Gagarin Appreciation Thread

This is what I would expect the ruling to be, too.

I just won’t run a iced Suffrage Movement. Combo breaker!

He’s using Oversight AI to rez the ice every turn. The only way to break the combo is to run, break and trash the Oversighted ice, then (optionally but ideally) trash the Suffrage Movement. Or play Employee Strike, I guess.

is blue sun interested in splashing 6 influence to get 3x to have any chance of seeing this 3 card combo in their opening hand/draws?

in my experience Blue sun isn’t exactly wanting for cash

I find Blue Sun is always cash constrained in its activities. Always. It has a lot of cash on hand a lot of the time, but it’s very rare it actually can’t use more.

3 Likes

this is a good point, to borrow a finance term, Blue Sun repo’s all of its ICE, so they have only the appearance of being rich. if you force them to repurchase all their ICE in one go, they find it hard to defend everywhere given the expense of it. also, continually rebouncing their ice does incorporate significant transaction cost via re-installation.

so point taken. back to the original question, 2 card combos are not great (only 10% chance of seeing it in the opening hand), 3 card combos are even worse. is blue sun splashing 3x for this? and even so, its a bit combo tastic, so we are looking at this as a mid game play?

archived memories for the same influence, is a lot less conditional and has some additional utility (albeit not repeatable but I cant see a runner allowing Blue sun to continually OAI big ice without putting a stop to it)

Three card combos are only bad if the cards are bad, and are useless with out the other pieces. While sub optimal with out a big ICE, and an OAI you are still taxing a click on face down remotes. Getting an interns, hedge or restructure back is a pretty high average case scenario for the card.

Given that, it might be better than Adonis in bootcamp. It costs one less to trash, and can’t be normally protected but has a higher ceiling, is a must trash, and looks like average use is roughly a wash (getting back just a hedge would be the same net credits as letting a adonis click once, though you need 2 more credits to start)

Most blue sun runs 3x Executive Boot Camp. A one-of of Suffrage Movement would be exactly as fetchable as Adonis is today.

FTFY.

Many lists are back up to 2x EBT, in part to find Elizabeth Mills to nuke Wyldside.

I am planning to try it out as a one of. Jeeves is unique so having more than one can clog up your hand. The deck after finding room for City Hall will have multiple ways of fetching it, and using museum will be able to recur it. With all the changes you need to get to 6 inf versus 3 inf I feel that it would be a very different deck. (4 total card changes to get the inf and fit jeeves versus at least 7+ card changes to find the inf and fit in 6 HB cards and 1 Jeeves).

City Hall seems like a massive power card in Gagarin. Once Jeeves is legal then having one at start of turn means you can use it to:
install Mumba/MoH, install jeeves, rez jeeves, install mumba/MoH get jeeves click, install mumba/MoH. Throw in Turtlebacks which can now fire 4 times in a turn. And (as was mentioned above) city hall install mumbad virtual tour then city hall product recall, 5 cred for 2 clicks and if you have jeeves you can search for something else and get a free click after that! with 1 to 3 turtlebacks you can get 6 to 8 credits per 2 card loop. Also Executive Search Firm · NetrunnerDB Executive search firm can be installed through city hall and fetch elizabeth mills, which together with museum lets you spam location trash over and over (ESF also can grab JHow). This card seems to open up a ton of exciting lines of play, and makes me excited for any new alliance cards left to come–alliance ice would be crazy good!

Anyone else been exploring it? I feel like even in pre-Jeeves world it seems worth including since you can install//rez/install 2 alliance all in one turn and be guaranteed to get value from it–quite a lot, especially if turtlebacks is down.

I’m testing it for regionals. It won’t be tier 1 though :-p

And yes, just being able to pull your temples and museums is great.

The idea of 1x jeeves is interesting. I suspect that much like Blacklist, you often want two on the table. It’s possible that a 3x is unnecessary. There are other HB cards you want anyway (Team Sponsorship and potentially Viper or Magnet in the future) so going for alliance makes sense.

2 Likes

It’s near impossible to have too much money as Blue Sun. Sometimes people will look at me on 30 credits and say, Wow! You’re rich! I laugh and reply, actually I’m really poor and have seen no Econ this game…

Mumbad City Hall is interesting. Drawing and installing (or playing) a card with a single click seems like it could be strong, even if it’s limited to the (somewhat underwhelming) Alliance cards.

On the other hand, you gain this tempo at the cost of thinning R&D (kind of like The Foundry).

If you use Mumbad City Hall to play Heritage Committee, it can function kind of like Jackson Howard! (Drawing 2 cards and sending an Agenda you don’t want back into R&D).

1 Like

After an evening of testing with Mumbad City Hall, I retract my previous statements about the card. It’s actually quite awful and slow. Complete waste of cardboard and not worth any further efforts. If you had any plans to test it, you should probably do something else with your time – no point squandering precious resources on something that is evidently a trap. So, yes, don’t play with MCH, 'nuff said.

13 Likes

Not sure if serious…

Or prepping secret tech for regionals…

2 Likes

He’s a silly goose.

5 Likes

Did you try it with Heritage committee? That interaction seems pretty nuts, click + cred to draw three cards and then shuffle a card from hand into deck. Or if top 3 cards suck get a MoH (to shuffle HC back in) or Mumba temple or mumba virtual and/or product recall for cash. I didn’t realize at first how strong the interaction was, seems like it could essentially replace Jackson…

1 Like

Played an SC today with this list: Legends of the Hidden Temple - 2nd Raleigh SC · NetrunnerDB

It’s essentially @CJFM’s Hidden Temple list, but testing showed that I had too much money and not quite enough things the runner HAD to trash… So I dropped 3x Turtlebacks, and a Root, and put in Snare!, Contract Killer, Blacklist, and Interns.

Dropped two games of six played. Played two Criminals with Desperado/SecTest, actually won one of them by destroying Kati with Contract Killer and then SecTest with Corporate Town. Misplay cost me a game in Double Elim, as I forgot that Hayley runs Scavenge, so I need to pre-rez the Blacklist, and can’t just wait for a Clone Chip to hit first. Did fine against Dumble, interestingly enough. (He can parasite my Tour Guides all he wants, I’m just going to Museum them back…)

1 Like