Going Against the Grain: Reg-Ass Maxx

I think being overly cautious with QG is a mistake. If you’re taking a click to check something, it becomes 3 clicks for 6 credits, which is still fair, but worse than LF (granted it’s 0 influence). I am very aggressive about using QG, and I think I’ve only advanced an agenda one time in scores of games. If you play Netrunner regularly, I think it’s an easy card to use effectively, that is to say, without checking what you are going to advance first.

This is especially true for the first QG you play in a game. Sometimes you have to be more cautious about the second.

1 Like

Great sum up of QG. basically, any time I wouldn’t have checked that server anyways, I feel good hitting it with QG. even if it is an agenda- that sucks, you misplayed, but if you were’nt going to check it then they were going to score it anyways (unless they try to guess ahead that you will QG and they throw out a big agenda hoping you will advance it for them… in which case they are inside your head and you will probably lose anyways :smiley:

1 Like

I find it easier to not run QG. However, glacier should be rising post-Clot, so things like DL will become less effective. However, one can/will get burned occasionally. Hence, the ‘gambit’ part. This isn’t a Blue card, and thus can’t be easy nor simple.

7 Likes

I consider it one of the best designed cards, myself.

4 Likes

I’m not saying to use QG only after checking remotes, I’m saying that if there’s a time you maybe wanted to check anyway, (dont want you sneaking an astro sort of deal), then it’s a good time to sneak it in. Maybe you wouldn’t have checked that new install anyway, and maybe you want to just QG it straight away, but if you’re in a good position, there might be no sense taking the risk. Most of the time, if you think something isn’t an agenda anyway, go ahead and QG it. Most of the time, it’s perfectly fine. Still, a good player might try to sneak something by if they know you’re playing QG.

Mostly, you have to just make educated guesses, though.

1 Like

Dirty Gambit or Queen’s Laundry, which one should Dan name his WC card?

5 Likes

I have an inside line on the designed card, and I gotta say this is close. It has a soiled tank top theme.

6 Likes

I think it should be a g-mod involving the tank top.

There are no issues with playing VtES with 90 card limit. If you have brand new sleeves, they slide no matter the deck size.

Where did everyone land on using Inject in this deck? I took the following to a store champ this weekend and was really impressed with my ability to dig for econ + recursion.

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock (Order and Chaos)

Event (16)

Hardware (4)

Resource (7)

Icebreaker (7)

Program (11)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

Inject digs very well but it taxes your recursion hard. You’ll basically end up having to Clone Chip or Deja Vu everything out of the heap, which isn’t ideal.

Maxx already digs deep enough as is, I don’t think Inject is worth it.

2 Likes

I’m not opposed to playing 1-2 copies but I think 3 is too hard on the recursion.

The Femme and only 2 Clone Chip are the most questionable parts of that deck, IMO.

@kiv I play FF but with RetRuns. With CS / Déjà Vu, these are quite meh indeed…

Thoughts on Ice Carver? It works nice with Yog for Lotus Field and Mimic for all the 4 STR sentries. And also makes most barriers 1 cheaper to break. Every ICE dies 1 step quicker too.

ICE carver doesn’t work with Lotus field, and that is the only reason(maye iichi 1) that you would be running that card, so no

3 Likes

Oh right, I’m stupid and will leave my post up for everyone to admire my stupidity. Damn you Lotus Field! shakes fist

7 Likes

Ice carve is still good here though.

One potential downside for ICE carver is that it drops five strength ICE out of Dave range

3 Likes

I just wanted to dredge this one back up after @hhooo won a store champ with Doppel RegAss and then I went undefeated (7-0) with the exact list posted in the article at the store champ with Vandover, Niles, Ben, and Zach Cavis.

And where is Eater Maxx? Kitchen tables. Anatomy of minor league bullshit.

14 Likes

Haha top level players winning with good decks. Surprise. The siphon version just cuts through swiss so easily though. RAM has a much higher skill ceiling though.

There is also a build much better than the average one you see winning SCs this season though. I ate it to the face Saturday. Either way, RAM for life.

2 Likes