Going Against the Grain: Reg-Ass Maxx

Of course. I’m not saying that. I mean that if both get binned, you are going to HAVE to Deja Vu it.

1 Like

Solution: Run 2 NRE and add 1 Deja Vu. Cut nothing. Throw in a David for good measure. Boom. 47 cards .

7 Likes

6 Likes

I played Dan’s list in Vancouver regionals. It went 5-1 in Swiss and 1-2 in Elims (finished fourth). I am me so I added a Wanton (which was great) and a 1-of Human First. I love that card. Otherwise the same deck.

Blacklist is a big deal. I faced it a few times, once I parasited the outer ice, It nearly happened to me in Elims, but he forgot to rez the Blacklist after Bootcamping for it. :frowning: Another time it didn’t matter since I had NRE in hand and didn’t need to Levy.

I think a 3rd Deja Vu is really critical, you are taxed more by needing NRE. My last elim game I milled both SOTs, Levy, nearly every econ card so i was basically playing Core set Anarch deck (poor, fixed breakers, crying a lot)

5 Likes

Come over to the Val thread, guys. We don’t have to worry about Blacklist. We get 50 cards too, bros, fuck 47.

5 Likes

MAKES IT SO MUCH EASIER TO FIT MEMSTRIPS!

18 Likes

We also get Career Fair instead of the dungus Levy

7 Likes

As the person who forgot to rez Blacklist: argrhdhgsyhsgd.

Otherwise, it wasn’t horrible, even if it wasn’t good. Had I done it properly, the game still wasn’t over, I just would have had two Datapikes be relevant. Worth keeping in mind, but not a death sentence, especially of PPVP Kate ever dies down.

3 Likes

Rrrrmagerd, Raj was grogboxer? Definitely might want to think about a third déjà. Setting down NRE early game is super cool, having both milled early game along with breakers, not so much… Also double blacklist lockout out of IG, who knew it’d be such a slog?

1 Like

You’re all doing it wrong. I went 9-1 with NRE Whizz yesterday.

3 Likes

I will note there are times I had 6 MUs full and had to overwrite something. #needaMemstrips

16 Likes

Every deck I test these days dies hard to random Whizzards on OCTGN. Really surprised he hasn’t taken off.

3 Likes

Levy AR Dungass

2 Likes

Not sure that means much, I wouldn’t be surprised if you went 9-1 with 45 randomly chosen cards.

Now get Whizzard’s fat ass out of this thread, he’s not punk rock enough.

5 Likes

FWIW, this is the Minimum Punk Rawk thread, and keep your body issue shaming to yourself! :wink:

Whizz has been sliming down. Sorry that he got fat.

2 Likes

You should try grimoire instead, awesome console and it gives you 2 real MUs + one virus token every time you install a virus. :wink:

Just wanted to say a quick thanks folks. Played RegAss MaxX at UK Nats this weekend. Thanks to Dan for the original list and article, and also to everyone contributing to the discussion above. It was all really useful in the build up.

I didn’t do the deck justice really. Games vs RP I felt were in my grasp, but i personally struggled to money up quick enough vs Butcher’s Shop. Shame Chrome City wasn’t legal as I’d have loved to have given NRE a go.

Regardless I’ve had a bunch of fun with it.

2 Likes

Swept the first Mid Atlantic Circuit tournament with NRE RegAss and RP, 10-0 in games against a strong field. Played 4 RP decks and crushed them every time, including some playing Blacklist.

Honestly, it was a slaughterhouse. I felt like the RP matchup was good before, but after adding Net Ready and playing today, I feel like it might have the single best RP matchup of all decks. I was feeling sketchy before about being committed to playing it when everyone else is playing Kate for the most part, but I feel pretty vindicated today and I feel like I’ll have the best decks in the room going into regionals.

Went deep into games trashing all of RP’s assets, upgrades, and scoring remote ICE and just waited for the agendas to seep into my score area.

I played 46 cards. Bitched out at the last minute and added back the 3rd Kati as the 46th. I am both proud ashamed of myself, but this deck is fucking boss and everyone who was scared to play it in Blacklist land is just being a pussy, @d1en.

22 Likes

I think someone needs to write this date on a calendar somewhere.

16 Likes

I tested a lot against blacklist and mostly found out that if someone can protect blacklist, he can also score a Chronos and I was never afraid of Chronos in the first place neither with Maxx or Kate.

1 Like