Flashpoint Cycle!

Just for Mumbad, people were complaining about Mumbad construction co., Salsette slum, Maya, Patron, Rebirth.

Nobody plays Marcus Batty anymore.
Contract killer is exotic at best. Turntable or Clot did not end the game.

I’m sure Plascrete had that sort of over heated debate.

Each time a card that would make qome difficulties to any of 60%+ winrate ratio decks, you hear all netdeckers scream it’s the Apocalypse.

Apocalypse, btw. This was another end of Netrunner too.
Each time you see a meta dependant card, with some efficiency in the right deck AND vs the right deck, people from this meta just cry everywhere.

The others just see this as a lost slot then just say “it may be strong vs someone, but it’s losing time playing this vs me”.

What does that card acheive vs NBN : peanuts. This also would make you draw vs Jinteki, aka loosing tempo. So it will die unplayed if it wins vs only 2 faction, that builded vertical, and played high str ices on each server.

1 Like

A deck consists of 45 cards and cards do not exist in a vacuum.

Just by slotting Sifr in Temu Whizzard, you can free up slots elsewhere that can be used to shore up weaknesses in others matchups. And even against NBN, sure rez an Archangel or Booth against Whizz with Yog out. You just Vamped yourself for 6-8 credits. Against Jinteki netdamage, the card is a hitpoint, just as 90% of the rest of your deck. If you kept playing Grimoire it would not have mattered either.

5 Likes

If you needed +2MU so bad that you could pay 5c for it instead of 3c with Grimoire, then this is pretty much a pain with the whitenoise generated by any damage and the loss of tempo to draw, pay & instal all your stuff.
Nexus works because it bypasses things for 0c, powertaps for +1-2-3c (tempo is won back) and etr if shit happens.

If you did not need +2MU, then you have put something that is half ok in your deck for 5c. And this 5c half ok thing will be nice in the quarter of your matchups : ppl willing to pay 5c for optional/opportunity stuff is beyond me.

Best way to lose or at least be bottomdeck locked imho.

1 Like

I rarely agree with you, but this time I do. I also don’t think Sifr is the “sky falls” card people claim. It’ll see play and it’ll be very good in certain decks but it’s far from autoinclude. Many Anarch consoles are pretty great, so it does have tough competition.

Keep breaking the hive mind up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The left guy in the french video was #2 in french nat. The center guy is in half of cuts and the right guy is nat TO since a long time.
All said “Sifr is a mkay card”.

This is just a pre-MWLed console for Crim in my opinion, because best str ices are codegates/barriers :slight_smile:
There, it competes with Desperado, and still lose.

Yay ! \o/
So, can I talk about my last 66 cards w/r 60% LARLAvoid MaxX ??? :sweat_smile:
(j/k)

I’m not saying that the sky is falling. What I am saying is that Sifr is very very good and far from being an

It’s an auto-include in current reg-anarch decks and it will spawn a lot of specialized decks based on its ability.

In temuwhizz alone:

• it pays for itself after 1 or 2 uses. After that it’s permanent econ.
  • It makes you immune to CVS blowouts.
  • It combines with Parasite to get rid of anything that bothers you (except Lotus Field and Architect).
  • it frees slots that you spend on multiple Ice Carver and/or Suckers

You don’t play Sifr for the MU, that’s just a bonus.

Also, when talking about competition from other Anarch consoles: currently the only other competitive option is Obelus, and that gets played in its own specialized builds. Turntable has gotten worse since the Astro nerf and with Breaking News getting hampered by all the new tag avoidance cards, it’s getting obsolete fast.

1 Like

Your Sifr XOR Yog still facecheck tollbouth until you draw the missing part, click credit back to 5c and clic instal.
Whereas a Shaper need to find half their decoder (the other half times, they have SMC).

So how many clic draw & clic credit & clic instal you lose doing that, especially if [quote=“clercqie, post:1994, topic:7403”]
it frees slots that you spend on multiple Ice Carver and/or Suckers
[/quote]
, which is a deckbuilding misconception.

And then, you have to draw to pass Lotus field.
Nice slot compression.

