[Full Spoiler] The Spaces Between

So jealous. Heinlein Grid… We wants it, Presshhhhhusss. Foundry art a little disappointing. Generic moon building #37

2 Likes

can i rez heinlein grid after runner lost/spend click and it will still fire?

Nope, the text has to be active (i.e. the card rezzed) at the moment the trigger is taking place.

For the same reason, you can’t rez Ruhr Valley after a runner declares a run on that server and expect it to cost an extra click.

3 Likes

Ruhr valley is an additonal cost so it wouldnt work at all… even if you could have double regions or had some weird sneakdoor beta interaction. Same with ELP

1 Like

[quote=“stoppableforce, post:51, topic:1652”]
The most recent version of this (version 1.5, updated 7/16/14) has the same wording except without the Opening Moves exception for obvious reasons. Because of the way this is worded, if they don’t add an exception to disallow The Spaces Between, then it’s more than likely legal for Nationals because its release is that Thursday.[/quote]

I just downloaded the tournament rules. There is now a 1.51 version up on the FFG website, disallowing the new set on Gencon.

All Android: Netrunner cards produced by Fantasy Flight Games are legal for tournament play (unless banned). No other cards or proxy cards are permitted. In North America, cards are legal upon their release. Competitors outside North America should check with their TO to determine which cards are tournament legal. Exception: The Spaces Between is not legal for the North American Championship at Gen Con 2014.

2 Likes

I think Target Marketing is good design because it rewards player skill and knowledge of the game and the meta. Naming parasite in this meta can be very powerful in the current meta especially if you’re running Quandry, Pup, Komainu, Tsurugi, NEXT Silver, etc.

2 Likes

The instant I saw Three Steps Ahead, I knew that some guy out there was going to go “It helps Doppelganger!!!11111”. When of course, it gives you +$2 if you have a doppelganger, but +$3 if you have a Desperado, so its clearly better for a Desperado.

Next up will be the guy who goes: “No actually they are about even, because if you wouldve done only ONE run, then its still +$2 with Doppelganger, but only $1 for Desperado”.

To which the reply, of course, is “If you arent going to do two runs in a turn, then you dont play Three Steps Ahead that turn!”, because the net gain then would be $1 for a click and a card, when you couldve had $1 by just clicking.

Math, guys, math. It prevents you from saying dumb things on the internet!

1 Like

there’s technically a corner case at 3 runs vs 2 where you break even and get an extra access, but then you have to not have desperado on all non-three steps ahead turns anyway, so it’s kinda moot

3 Likes

Yeah. If you’re running Doppelganger anyway, it’s not like it’s a bad card. But it goes better with Desperado, as most things do.

so, CI scorch with heinlein and false lead + a few bioroids just in case. Pretty sure it’s going to be retarded

4 Likes

Between that and Secure Vault closing off its biggest vulnerability I’m pretty sure CI is going to be right back at the top of the pile (or rather, just below NEH) when this set comes out.

I feel Will-o-the Wisp will be the biggest benefit for CI. Account Siphon hasn’t usually been problem for me if there won’t be multiple in single turn. Vamp can be a killer tho. CI has money to use Wisp and cards to recycle it. It also allows to change the ice package a little. My biggest problem with CI is usually drawing taxing but bad early game ICE in the beginning (like Ichi) and allowing runner to get too many early game accesses and gain momentum. This is even bigger problem with a small ICE package. Wisp allows some single subroutine ETR ice turn very taxing (Lotus Field is perfect for this) with the use Wisp.

Heinlein + False Lead might be good but it might turn too unreliable. Heinlein will be useful anyway because clicking through Eli/Viktor2 with multi access runs is quite common

1 Like

I’m in love with Heinlein…most bioroids have very solid strength to rez ratios and multiple subroutines. Heinlein essentially forces them to have a real breaker to handle all your click ICE, which depending on the piece of ICE and breaker in question, could end up costing them most of their money anyways.

So how long does it usually take to get the cards in OCTGN after full spoilers have been posted?

As long as it takes @db0 to program it. Throw him some ducats, and he may speed up the process.

4 Likes

Can’t we help him script the cards or something like that? It seems pretty simple yet time consuming.

The whole thing is open source on db0’s GitHub repository. If you want to contribute and know Python, you can always do a pull request and start writing code, then submit a merge request when you have something that works. The cards are in an XML file, custom triggers are stored in a monolithic Python file, and then there are a group of Python scripts (each a couple thousand lines) that are actually executed.

Edit: the script that executes custom cards is this one, but I believe those cards also need to be listed in the XML file and the CardScripts file.

3 Likes

From @db0 “Working on #ANR’s The Spaces Between code…”

5 Likes