1x Hellion Beta Test ●●●
1x Midseason Replacements ●●●●
3x Restructure
2x Scorched Earth
1x Subliminal Messaging

Barrier (5)
2x Spiderweb
3x Vanilla

Code Gate (4)
2x Enigma
2x Mausolus

Sentry (4)
2x Archer
2x Veritas

49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum