Gagarin Appreciation Thread

I brought a 54 card version of the deck I ran last week to another SC and somehow got 3rd with it, despite most of the top tables being Whizzard. It’s fantastic vs most things that aren’t Dumblefork, although I feel it needs some more money. Student Loans is actually really, really good in this deck, and that’s weird to say. It basically won me 2 games, combined with the Dedicated/Reversed combo. You just Reversed them when you can get good value off it, and then step on their throat with Loans. Corp Town makes their resource econ unable to stick in the mean time. However, it has a truly bad Whizz matchup, and more people brought it than I anticipated. I’m sure I could go more all-in on the econ control aspect of the deck, but I thought I’d play around with it a little.

As I mentioned, it felt a bit money-light, and the next version of the deck should fix that. Either way, it did very well for me on Saturday. But seriously, fuck Whizz :wink:

Dept. of Poverty Control

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (10)

Asset (25)

Upgrade (1)

Operation (5)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (2)

Sentry (8)

13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)

1 Like

If there’s Dedication Ceremony, GRNDL refinery is always an option.

1 Like

First off, love the deck. Been doing something similar out of Spark and it’s hilarious. Managed to turn a 0-4 deficit against leela to a narrow 5-7 loss pretty much solely due to surveillance, and it just gets better from there.

Anyway, a few thoughts. Why are you running tech startup rather than executive boot camp? Especially as the latter doesn’t need to survive a turn to get the reversed when you need it. It also strikes me that those dedication ceremonies don’t have too many targets, so maybe including some GRNDL refineries would be nice, as well as a great econ boost. Also maybe interns to recur the reversed?

Startup saves you the install click on your turn, and costs 0 to use. Startup gives you the double ceremony, crack turn. I’ve added 1 EBC though over 1 startup to boost the False Echo M/U and synergize with mumba temple. Also, I do have GRNDL refinery :smile:

1 Like

We live in some interesting times…

5 Likes

This feels like the first decent look at what Gagarin meat could be! To bad it feels like Whizzard is here to stay in the meta…

Do you think zealous judge will have a spot in here? Even as a one-of it could make the key difference for sticking tags early? Or is it just overkill once you have them broke?

I find that the runner either goes tag me, or has to go tag me. Additional tags don’t help much. Deck’s too poor to pay a click and a cred. Need to find a few more cash options to make it better.

Splash one ASI or closed? Both seem good.

1 Like

it has one closed too lol! I had asi, but inf was tight.

If Whizzard is such a problem, maybe slot in a couple cerebral static? Has anyone tried this in Gagarin?

So many inf, and so easily turned off. I could see 2 paywall implementation.

1 Like

I’ve been disappointed with Paywall. I agree with @Jage above where he said that Housekeeping is the better choice.

2 Likes

I’m not big on a current at all honestly. Find the slots and its fine. I believe in the damage build, the money is hurting more than the “slow down the runner” though.

That said, newshound seems pretty solid if you can keep a current up.

2 Likes

You’re planning on splashing News Hound? Seems rough on the influence.

Dedication Ceremony is really, really good though. I’m considering playing the Reversed + Ceremony combo in my list. Probably cutting a Howard for it and one Portfolio.

Wasn’t really planning to, but it would be interesting. I do think the deck needs some solid burst. Not having hedge out the gate can make things tough. I think portfolio seems fine, but the kill list I posted doesn’t actually end up with a jillion remotes.

I getcha. Maybe go for a more traditional Hedge-build if you’re only playing one or two remotes. I think all the lists above momentarily blurred together in my mind.

Honestly beanstalk and hedge both could be reasonable, it doesn’t need lots of cash, but does need to recover from low cash. Bean-> scorch could be the game.

Has anyone noticed how bad Gagarin just craps all over pitchfork? With the only way to get through tour guide vein Chameleon, and the barely workable economy on the runner side, it’s pretty much an auto win assuming you can manage your hand well.

3 Likes

I’m sticking with it. Even @pandapersona’s Whizzard Bad-Pub deck was an even match (vs 54 card Temple), which is really striking.

Whoops, didn’t see the GRNDLs :sweat_smile:. I really like this idea, but I just think it works better out of Spark. You get surveillance influence-free, meaning you can slot scorched if you want to, but you also get psychographics for the tag-me punishment if you have to score due to plascretes, plus reversed accounts is also influence free. In addition, I’ve noticed that veruses surveillence runners tend to hold onto a cred at the end of their turn, all the time. If the deck requires tags to stick, this can be difficult to play around in Gaga. In spark though, all you need to do is rez an ad, and that credit goes away :smiley:

I do love gagarin, I just don’t think this is the kind of credit denial they’re good at.