This is because Obelus plays for 4c. And since the begining of the game, 1 free card is > 1 free c. So if you don’t need the MU, Obelus is way better.

Sifr would work in a full trash breaker deck because it have a niche use there + deckbuild synergies coming with the Frantic Coding. If you find it.

The difference is that there is no counterplay against SIFR. I’ve won many games by just outtracing (once or multiple little vamps) the opponent with nexus and letting them clear the tag as well. Nexus only works if you’re rich enough, that’s why the tempo hit is so huge. SIFR is always usefull as Clercqie mentions even when you’re kinda poor (after installing for example).

It won’t break the game, but it’s a new strong anarch card that solves a lot of previous issues.
But tbh I would have liked it with only 1 MU.

4 Likes

That’s just bad play.

Why?

Cool, spend influence and 5 credits for a measly ETR. Which is very underwhelming nowadays. Also, Black Orchestra is a card and it combos very nicely with Anarch stuff like Inject or Frantic Coding.

Also also, how are Sucker or Carver helping against Lotus Field in the first place?

3 Likes

My theory on Sifr is it was originally ‘do 1 Brain Damage’ to power the effect. That would still be a very powerful card, but it would be comparable to D4 without some support, and would combo better with Null’s breakers (Nfr and Sunya) than with Faust.

I was starting to have fun with a Blue Sun deck, but now I may need to reconsider…

1 Like

So, to those complaining about Sifr. Do you feel that it will tip the Corp/Runner balance in the runner’s favor? If so, how far? Are we talking about a 60/40 split, or do you want to go out on a limb and predict a little further?

Make your beliefs pay rent. Establish ahead of time a percentage that would mean, to your mind, that the Runners were inappropriately dominant due to Sifr, and then you’ll know whether you were right.

Because you can’t tutor a console, yet.

So : you just replaced a x4 slot (say 2x carver / 2x DS) & taking a 2x console slot replacing all this by a 3x console slot:
You have less odds to draw this.

It is also harder to play it : when you get that 5c card, for a console it’s not like a breaker that you have to install it. This is an option.
This option will come in a moment when you have maybe 1-2c to lose to play DS but no clic to lose to enable next run.

So is Sifr better than 2x Grimoire / 2xDS, this is very discussable.

With trash breakers, codegates with str over 4, sentries with str over 3 and barriers with str over 2 are the only one that will give a reliable discount vs the situation of trash breakers alone, providing those are installed on the server we wish to attack. Reward : we may break 1st Crick for 11c and the next for 3. Instead of first for 9 and next for 5 with a gordian blade. So you got +2c after run #3 at T+3, but you lost a draw clic.

I would consider to have gained tempo by the moment the sum of those discounts are over 5c + what would give clics to draw and install Sifr.

aka, what, 2-3 turns ?
aka corp + at least 2 points ?

In the meantime, if I had drawn DS instead, those 2-3 turn becomes 4-5 turns and I just lost aggro & tempo.

But let’s just say you put this in x3 and study this “no tutor” situation.

In x3, there is one each 15 cards. Minus the one you had in the hand at game start, this means 10 draws to find the first with 50% odds (unless you mulligan for it, but I really hope we agree that this is stupid).
Let’s say you have this T7. T7+ 2-3 turns is mid game and it is nice like that.

Now if you have a classic 2, one for 22-23 cards. You will found it 50% of the time after 17 draws. It can be T12. T12 + 2-3 turns is way to late in the game when the normal game ends at T12, T17 or T20.

Now let’s say you have Carver/DS in x4. This is one for 11-12 cards. This means you will find one in your first 6 draws 50% of the time. It’s still a lot of clics (12 if you play the cards you draw), but at least, you will profit of this for a longest timeframe than a x3 rigid 5c long term card.

SO, you will say “ok but I will put card draw ! Ha !” and I’d reply great, but dilluting eco cards with draw, how will you finance that 5c ?
Answer : you will end skipping a scoring window or two, just like any Nexus deck.

I’m not saying the card is bad.
I’m saying it’s way not autoinclude.

