Flashpoint Cycle!

By this token, you just can’t Yog, unless you slot some shaper BS. I’m not sure I understand why you can’t have Yog and BO in the same deck? Yog is the game plan, BO at the ready in case you need a lotus answer (or, hell, Faust)?

What I do like is having to find only 3 specific cards, not 4+1 console :slight_smile:
Early aggro, best (and cheaper) aggro :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheaper is certainly debatable when you’re committing to 3c breaks on quandary.

2 Likes

I really don’t understand his argument in context of Sifr. Temuwhizz per today already has yog and black orchestra as it codegate breakers (usually). Nobody arguing lotus field is what stops temuwhizz from being an awesome deck. How does Sifr make this any different?

What exactly are you doing different which enables your early aggro assuming lotus field everywhere. Please don’t say Aghora, that thing costs 5 (like Sifr!) to install and 3 to break lotus. It sucks.

what about Sifr with Null, injection attack, DS, … Does this make Nfr playable?

You had me, and then lost me at Nfr. You can keep my sweater, but the dog is mine.

1 Like

Aghorra

Just study the codegates.

It cost the same as Yog and solve any trash breaker niche situation, aka 3x more problem than Yog alone, for no inf.

Black O : pump +2 + break 2 is a 4c cost on Aghorra
MKUltra : pump +2 + break 2 is a 4c cost on Aghorra
Paperclip is admitted to be the best fracter in the game so will > to Aghorra anytime.

Aghorra’s str 2, 1c to +1, 1c to break is the golden ratio.

For the rare situations where Black O or MKUltra is a bad breaker, you have Aghorra with that golden ratio.
For all the other one, inf you paid with Yog, I use it on Parasites.

Ok I’ll bite:

Yog + Sifr = 10 creds install, breaks any code gate except Lotus Field for free.

• Aghora vs. Fairchild 3 : 5 install + 6 to break > Yog + Sifr (1st break)

• Aghora vs Archangel : 5 install + pay the trace of 6 > Yog + Sifr (1st break)

• Aghora vs DNA Tracker: 5 install + 7 to break > Yog + Sifr (1st break)

• Aghora vs Tollbooth : 5 install + 3 toll + 4 to break the sub < 10 install + 3 to break with Yog + Sifr. You gain 1 cred only on the first break, congrats.

Yeah, seems really efficient

1 Like

@clercqie
Which one is etr ?

Are you saying that 1 card is less efficient than a combo of 2 cards + some inf vs some non-etr ice ?

Am I allowed to choose, say, a Crescentus, as card #2 worthing 1 inf ? (it would be fair, don’t worry it would not change anything to your demo, but thing would be less catastrophic here + that’s actually what I play)

Or could we compare all those situations with 1 card each ? Or 2x ice on the same server ?

Sifr looks like a shaper console to me. Anarch is already doing ice destruction rather well its more of an accelerant for them, and they may want the draw that obelus offers instead. To make most use of it you’ll want parasites at instant speed and a universal breaker at strength 0 (atman). Should hopefully breathe some life into Kit & Nasir as well.

4 Likes

Personally, I don’t see it replacing Obelus in my reg ass anarch builds, and I’ve been playing this archetype for 1-2 years now. Yeah, would be nice after I’m set up but it’s not fixing my biggest problem, finding the card I need. Instead it just becomes a different card I have to find.

Put a different way, it’s helping against my strongest matchup, glacier, while not playing Obelus is hurtine in my weakest.

If you’re going to be worried about SIFR, be worried about it in dedicated ICE destruction that plans on recurring Parasite over the cutlery suite. That’s the use that I see for SIFR.

2 Likes

I’m not sure who thought any of those cards was game breaking, so I must be missing my dose of Reddit freakout or something. Guess I need to get out more. Without even a Museum mention too… My fault, I asked for this debate so I deserve it. Moving on.

@Waltzard I don’t think that SIFR will make a significant change in the win percentages of Runner / Corporation. I think that it will make another significant push towards asset spam and will make glacier less viable, which I think is a problem.

@rojazu I agree that SIFR will be great for Shaper. I am really surprised that FFG put this at one influence - I guess this is the direction they want the game to go.

I must say though, I was very disappointed when I woke up. Twenty-eight new replies in this thread and I just assumed that the corp spoilers came out.

2 Likes

I dunno how good it is, but throwing in my +1 that I wanna see the SIFR Atman shaper dream.

5 Likes

Yeah… They Errata’d that one to death.
Dangit, now I want to try a stupid build with Museum and Friends…

Tried it, it’s not worth it. Not fun at the very least unless you just enjoy watching your opponent cry

1 Like

Museum decks are kinda good again, actually. And yeah, it’s because of Friends, but also Preemptive Action. There’s so much recursion you can throw in the deck it’s a little silly.

To me, it feels like it just depends on if they’re prepared for it. If they’ve got Salsette out or a Archives Interface, then you’ve lost, if they don’t, you’ve won.

It’s these exact cards that have caused me to put in 3 Salsette in my Val deck.

Corp Spoilers are up

3 Likes

That virus hate is interesting. Could see slotting that in some NBN deck with Aryabhata + Dish. Hell of a tax to break it for 3 credit rez, and 4 traces.

1 Like

0 tax to break it with SIFR Yog I suppose so we’ll see if that takes off.

1 Like