Flashpoint Cycle!

Seems good if you can find the MU for it. Sort of pulls you towards Faust though, I’ll definitely be giving it a try.

Who do they have building these decks??

Reaver seems quite good in the right setup. (I suspect such a setup doesn’t involve playing Endless Hunger.) Probably not going to be enough to paper over Apex’s issues, though. And 4 influence makes me sad.

1 Like

I know, they have it as a resource (maybe it was tested as one?). Anyway, it’s better than Wasteland.

Endless Hunger is fine as a “bunt” breaker. I probably wouldn’t run more than 1 or 2 max, but it does sometimes let you get in at a big dicount.

I actually don’t hate the deck they built. Faust + pseudo Wyldside is pretty solid. There’s room for improvement; you probably don’t need 3x Endless Hunger as a backup breaker, and the events could use some tweaking. But as far as Apex decks go, it looks like it could win some games.

For 4 influence, I don’t see why it even needed to be 1 MU! It’s really anti-synergistic with Endless Hunger, which the article ignores. “If you have 3 copies installed, that’s 3 cards when you break with Endless Hunger!” Uh, yeah, for the low, low cost of 7 MU…

5 Likes

Agreed, although I am not sure what Apex would want to run to get MU up to actually power Endless Hunger.

Leprechaun is too much influence and too fragile. Probably just Akamatsu.

Brain Chip is actually an option if you don’t fear damage. Endless Hunger is a fine rig in Adam.

2 Likes

about what i was expecting the effect to be, and pretty nice for Apex. hope it helps out, but i’m mostly wondering what neutral cards were designed with the mini factions in mind.[quote=“Thike, post:1732, topic:7403”]
I actually don’t hate the deck they built.
[/quote]

i agree that it’s not terribly awful. part of me felt that Exclusive Party and Out of the Ashes were kind of made for Apex (but there’s only one Out of the Ashes… i feel like i’d rather spend that 2 influence on some Turning Wheels or something), but they’ve got a decent start

Yeah, upon reflection it does seem like Reaver went from a resource to a program in play testing and they forgot to tell the article writers.

Here’s my first stab at it. Speaking as a closet Apex predator, I fully intend to play a deck like this at least once during SC season:

All My Friends Are on the Internet
Apex: Invasive Predator (Data and Destiny)

Event (18)
2x Out of the Ashes (The Liberated Mind) ••••
2x Injection Attack (23 Seconds)
2x Rumor Mill (Blood Money) ••••
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) ••••• •
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Apocalypse (Data and Destiny)
1x Prey (Data and Destiny)

Hardware (11)
3x Sports Hopper (Salsette Island)
3x Chop Bot 3000 (Order and Chaos) •••
2x Brain Cage (Chrome City)
3x Heartbeat (Data and Destiny)

Resource (8)
2x The Turning Wheel (The Liberated Mind) ••
3x Hunting Grounds (Data and Destiny)
3x Wasteland (Data and Destiny)

Icebreaker (5)
3x Reaver
2x Faust (The Underway) ••••

Program (3)
3x Harbinger (Data and Destiny)

23 influence spent (maximum 25)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Blood Money

2 Likes

I worry about your economy without the Parties, but I like the overall direction of doubling down on Faust.

I just feel so weird playing APEX without Endless Hunger.

1 Like

Just a note, Reaver triggers when you trash an installed card. It doesn’t specify a Runner installed card! So you can trash Sensies/Jackson Howard/Bankers and draw cards! Technically it could even trigger off an Apocalypse, since the trash effect of the card comes before the “turn your cards face down” effect.

7 Likes

Maybe he decided to trim down a bit, aye?

1 Like

It would be awesome as a resource. As a program, not so much … But you can play street-chess out of Apex now. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

seems good to me. you ditch the unwieldy Endless Hunger and you faust reavercakes to get off your apoc

Your only economy is 3 DL, 3 Gambles and 3 Wasteland? Your only breakers are 2 Faust, with no tutoring or access tricks? Good luck.

2 Likes

I think I would try it before dismissing it completely.

4 Likes

Professor packing aesops seems like the real winner here…

5 Likes

Well, they are trying to fix Apex’s card draw problem, I’ll give them that.

What drives me nuts though, are Apex cards that say “The first time you do this, do that.” Every time I install a card like this, I’m sort of saying “well the longer I wait to apocalypse, the more value I get from this card.” That is not how I, or I wager anyone else, wants to play Apex. Apex has always been fascinating to me because he’s not about building up an engine, he’s about breaking it down. Give me cards to support that! Give me an event that says “make a run, at the end of the run draw 1 card for each card you trashed during the run.” Hell do the same thing with credits.

I’ll still try this card though, maybe it will be better than we’re all expecting.

4 Likes