Going Against the Grain: Reg-Ass Maxx

So guys, I’ve made some changes to my original list:

-1 Knifed +1 Spooned

2 Likes

Did you slot the Clot yet?

1 Like

Nah I decided against it as I continuously don’t lose to NBN ever. I’m going to test it against HB soon though when I get the chance, and if it pulls weight there I’ll think harder about it. I really am hesitant to change much of anything when it wins so much.

Yeah, those Spooned-into-Medium wins were pretty inspiring in the Stimhack League finals.

Lady has upped the concentration of beefy Code Gates in a lot of corp decks, right?

Wow, I have a hard time feeling fine with just 1 knifed. That seems kind of surprising.

Been saying this since before clot even came out. Tollbooth is in every deck now.

3 Likes

I’ve always played your list like this. You won’t eat your soup with a knife.

2 Likes

Maxx is on the list. It might be time for her to take a holiday…

:blush: :blush:

1 Like

What do you think of including Career Fair in the deck?

And Dan you are right about Memstrips vs Grimoire.

I have the fear. 0 cost?

I can just picture them at FFG headquarters giving DBS trash 5.

“Then it has the same rez and trash as Neotokyo Grid, which is an exquisitely balanced card.”

6 Likes

k so let’s cut this in two, one grimoire, one memstrip, so you can install both
did that the other day, was fun.

*runaway *

1 Like

Actually I was pretty serious. I think it performs betther than grimoire in big-rig Anarch decks. Sure, they are in many ways inferior to other faster decks (at this time) but they aren’t THAT terrible. And if you use all fixed breakers, you kinda need at least 2 MUs for datasuckers and another MU or two for utility viruses (say, parasite or medium).
Also, when I said it could be better than grimoire in some cases, I meant that it could be better than grimoire in some decks.

A virus heavy deck without grimoire? Sounds like you would really miss the extra virus counter.
Do you have an example deck?

We just might need a memstrips thread!?

The main reason why I think grimoire is always better is that clone chip is always better than nearly all influence, and enigma is 2 strength. Being able to insta kill a 2 str ice at the start of your turn is so important. The sudden str 2 parasite in general is very strong. Memstrips can’t touch that.

I do see memstrips working in sahasrara noise, which doesn’t sell viruses, but rather piles mounting threats and gets tons of mills. Even there, how much better that 1 medium is 2? You’re more about utility than winning the game, and being utility usually precludes winning after some investment.

4 Likes

Get your frowns ready.

Datasucker, Virus Breeding Ground, or even Wyrm can in the right decks take care of that enigma the following turn. I love me a grimoire, and its ability to turn datasucker back on is one of the reasons why after a lockout, but even that’s less likely now that D4v1d and Eater are things. Grimoire has a lot of utility, but I no longer feel like I have to play the card to have a good virus deck. Not really an argument for memstrips, but I have played decks that want the mu (those decks are usually worse decks though).

Well, I made this and I do realize it’s not very good and I didn’t really get to test it much.

Bioroid smasher

Edward Kim: Humanity’s Hammer

Event (12)
1x Déjà Vu
3x I’ve Had Worse
1x Knifed
1x Lucky Find ••
1x Queen’s Gambit
1x Spooned
1x Stimhack
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
2x MemStrips
3x The Personal Touch ••••• •

Resource (13)
3x Daily Casts
3x Earthrise Hotel
1x Ice Carver
3x Kati Jones
2x Liberated Account
1x Utopia Shard •

Icebreaker (6)
2x Mimic
2x Morning Star
2x Yog.0

Program (9)
2x Datasucker
2x Imp
1x Medium
2x Parasite
2x Self-modifying Code ••••• •

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Replace those two MemStrips with two copies of Grimoire and you have yourself a better deck, especially as it has Sucker, Imp, Medium, Parasite in it.

1 Like