Going Against the Grain: Reg-Ass Maxx

Immolation script is way better than both Forked and Spooned, in my experience.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m very curious about it, good to hear someone has had positive experiences with it. There’s a lot to like: 0 cost, Archives pressure, combos well with other cards in my current list (cutlery, Parasite, Imp).

It’s also hot shit with Doppelganger FWIW. Did lots of Knifed, click through Eli, Immolation script, doppel to the remote trash Sundew (get fucked) sort of turns against RP in the last Store Champ season.

If you have Parasites, I agree. However, in Wyldcakes MaxX you often don’t have the spare influence (or clicks) for Parasite.

Yeah I’m not so hot on the pancake maxx yet. I’ve played it a half dozen times and I’ve only played the wyldside 3 times and the chronotype once.

Lets leave the Reg Ass players alone. Winners can post here: [Devils Cake] - MaxX Faust Decks With Wyldside

2 Likes

I’ve found my version to be extreamly effective against all corps in the meta right now. It’s worst matchup is RP which I really haven’t been seeing.

1 Like

http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/tJHkFdhkshzTmvM7D/

I came in second at a 22 person SC in NYC. Was rocking this pre-MWL BarnacleShop list. Desperado is pretty good here. Another Maxx archetype. Just what everyone wanted.

5 Likes

Yeah, came in fourth today with a very similar list BarnacleShop (4-1 Card Kingdom SC) · NetrunnerDB, but it got axed hard by the MWL.

I miss desperado in the post MWL parasite list :frowning:, it frees up so many clicks to run

Good call on desperado btw. It did a ton of work. I don’t miss it as much after mwl when I can put in turntable and don’t have to worry about architect.

Was supposed to have a tourney last night, and I was excited to bring my beloved pre-MWL MaxX deck to give a fond farewell “One Last Tourney” to. Tragically, the tourney was cancelled, to be rescheduled for a later date, so I lost my chance. Goodbye, old friend, thank you for the wonderful memories.

1 Like

I’m not sure you two should be allowed in the same thread. Or at least banned from consecutive posts :wink:

4 Likes

I feel like we’re just two people who love MaxX and want to discuss her, no need for punishment, haha.

I’m playing with 2cc 3 parasite 1 zu 1 yog 1 levy,feels good since worst enemy TS NEH been gone,but your list seems very unique and decent,3 parasite and 3 cc and 1 levy,with 2 turntable,how does it work?1 Faust 1 Mimic is still not convincing enough for me to play this deck,but I really like it.

We need a deathmatch between the two S :wink:

http://images.bwbx.io/cms/2013-10-22/1022-thunderdome-630x420.jpg

Except with cards.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing with an Apocalypse MaxX deck that I’ve been having a lot of fun with, and now I want to see if I can make it into a serious tournament deck:

So far the main things that I am worried about are Crisium Grid, and Turing on central servers, I’ve included 1x Faust to deal with ICE that I need to break through to access a central and trash Crisium Grid. I added a single Parasite to deal with Turing on central servers, though I suppose a Yog.0 would make more sense, particularly given how common Enigma and Quandary have become.

I had previously run 1x Employee Strike, but cut it for the Parasite/Yog.0 influence.

Asset spam IG can be a challenge, but between Apocalypse and Hacktivist, I can generally keep them in check.

Any thoughts? Any major weaknesses I seem to have overlooked? Does anyone still play MaxX?

I have been playing wyldcakes MaxX for that past few months and really liked it. I dropped Yog.0 and am very close to dropping corroder because of knifed. I still think it is powerful, but chronos hurts much worse. However blacklist is easy to deal with since Faust gets through everything.

MaxX has been my runner of choice since regionals of last year, and I will probably keep playing her this season too.

When people are not teching against it (aka now), DLR MaxX is the best deck in Netrunner and not by a small margin. It has a few just awful matchups, but those matchups get wrecked by Noise so nobody is playing them.

It’s also not a easy deck to piolet by any means, but probobly not as hard as something like HyperKate. There is some variance involved, but it has the most sheer power of any deck out there. You will also get lists of concessions :smiley: