Foodcoats

So, no Jackson? :wink:

Uh. That’s what happens when I do this in my head. 1 Caprice it is!

The other option is to run the NEXT suite, which is probably fine in a Sponsorship list. Still wary of Parasite in glacier.

1 Like

You could just run old school foodcoats out of Custom Biotics.

But losing Caprice probably isn’t even worth it. Especially since you only really gain eli’s and architects and lose the 10+ free money you make.

But then you’re poor =( ETF just makes so damned much money over the course of a game.

1 Like

How about Victor 1.0? Yog already wasn’t seeing much play in my meta and now with the MWL Victor looks promising.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/30029/food-2-0

First pass at Foodcoats post-NAPD. Overall I don’t think it’s super hurt by the changes. NAPD to Vitruvius is a sidegrade at worst, what hurts is having to go down to 1 Caprice. It’s possible to go to 2 Caprice still by dumping 2 Architects and 2 Eli/Howard for her, but I think that’s wrong.

if you think you will see less parasite/clone chip because of the MWL the next ice backed up with ichis is quite annoying to deal with.

I think two caprice is pretty important especially since I think you may be seeing more nexus Kate which makes ASH almost a blank card.

Team Foodcoats

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (9)

Asset (11)

Upgrade (7)

Operation (4)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (6)

Sentry (7)

11 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I have always been playing with one Caprice, I think Foodcoats is totally fine. You just have to rush more. Efficience committee is either of those 4/2s that are coming out - either the HB one where you draw a card/gain a credit whenever the runner initiates a run or the one that’s a slow drip of credits.

Heimdalls replaced Tolbooth, Wall of Static replaced Eli, Rototurret replaced Architect. Had to drop tech cards - Crisium and Wraparound.

I’d be wary of going NEXT ICE to keep 2 caprice. I just played 2 games vs post-ban Noise (-2 Clone Chip) and the parasites are still too real. Noise is a contender for strongest deck post ban so that doesn’t bode well for NEXT ICE.

2 Likes

I’m struggling to make this work now. I kept 2 caprice and my crisiums and swapped eli and architect for a combination of bastion (less lady = more fun), IQ, and marcus. However, the early game feels like absolute hell now. Marcus isn’t a patch on eli, and with no architects runners are far happier to run into early ICE with no programs just to see what it is. This is super irritating when your early draws contain lots of Ichi which doesn’t do much before things are installed.

I think I might have to bite the bullet and go down to one caprice… which I’m really not happy about, but it seems that if I don’t I’m just going to keep getting facerolled early game.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I think there will be only very slightly less Lady, Shapers will cut elsewhere.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree. Seems like a better/more consistant build if you can spread out that 4 inf on other great cards.

I’d drop eli before I’d drop architect. It’s a harder gearcheck (people won’t be running thou it, unlike eli), can’t be destroyed, costs the same to break with faust. Finally and prehaps most importantly it punishes facechecks. Worth the extra credit I think.

5 Likes

I agree, architect as a superb face check punisher, and I also think more people are likely to hit it expecting you have dropped it. I really don’t like the idea of one caprice, she is so central to the deck, but influence is now at an absolute premium.

I guess you can fit two in if you go 2 Caprice, Food, jackson, 2 Architect.

Agenda (9)

3 Accelerated Beta Test
1 Corporate War
2 Global Food Initiative ••
3 Project Vitruvius
Asset (9)

3 Adonis Campaign
3 Eve Campaign
3 Jackson Howard •••
Upgrade (8)

3 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
3 Breaker Bay Grid
2 Caprice Nisei ••••• •••
Operation (5)

3 Hedge Fund
2 Interns
Barrier (3)

3 NEXT Silver
Code Gate (5)

3 NEXT Bronze
2 Turing
Sentry (7)

2 Architect ◦◦
3 Ichi 1.0
2 Ichi 2.0
ICE (1)

1 Mother Goddess

Alternative is something like

Agenda (9)

3 Accelerated Beta Test
1 Corporate War
2 Global Food Initiative ••
3 Project Vitruvius
Asset (9)

3 Adonis Campaign
3 Eve Campaign
3 Jackson Howard •••
Upgrade (8)

3 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
3 Breaker Bay Grid
1 Caprice Nisei ••••
1 Crisium Grid •
Operation (5)

3 Hedge Fund
2 Interns
Barrier (5)

2 Eli 1.0 ◦◦
3 NEXT Silver
Code Gate (5)

3 NEXT Bronze
2 Turing
Sentry (7)

3 Architect ◦◦◦
2 Ichi 1.0
2 Ichi 2.0
ICE (1)

1 Mother Goddess

1 Like

As JRP said above, I’m super wary of going with NEXT ICE. I feel like there are going to be a lot of anarchs still rocking parasite, and it doesn’t take much ICE destruction to really hurt the NEXT setup.

I agree that the NEXT ice suite is too risky. I don’t think the influence hit to Parasite is going to be enough to give the NEXT ice a chance to build up in strength at all.

I’m thinking you need 2 Caprice and are better off with Architecht than Eli. You just throw in a couple barriers like Markus, Wall of Static, or Bastian as a gear check and stick to the good code gates/sentries.

This list went 5-0 for me on Saturday, but I played super risky by running ABT and things like that. Markus is so expensive and low strength to frankly be a liability, and Yog.0 invalidated a lot of my code gates (especially with the nightmare of NRE and Ice Carver…). Next Bronze feels good for early asset defenses. Next Silver feels like a bad idea in a meta full of Parasite.

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
3x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)
1x Efficiency Committee (Creation and Control)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) ••

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
3x Eve Campaign (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••

Upgrade (8)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead)
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time) ••••• •••
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)
3x Breaker Bay Grid (Breaker Bay)

Operation (4)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)

Barrier (3)
3x Markus 1.0 (The Source)

Code Gate (9)
3x Viktor 1.0 (Core Set)
3x NEXT Bronze (Opening Moves)
3x Turing (Breaker Bay)

Sentry (7)
3x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
1x Ichi 2.0 (Creation and Control)
2x Architect (Up and Over)
1x Assassin (Data and Destiny)

13 influence spent (maximum 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

1 Like

Tollbooth is still very good, its at least some tax on yog based decks. I can’t see cutting it. I’m still on 2x

So where is the rest of your inf going post MWL?

1 Like

Well, mine is more Team ABT than foodcoats, but the premise is the same.

GFIx3 (3)
NAPDx1 -1
Jacksonx3 (3)
Marcus Battyx1 (3)
Tollboothx2 (4)
Eli 1.0x1 -1

Eli could easily be architect though, but I think that lady is a more likely cut than mimic in most decks that I care about.

You could easily cut Eli and make batty caprice and put in any other barrier.

Edit: I should note, that due to my extremely unhealthy addiction to running beta tests, my HB ‘glacier’ deck is more reliant on ice to stop the runner than upgrades. It seems to be holding in the new meta.