Going Against the Grain: Reg-Ass Maxx

Great idea putting wyldcakes in Maxx @phette23, you’ve created a beast.

Here’s my first take on the list. It might need some tweaking on the cutlery numbers and maybe a third medium??

Event (19)
3x Dirty Laundry
2x Déjà Vu
1x Forked
3x I’ve Had Worse
1x Knifed
2x Levy AR Lab Access ••••• •
2x Queen’s Gambit
1x Retrieval Run
1x Spooned
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (2)
2x Desperado ☆☆ ••••• •

Resource (15)
2x Adjusted Chronotype
3x Daily Casts
2x Liberated Account
2x Same Old Thing
2x Scrubber
1x The Turning Wheel •
3x Wyldside

Icebreaker (5)
1x Corroder
3x Faust
1x Mimic

Program (4)
2x D4v1d
2x Medium

1 Like

How do you plan to beat Turing on a central?

The turning wheel should probably be a yog. I forgot HB was a thing, I haven’t seen them for a while.

In terms of flex slots, 1x Queens Gambit, 1xDaily Cast and 2x Scrubber could be swapped out depending on the local meta. I’m considering the third SoT, Plascrete, second RetRun or Imps.

Is Retrieval Run necessary? With multiple copies & so much draw, you almost certainly see the cards you need by the second time through the deck. Archives pressure is always nice though & a sudden 2x Medium is terrifying.

Regarding cutlery, I think that’s definitely one part of the list that can be adjusted to suit your meta. 1x of each is a solid default but not always optimal. Knifed stays in because it’s cheaper & Eli is still a card. Forked has problems dealing with an Architect on the outside but helps with some annoying multi-sub ICE. I want to try an Immolation Script over Spooned just to see how it works & since I’ve found code gates to be the least problematic in practice.

Immolation script is way better than both Forked and Spooned, in my experience.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m very curious about it, good to hear someone has had positive experiences with it. There’s a lot to like: 0 cost, Archives pressure, combos well with other cards in my current list (cutlery, Parasite, Imp).

It’s also hot shit with Doppelganger FWIW. Did lots of Knifed, click through Eli, Immolation script, doppel to the remote trash Sundew (get fucked) sort of turns against RP in the last Store Champ season.

If you have Parasites, I agree. However, in Wyldcakes MaxX you often don’t have the spare influence (or clicks) for Parasite.

Yeah I’m not so hot on the pancake maxx yet. I’ve played it a half dozen times and I’ve only played the wyldside 3 times and the chronotype once.

Lets leave the Reg Ass players alone. Winners can post here: [Devils Cake] - MaxX Faust Decks With Wyldside

2 Likes

I’ve found my version to be extreamly effective against all corps in the meta right now. It’s worst matchup is RP which I really haven’t been seeing.

1 Like

http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/tJHkFdhkshzTmvM7D/

I came in second at a 22 person SC in NYC. Was rocking this pre-MWL BarnacleShop list. Desperado is pretty good here. Another Maxx archetype. Just what everyone wanted.

5 Likes

Yeah, came in fourth today with a very similar list BarnacleShop (4-1 Card Kingdom SC) · NetrunnerDB, but it got axed hard by the MWL.

I miss desperado in the post MWL parasite list :frowning:, it frees up so many clicks to run

Good call on desperado btw. It did a ton of work. I don’t miss it as much after mwl when I can put in turntable and don’t have to worry about architect.

Was supposed to have a tourney last night, and I was excited to bring my beloved pre-MWL MaxX deck to give a fond farewell “One Last Tourney” to. Tragically, the tourney was cancelled, to be rescheduled for a later date, so I lost my chance. Goodbye, old friend, thank you for the wonderful memories.

1 Like

I’m not sure you two should be allowed in the same thread. Or at least banned from consecutive posts :wink:

4 Likes

I feel like we’re just two people who love MaxX and want to discuss her, no need for punishment, haha.

I’m playing with 2cc 3 parasite 1 zu 1 yog 1 levy,feels good since worst enemy TS NEH been gone,but your list seems very unique and decent,3 parasite and 3 cc and 1 levy,with 2 turntable,how does it work?1 Faust 1 Mimic is still not convincing enough for me to play this deck,but I really like it.

We need a deathmatch between the two S :wink: