Full Art Worlds Decks

Its funny you said that. My friend and I only bought Carlos Ramao’s Psychatog deck and all we did was jam the mirror.

1 Like

Any chance that this will become the standard layout for future netrunner cards? They really look gorgeous.

If only they had decided to print a duel deck (champion and Runner up) of Foodcoats VS Minh Maxx… As it is right now, I will only buy the corp deck. Many more useful cards that actually go to more than one deck, so I need more copies if I want to have 2-3 different corp decks ready to play.

I am happy with my DLR’s staying in the storage box after I used them for a brief time during the first iterations of anatomy of anarchy decks, do not need full bleed art for them.

My $0,05.

I really, really hope not. Individually full bleed cards are awesome, but a game with only full bleed cards looks cluttered and loses all visual cohesion.

14 Likes

I am super excited for these :smiley: I am such a sucker for alt art and full art versions of stuff that I’m gonna get these despite having a full collection and not really being a HB/Anarch player at all xD

I think these also make it much easier to get people into the game. 1 each of these +1 Core Set and you’re very well set up to go!

Unless I’m mistaken, Minh Maxx wasn’t the runner-up this time. But since the actual runner-up played Whizzard / NEH, I agree that they should have printed all 4 decks since they are all totally different.

2 Likes

I stand corrected then m8. Still, anything will be better than DLR Valencia IMHO.

The Val deck is perfectly playable and you can even make the ETF deck legal by just cutting down to 46 cards.

It isn’t ideal sure, but FFG releasing pre constructed decks is fantastic for the game because it lowers the point of entry for new players significantly. You can combine the ETF deck with a single coreset or a copy of Creation and Control and be left with a deck that’s a hell of a lot better than anything you could build for twice the price. It was getting to the point where it was getting really difficult to recommend the game to newer players because of the entry point, and this helps.

I think in an ideal world they would have done something like build a post MWL deck for each faction or release a ‘greatest hits’ box of the best already printed cards, but if you’re only printing two decks these make perfect sense. It’s a good idea for a product because putting full art playable cards in them makes them a good product for enfranchised players as well as new ones.

If we want FFG to fix the problems with the game there need to be ways that also make sense for them as a profit driven business, and these decks managed to hit the sweet spot.

33 Likes

Defiantly a buy as soon as they come out. Most the art looks really nice full bleed and zoomed in. The one that I don’t think looks brilliant (at least from what we’ve seen so far) is ABT. That’s 100% just my opinion and of course everyone has different taste on card art.

I really want a full bleed Faust, because I’m one of those horrible Faust Noise runners, and I want my anchor card to get the attention it deserves.

2 Likes

Hey @mediohxcore, can you win with NBN next year? I need more SanSans. And can your runner deck have lots of Aesop in it?

1 Like

Aesops would be a waste. There’s the alt art ones if you don’t have many cores. I’d suggest winning with at least a couple Desperados. :smile:

4 Likes

Where can I find the alt art ones? And what tournament were they from?

they were the participation from a GNK I think? full sets are about $10 on ebay but I bet you could find some for even less on our friendly Official Trading Thread!

1 Like

You can get pretty good info on all the alt art cards from acoo, here: Android Netrunner - Promos - Cards List - Acoo

1 Like

Quick question: Why are these decks still in development? What are they developed for?

Some have speculated that these will be in lieu of a delux expansion but i hope not.

I think they realised the stupidity of releasing ‘non-legal’ decks and are attempting to address it. Maybe not, but I would imagine that Dan could confirm/deny this.

Perhaps the art and printing/waiting to get into printing is taking time? FFG’s upcoming page is mostly smoke and mirrors anyway.

The last update for shipping status was done at the end of January. It should come out before Fear the Masses. Which (if the other packs come out in the usual one month intervals) would be before July. But I’m doubting that it will come out before Fear the Masses.