[Full Spoiler] The Spaces Between

To me, D4V1D is the missing piece of the puzzle that is the Knight/Darwin/Parasite rig. He both covers some of its biggest weak points, and benefits greatly from the same influence splash, namely e3. If you manage to also pack some Scavenges, it becomes really really good.

2 Likes

As much as it’d help there, I do like my 11-card rig, unwieldy as it is. Darwin/Knight/D4V1D is just too expensive if E3 doesn’t come up. That said, it could be really neat, and I’m glad for the option diversification. Besides which, E3 is always fun.

But even in the regular rig decks, I think D4V1D’s good enough to merit at least a 2-of. It deals with traditionally tricky-to-datasucker-repeatedly cards like Tollbooth and Grim very well (Archer being the big card it has the most trouble with that there aren’t other methods of bypassing). In a Noise deck that already wants to run Clone Chips, it works even better, I think.

Regarding currents, I expect Enhanced Login Protocol and Targeted Marketing to see a lot of play. The only reliable way for a runner to deal with these is to play a current themselves (or just not play the card named by TM, which should be pretty crippling if the corp knows what they’re doing).

Unfortunately, runner currents are worse than corp currents by design, because corps have much more control over when to score agendas than runners do over when to steal one. In addition, the effects of runner currents are less powerful than those of (some) corp currents. This all means that corps will want to play strong currents, while runners will mainly want to play currents to disable corp currents, rather than for their own effect. So… yet another boost to corps and another “gee, I need this in my deck too now” hassle for runners.

Unscheduled Maintenance is pretty terrible, so that’s yet another reason to stop playing criminal.

Scrubbed seems decent in the right deck and will probably see play in Anarch.

The real star of the runner currents is Net Celebrity. It’s excellent by itself if it sticks around, but if you kill an ELP or TM with it, that’s amazing. I imagine this will be a 2-of in most Shaper decks, and depending on how prevalent corp currents are, crims might want to splash for it.

1 Like

add overmind and the rest of the cassia rig

Overmind doesn’t work for me in Anarch, because it’s about as expensive to install and operate as Crypsis is, with less (potential/theoretical) longevity. Also, it would very rarely get more than two tokens with my particular style of play, which makes it not worth it.

About the only thing going for it would be the synergy with e3, but sans Test Run, Scavenge or Aesop’s, I’m not a fan.

2 Likes

If you get tagged by Information Overload does it add a subroutine during that same run?

And Data Raven tokens, as well (when and when won’t they add subroutines?)

Good question. It’s worded differently than Komainu, which would seem to indicate that the number of routines is at all times equal to the number of tags, and so if you add tags (via Data Raven tokens, for instance), the number of subs changes. Definitely warrants waiting for the full reveal, though.

3 Likes

Seems like the FAQ - Timing Structure of a Run could use the addition of a phase 3.x ‘The encountered ice gains (any) conditional subroutines.’

The reason I prefer Scrubbed is that it can be a powerful effect (used right) even as a one off. Whereas Net Celebrity and Unscheduled Maintenance have to hang around for a couple of turns to have value.

1 Like

This is, in fact, one of the things I like about it. Since it always has those subroutines, trying to Femme past it isn’t cheap. (Cheaper, sure, but not cheap.)

This is how I’d interpret it, because there’s precedent (antecedent, I guess, since it’s not out yet either?) for an ice whose subroutines are consistently changing at all times, rather than just during the encounter step:

It’d be nice if they’d gone with “has” instead of “gains” just to make things absolutely clear. It’s the obvious read (since it’s not written like Komainu is), but that doesn’t mean it’d be obvious to everyone (as we’ve seen).

I’m so happy to see information overload…I’ve always thought one of the problems with a deck that had multiple consistent ways to tag was that outside of psycho, whether the runner has 1 tag or 100, it doesn’t really matter.

Strong corp cards and weak runner ones.

We knew the currents were little one-sided, but even the new cards are very good Corp-side.

Runners got Leprechaun. That’s about it. I am very intrigued about more and more Criminal cards trying to support Doppleganger, though.

I think you might’ve gotten your threads confused. TSB has a few nice cards for the runner – D4V1D and Cache especially.

Which cards do you think support doppelganger other than 3 steps? I’ve been experimenting with it.

Not much new for criminals though - outside niche builds.

Doppelganger is not supported by Three Steps at all. Desperado is just as effective with Three Steps.

1 Like

[quote=“SneakySly, post:39, topic:1652”]
Doppelganger is not supported by Three Steps at all
[/quote] Well what if you make two runs in a turn. Desperado nets you 2 + 4(from 3 steps) = 6 for 2 clicks- 3 per click.
Doppleganger = 4 credits for one click.