1 Like

Man nobody thought some of these cards would cripple Netrunner. Construction Co. is a Weyland card the works with Weyland agendas/ICE (and not even wormhole); how well could it possibly have been received?

Sure, there’s casting call, but I don’t think anyone ever thought this would be game breaking. Maybe 1-2 Weyland enthusiasts thought they could make a functional deck for a change, but that’s probably about it.

3 Likes

Uhhh the balance (as of martial law) already is well in the runners favour?

3 Likes

during intervention logged 350 games with runner around 6% ahead in win rates
post martial law release logged a further 600 games and the win rate is almost identical.

Friends has been a big boost for corp, its much more even then you think because the addition of this card has allowed ETF (and IG/Gaga) to flourish which pulls runners in more directions than solely having to combat one corp deck (CTM).

1 Like

Does SIFR place a deck restriction that you can’t include DS? I don’t understand this analysis. Why can’t I replace my 2x grim + 2x DS (0x Carver…) With 2x SIFR 2x DS?

I think if you’re doing SIFR, you’re doing fixed breakers…? Why would you use breakers that are inefficient at breaking low strength ICE with a console that brings ICE to zero strength? Maybe you have some trash breakers, but I don’t think it’s the game plan.

1 Like

@ironcache I don’t know, the guy said Sifr was a sort of super compression tool that allowed to remove DS & carvers & console from your deck and enabled lucy in the sky with diamonds. So I just studied this without DS.

You can’t Yog with Sifr. You’ll faceplant Lotus field, so you had to find Yog, Sifr, install all this and then draw to find a solution for Lotus field.

Last month, I studied the trash breakers, I concluded to play Aghorra to fit a sort of niche, DS & trash breakers, and I’m happy with that :slight_smile:

First off, I don’t think Sifr will break the game in any new way. I do however think it is a very strong card and an auto-include in all regass Anarch, and potentially dumblefork or another icemelting build as well (though the 5cr install is a bigger issue there). Reasoning for this is that besides the obvious extremely powerful interaction with parasite, it has a lot of other upsides which people seem to ignore or downplay. To enumerate a few:

• Synergy with fixed breakers. This makes the likes of mimic and yog a lot better, since you are less dependent on suckers and carver. Nobody is suggesting you cut datasucker; you are just a lot less dependent on it.
  • Resistant to purge/CVS. Tying in with the previous point, not getting blown out by eg ichi+CVS is invaluable, and loading suckers vs HB after a timely purge with CVS in archives is frequently hard to do.
  • Reduced breaking cost. Even just making Eli str 0 so clippy breaks it for 2 or Faust only needs 2 cards is already a noticeable gain. In many ways this is similar to carver, which is getting played just for this effect. Against BS, you can just shrug off their curtain walls. This in itself offsets the 5cr install cost imo.
  • Reduced pressure on finding other solutions namely David and sucker. Anarch does have some setup issues at times, since it needs multiple cards to handle all potential issues. Sifr just has so many uses at once, that it makes your whole rig that more efficient. You don’t play it instead of all those other amazing Anarch cards; you play it on top of what is already great. More consistency can’t possible be bad.
  • 2 MU yes regass Anarch needs this for it’s full rig. Less of an upside for dumble, but my case is more geared towards this being a staple for regass anyway.

Now to the downsides:

• 5 cr install As noted above, you recuperate this quickly due to more efficient breakers. You can still function without Sifr, unless Nexus which needs to take 8cr on the chin before it does anything.
  • Opportunity cost It seems better than grimoir for reasons above, only Obelus has a function which Sifr doesn’t cover.
  • Unable to tutor This is true for all consoles, and as argued you don’t have to have Sifr to function. You can’t tutor desperado either, but it’s still amazeballs cause it just makes you that much more efficient.
  • Edit: Lotus field there’s still black orchestra, so it’s as big of an issue as it is now. Which is: not at all.

It doesn’t do anything new, it just does the existing Anarch things that much better. Now Aaron, that’s a card which does a lot of cool new things which will have a big impact …

8 Likes

Black Orchestra, not Yog.
Cujo, not Mimic.

Salt, not pepper? I’d like both, just like everybody already plays yog AND orchestra.

6 Likes