Going Against the Grain: Reg-Ass Maxx

Ice Carver is interesting & performs the same work as NRE without the influence, but I would be really worried about it in certain situations. Maybe just don’t play it, but then why use up the deck slot? Specifically, it makes Turing on a remote unbreakable for the deck. HB can just rush to score out as soon as it hits the table.

1x ZU.13 Key Master takes care of that. The Oce Carver can be used as Faust bait if you really don’t want to play it, but with all the Wall of Statics running around post MWL, I’ve found it to be extereamely effective.

I’ve been liking the data sucker. I went Ice Carver and net ready eyes too. Wyldside maxx is competitive.

1st - 23 Person GNK - Blueberry Pancakes

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock (Order and Chaos)

Event (20)

Hardware (3)

Resource (14)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (7)

11 influence spent (max 15)
50 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

Haha, you beat me too it. I won a GNK with my Wyldcakes MaxX deck today as well. I will publish it very soon.

1 Like

Awesome to hear people are having success with Wyldcakes MaxX! I’ll have to give @gumOnShoe’s list a try. I’m still not sold on Ice Caver & NRE but maybe I’m missing something. I definitely want to find room to keep Legwork & Imp as they’ve been doing huge work for me clearing out HQ.

I’ve been working on the deck, and call my crazy (I probably am), but recently I’ve gone back to making room for 3 Clone Chips. I was really struggling with consistency without them, and Retrieval Run is roughly a thousand times worse. I had to make tough cuts to get it back in, but I’ve had a lot of success so far actually. It does lack an HQ threat other than Imp though. I might be able to make space for a Wanton, which I’ve always liked as both an HQ threat and cleaning out the hand of a Scorched/Grail player.

amped u
m u p
p p amped
e m
d u p
e
d
u
p

3 Likes

It’s not really RegMaxx at all - although it did start as one before a lot of tweaking - but I won a 55-person Store Champ with the list at the link below.

As I mention in the blurb there, it’s specifically aimed at taking down HB (it went 3-0 against HB, 3-3 against others), and is based around the Faust-D4v1d-Cutlery triad that others have been exploring a few posts upthread.

The NBN matchup is shaky at best, so the deck will likely be irrelevant in a week’s time, but hey, so it goes.

4 Likes

I think we’ve hit a meta shift and we really shouldn’t be calling it regmax anymore. But, it seems like MaxX decks are now following this rule:

3x Faust (maybe less if your’e a savant)
2x Levy (maybe down to 1 again if you’re a savant)
6+ Pieces of Card Advantage
A mimic & yog because you have to.
Some combination of d4 & corroder
4-6 SoT & DVu

• Ice Destruction / Economy to taste
    1-3 pieces of HQ pressure
    1-3 pieces of R&D pressure

I’m not sure that it’s possible to build a bad deck following this formula.

What do you do post MWL? Lose the chips?

1 Like

I think spending an entire 6 influence on 2 Levy’s is a bad idea if you’re expecting to face fast NBN decks all day.

2 Likes

Because the game if over before you need 2? Wait, thats backwards.

Only if you’re expecting to see NBN all day though, against glacier you’ll likely need the second Levy. I’ve already started the great tradition of losing games by running out of deck after Levying twice. It does happen.

re: @gumOnShoe’s note, I agree we’ve diverged from regmax. I’ve been mentally calling new archetypes like these “Faust abuse”. I’d say Faust is pretty clearly the most powerful card not on the MWL, especially given the card pool and needs of the faction it’s in.

2 Likes

I’ve started to see Wyldcakes popping up as the card advantage out of the MaxX shell. If you thought Faust was neat with +1 free card per turn, with +3 free cards it is straight up gross.

I think you keep the 2x LARLA for that case, and lose the e3 and drug dealer. But haven’t been running that MaxX shell (I’m on the Apocalypse or DLR plan).

I won a tournament with that shell; scroll up for list

1 Like

I… can’t read or write ;). Great list!

Why? Turing on remote is broken with D4v1d, Turing on central is easy to kill with Parasite.

I don’t like relying on parasite to get past turing. And yog does have other benefits, but without instant speed parasites I’m not too keen on it. Also, D4 counters are limited, so I don’t like relying on it for remote access either.

The temporary fixes are just that, temporary fixes. And I’d like to keep their use open and fluid. Not to mention, if you do install yog it helps with a ton of ice, once support is up it means getting through tollbooth more than 3 times too.

If this were a 3x d4 deck with clone chips, I’d be singing a different tune.

Here is my list:

Maximum Punk Bach (1st Place, Undefeated, Phoenix Comics TT)

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock (Order and Chaos)

Event (18)
3x Career Fair (Breaker Bay) •••
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
1x Forked (Order and Chaos)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
1x Knifed (Order and Chaos)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••
2x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) ••••• •
1x Spooned (Order and Chaos)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set) ••

Hardware (1)
1x Turntable (Chrome City)

Resource (19)
2x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x Ice Carver (Core Set)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Scrubber (A Study in Static)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Faust (The Underway)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) ••

Program (2)
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
1x Datasucker (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

I cut the Ice Carver and the Kati for 3 Data Folding and so far it’s been preforming a lot smoother. This is a different deck than yours, I builds up then hits the gas pedal, all while applying pressure on the Corp. it suits my playstyle more than the Medium-Nerve Agent plan.

5 Likes

Wyldside + Pancakes MaxX New Meta, sweet jesus.

NRDB why you gotta publicize this tech ;).

Mmm, in all honestly, I’ve been playing Faust-Wyldsided Maxx since august and 2 larla are not enough I think.

Full gas pedal is no gaz in turn +/-17 there. When you look at all games you play, only very specific games ends at turn 17.

I’d advice to target turn 21-22 for 80%+ of matchups => larla 3, put more cards in your deck, play Tropes (turn 1 tropes gives you 3 more turns).