Gagarin Appreciation Thread

There an HB card that gets literally no play but is really good: Experiential Data

Besides that, I wouldn’t bring this to a tournament if you have a lot of Stealth Andy in the meta. It’s the same case as not bringing RP to a tournament if there’s a ton of Noise.

Edit again: Adding the second Hadrians can help too, provided you can dodge Shutdowns…

Edit again, again: Maybe it’s time for Power Grid Overload?

2 Likes

Oh, and @CodeMarvelous, the image in the back of Diversified Portfolio is Fringe Applications

2 Likes

I was thinking Midway Station Grid, but it’s 4 influence.

Don’t really see how +1 strength helps vs. Switchblade? It’s not like we have str 7 sentries in, right? :slight_smile:

Power shutdown seems legit. Interesting–could include some in place of the diversified portfolios.

It costs 2 stealth to get through 1 Tour Guide, which is not insignificant.

2 Likes

fair, but even then that means we have to start stacking sentries 2-deep, which is rough out of a 54-card, 7-sentry deck with only 3 sentries that have hard etrs. Maybe I should start running guard or something.

1 Like

I have no idea what that image is supposed to mean :slight_smile:

Guard is okay to stop the Inside Job, but I don’t like that it sucks in every other matchup, and we really want high-impact ICE. I usually stack Sentries against Criminal anyway to play around Faerie + Inside Job. A good final server would have something like Tour Guide + Tour Guide + Caduceus + Assassin + Spiderweb. I mean, if you add an Experiential Data, that costs 8 Stealth credits. (Best case scenario)

But yeah, the reason this deck works well is because there’s no Stealth right now.

2 Likes

its a meme thats supposed to be a business guy musing before work

That would be an epic-scale Final Server :). I’ve either scored out behind Tour Guide + Assassin + Spiderweb or lost on centrals before I could even get there :).

Specifically against Stealth Andy? Hmm.

Guard could potentially be useful against dumblefork to protect archer from forked.

Don’t play Archer.

1 Like

if switchblade is your problem then archer is not the answer

2 Likes

I won the Camebridge Store Champs with Gagarin. Below is the link.

I see some skepticism about stealth andy in the thread. I played against one and stacked 4 sentries (including archer) on HQ. I was recurring crisums with interns and museum. My opponent ended up making only one or two HQ runs all game.

2 Likes

Very cool, congrats! What was your scoring remote?

Also, happy to report that I also won a Store Champ today. Gaga dropped one game to a Hades Shard that ninja’d eight points out of archives :expressionless:

4 Likes

Awesome! What did you bring? Gratz!

Apoc Kate and Museum Gaga. The decks I’ve been playing this entire season :slight_smile: All in all finished 4th out of 25, 5th out of 18, 8th out of … 30ish or so, and today first out of 17. Might have missed one, there have been so many of them o_O Planning to attend Cambridge on April 9.

2 Likes

Scoring remote was double spiderweb, ash, napd. Got some free public supports and snuck out a naked chronos project.

I am still not totally sold on this deck altogether. Way to many of my wins I barely squeezed out. I think I need to change the ice composition to better handle whizzard. Unless they faceplant my swordsman, I cant buy enough tempo to get ahead of them. Here are my thoughts…

-1 swordsman
-1 meru mati
-1 enigma
-1 caduceus

+2 rainbow
+1 assassin
+1 changeling

Whizzard - Rainbow is great protection vs cutlery. You will save your assassin/archer. Assassin and changeling are more taxing than the things I am cutting

Stealth andy - Rainbow and assassin can both be stacked on your “sentry only server.” They have to use stealth credits on rainbow or pay 3 with corroder. Changeling will always cost 3.

Shaper - Any Lady counters used on rainbow are lady counters that are not used on spiderweb. Changeling can become a sentry. Maybe they play atman at 4 but that means that assassin and archer get better.

Highly recommend Assassin. I have been tinkering with Rainbow, but haven’t really liked it all that much.

Mumbad City Hall has arrived. The future of Gagarin is here.

9 Likes