Flashpoint Cycle!

Nah I just made that card up before seeing the spoiled one. Spoiled one is 2 credits and a double, also requires the runner to steal an agenda instead of needing you to score one.

And like, film Critic, Temujin, clot, new Angeles, plascrete, name a card.

Anyone try Slee? Seems pretty nasty for early game run deterrent.

She also makes borderline ice playable.

How do you think Slee is best used? Like, should I put Atlas and public support behind a Hive and put Slee behind another one or a spiderweb or something and rush with that as a threat, or maybe using her and Caprice and Batty to make the upgrades even more threatening? I was thinking it would be good in never advance styles, or maybe when Success comes out, you could leverage her existing to make people break hives on remotes more often in fear of never advancing government takeover. An offer you cannot refuse looks good with her. Make them run towards Hive and then rez her as a surprise. I’m considering having few ETR ice, saving them for Slee and having the rest of the ice be stuff the Runner can walk through, and using agendas like NAPD and Utopia Fragment to make it too taxing to keep going through that server. Like a sick and twisted jammy Weyland

I think if you can slam Slee behind anything taxing it puts the runner in a bind.

I usually wouldn’t bother putting her in my scoring remote… but maybe you aren’t trying to score by points?

In any case, she is good with the NBN barrier from this pack. I don’t know what Weyland ice or ID would go best with her, but it seems worthy of testing.

Have I not mentioned Hive enough? It had 5 counters, like they had it specifically in mind. Profiteering and Ireress seem nice too when you think about it, maybe in conjunction with the twins. But this is entering the land of magic Christmas for sure.

1 Like

Slee works great out of either Gagarin or Blue Sun. I am currently drafting lists for both. Blue Sun I will be trying grail breakers, while Gagarin I will be using tour guides and spiderweb.

I brought a Whizzard counter deck to worlds out of Titan with 2x Lotus and Shutdown (and Twins Archer) to worlds and it carried me to top 96. Corp went 5-1, Whizzard fucked up with 3-3.

I would probably play Shutdown still. It’s more flexible if you aren’t tagging. Best Defense is way better out of faction or with tagstorm though.

So I think Tyr’s Hand is great with Fairchild 3.0, has anyone else tried this?

1 Like

Someone was watching Willingdone’s videos. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t say it’s great, but maybe worth a shoot in a jank deck.

1 Like

I think Heinlein Grid is pretty much always better than Tyr’s Hand.

2 Likes

Also, since Enigma is around again, and shapers are fairly infrequent, an Enigma + Heinlein Grid is a very strong tempo hit in the early game.

1 Like

You know, I never considered enigma when putting the grid in a deck of mine. @Myriad Tyr’s Hand is better than Heinlein when it keeps the runner out early, I don’t need the runner broke, I need them to spend 3 clicks for NOTHING

2 Likes

do we really expect that to last though?

A 2-card combo that is only likely to fire early in the game? no, we shouldn’t build expecting it, but if we play it, there will be times when it lands. And it will be hilarious.

We could go for real jank and toss in Markus Batty with it too, and then nuke the runner’s credit pool!

2 Likes

sorry sorry, i should have been more specific. the problem is sometimes i highlight text and the copy popup covers up the quote popup, i get all discombobulated, and give up and just press the reply button instead.

anyway, what i meant to reply to was shapers being fairly infrequent. given Smoke is almost here, do we think they will remain infrequent? i think she’ll be kind of everywhere tbh, even with the power of Whizzard

1 Like

I am really bad at making predictions about the meta. Yes, Smoke is out now, and I know some people who will 100% be playing her now that she is released, but there are also a lot of people picking up top 16 decks from worlds to play as ‘the new best deck’.

I’m not heading to any major tournament anytime soon, so I’m not even trying to guess what the larger meta is.

tbh, i haven’t played in months, so my guess is probably a bit shit as well lol

They just put up a new preview article for Apex’s new card in Martial Law, Reaver.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/14/reaver/

4 Likes

Well, APEX definitely needed that card. And thank God it’s at 4 influence.