Going Against the Grain: Reg-Ass Maxx

National Regular Association

2 Likes

Net Rifleā€¦ Ass?

3 Likes

Have you tried -1 Spooned -1 Zu -1 Kati +1 NRE +1 Yog +1 DejaVu ?
Third DejaVu seems to me more versatile than 2nd NRE.

Then what do you do with that extra two influence?

keep the Lucky Find/ Scavenge

Keeping the extra two influence is fucking baller though

2 Likes

@mediohxcore : Dan, how do you feel about just sticking in a second David and going to 46 cards?

1 Like

Donā€™t trigger his feefees;)

2 Likes

I was going to mention how dead-set he was against NRE, but, then, saw it in his list, but decided to remain quiet.

3 Likes

Was I?

I donā€™t hate the idea as much as I used to but Iā€™m still not doing it. Econ is at a premium.

2 Likes

This. 10 char

2 Likes

I was wrong. Initially I thought it was just new Personal Touch, and I missed the reasons why itā€™s significantly better.

5 Likes

Namely that it can install before or afterwards and that it can work for other breakers situationally?

edit

5 Likes

and why is this card better ?

You can install it before installing Yog.

You can install it with IHW or less useful cards in hand which could make the functional cost less than $2.

You can use it on other breakers: Corroder to function as BP, Mimic to save sucker counters or insure against larger Sentries. This is the big one that I missed. It turns out to be pretty hugely important because people stop rezzing Lotus Fields and the like, or even trash them, once you set up Yog + NRE.

When installing it before Yog, you can use it on your other breakers in the meantime.

1 Like

Are you guys still playing the DoppelMaxx version? Have an updated list you can share?

Played a few OCTGN games with it last night, and this is pretty great. Blanking Lotus Fields is wonderful. My issue with the current list is the econ feels a lot weaker when you remove the Lucky Find or Scavenge (latter for recurring Imp). I havenā€™t tried 1 NRE+1 LF, that seems so high variance.

The econ hit by cutting lucky is certainly real. Thats why I cut 3rd Kati for 3rd Liberated, I was trying to pick the econ up a little bit by reducing the chance of drawing a blank econ card. You could go to 46 and play 3 Kati 3 Liberated, I guess, but I donā€™t know that thereā€™s much else to try. I agree, less than 2 NRE is wonky. You CAN Deja for it but you donā€™t want to.

Nah, last time I was playing Maxx it was with Grimoire. Two memory was way more flexible and the legwork is too good not to play.

Memory: Good when you donā€™t need to play extra cards to get it.

I feel that the inclusion of NRE does seem that you want to see it. Will be a major Deja Vu target, IMHO.

1 Like