Hayley Kaplan: Click Decompression

What kind of archetypes are people working on for Hayley? So far I’ve seen lots of different directions, and I thought it would be nice to gather Hayley-discussion in one place for better cross-polination.

Stealth Hayley seems to be the front runner, but the jury is out on if it’s viable when you can play Andy for fast stealth or Kit for powerful late-game stealth.

PPVP Hayley seems to just be a worse Kate, while Stimshop/Replicator Hayley might have legs.

I’m tinkering with a Quest Completed deck to take advantage of the maximum click decompression of Hayley/Comet/All-Nighter. Early indications is that it’s a fun, janky Timmy build.

Cards that synergize with Hayley:
Earthrise Hotel: Save half a click over Quality Time
All-nighter: Net of +0.5 clicks. Useful for jamming even more things into one turn
SMC/ Clone Chip : Let’s you trigger Hayley without spending a click, lets you trigger her on the Corp’s turn (thanks @Dragar) and doesn’t require you to have two cards of the same type in hand. Personal Workshop does something similar, but you can’t Hayley stuff onto PW.
Magnum Opus: Hayley will often give you spare clicks at random. Opus turns these into 2 credits.
Replicator: Same trigger as Hayley, so you can install a card, fetch a copy with Replicator and then immediately install it.

3 Likes

SMC/Clone Chip/PW are very useful for getting that extra install on the corp turn.

I have been working on a stimshop stealth Hayley. One of the problems with stealth has always been that it is a bit slow to setup. With Hayley that is mitigated. Stealth also mitigates one of Hayleys problem, enough credits to actually install things consistently. And by adding a 46 card, I could mitigate the other problem with stealth, card slots.

Oh, and it is an hardware based Hayley deck. 18 cards in my current deck. Including the only damn card draw in the game that is hardware based. We will see if it holds true all the way to regionals.

My biggest problem at the moment is economy, I would really like some more event-based economy in the deck. Magnum could also work, but then I will need more memory…

This deck also made me start using dice for counters.

1 Like

I’ve been working on a Stealth Hayley build that I think has legs. I’ve only tried it out casually so far but it plays quite comfortably; it gets set up very quickly and runs smoothly. Obviously it needs lots more work and playtesting, I’m planning on bringing it to a GNK this weekend so I’ll see how it performs there.

Stealth Resource Hayley

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar

Event (12)
3x Career Fair •••
3x Diesel
1x Levy AR Lab Access
2x Modded
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (12)
1x Akamatsu Mem Chip
2x Astrolabe
1x Feedback Filter
1x HQ Interface ••
2x Lockpick
1x Plascrete Carapace
2x R&D Interface
2x Silencer ••••• •

Resource (12)
2x Armitage Codebusting
3x Daily Casts
3x Earthrise Hotel
3x Ghost Runner
1x Kati Jones

Icebreaker (3)
1x Corroder ••
1x Refractor
1x Switchblade ••

Program (6)
3x Cloak
3x Self-modifying Code

Stealth Andy is good too but I think running a stealth rig out of Shaper has obvious advantages with less splash needed for the rig and having so much draw and tutoring in faction to get it all out quickly. The Career Fair powered draw/economy engine has been working really nicely. I currently have a Levy in there as a back up in case a program or Kati gets trashed but I’m not mad on it, would prefer clone chips but can’t find the deck space…

1 Like

havin fun at the library mostly
autoscripting up some manuscripts

For Opus memory i find that Leprechaun Works surprisingly well, mostly to host SMCs and another program - 2 creds is expensive for 1MU, but SMC means that Leprechaun often provides 2MU, and the vulnerability of hosting two programs on one daemon doesn’t matter much when one of them is SMC.

I’m working on a Hayley Atman build (I guess Hatman?) that has been working pretty decently, mostly because of how fast it can get a good enough rig set up and apply early pressure, while still maintaining that annoying low cost access throughout the game. Tough part right now is accidentally bankrupting yourself using Hayley’s ability, which I try to mitigate with Armitage Codebusting and Cache for low-cost Hayley-installs.

The first version had Femme + London Library shenanigans, but my best games with it were the games I didn’t see either of those cards.

I’m horrible at not bankrupting myself, but maybe the answer is to improve your econ engine instead of adding mediocre econ cards? (Cache is good, but only in combination with other stuff like Aesop’s.)

What kind of econ do you run?

Yeah it’s definitely a work in progress. Originally it had Lucky Find, Armitage, Sure Gamble, Modded to get things out and then Cyberfeeders and Toolbox to fund runs, but I haven’t gotten any testing in since I tried to overhaul it, so it’s probably really weak right now on cash.

edit: here’s the original decklist, what I wanted to do was retool it to remove Femme, Toolbox (too expensive) and Library (too many clicks).

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar (Breaker Bay)

Event (14)

Hardware (8)

Resource (11)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (6)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)

I am running armitage/stimshop at the moment, but would really like to have something instead of armitage. I want to minimize resources in the deck to maximize Hayleys ability. Luckies is impossible since to much influence is used on core components. I haven’t had the time to really test out the deck to see if the economy is enough or not.

I’m a strong proponent of fitting either MO, ProCons, or Mr.Li into any Hayley deck- her biggest problems IMO are 1) capitalizing on the extra clicks she gets while setting up, and 2) balancing enough eco for high-speed installs with enough draw to find the cards to install.

Re-usable econ/draw tools like the three listed above do great work here - procons with career fair feels good to me, but Mr. Li allowing you to cherry-pick your cards to better trigger your abilities seems like it might be really good too.

Armitage might be fine instead of MO. It can go out with another resource, it’s cheap, it pays for more installs quickly.

1 Like

Good points, I feel that Magnum Opus can satisfy 1) very well. Most Blitz Kate decks I see run 2 SMC, adding a third allows you to aggressively mulligan for Opus/SMC and not lose too much tempo, especially as Clone Chips easily become SMC 4-6. Draw I find is generally not a problem with two of Diesel/Earthrise/QT.

Is Modded/Career Fair extra good in Hayley, or do the clicks saved not matter enough when Hayley already produces bonus clicks?

They’re really good. Hayley needs to draw a lot and empty her hand quickly, so getting a discount and 2 installs for one click is crazy good for her. Especially early game when her economy is a bit weaker.

1 Like

I ran some ICE destruction Hayley last night and it felt really strong. One loss to a HB Deadcoats Glacier (5-9) where all my multiaccess was stuck on the bottom. Definitely room for improvement in click efficiency in my deck. I averaged +6 clicks over the course of the game, which seems like a decent baseline, but if I can tick the economy up an efficiency notch I’d feel even better.

Yeah, I think MO is gonna be my default choice here given how much natural draw shapers can have.

I’ve been running a Stealth suite to good success. Haven’t had much time to test it but it so far but it seems to have a very good matchup vs RP and HB Glacier. I haven’t tested it out vs Blue Sun or NBN FA yet. I’m betting it would probably struggle vs NBN FA as most setup decks typically do and I’m guess the Blue sun match is based around how many curtain walls get rezzed over the course of the game.

You can probably swap Clot and Nerve agent for any number of Legworks of HQ interfaces depending on your meta.

Install ALL THE THINGS!

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar

Event (7)
3x Diesel
1x Escher
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (13)
2x Akamatsu Mem Chip
1x Astrolabe
3x Clone Chip
1x Plascrete Carapace
3x R&D Interface
3x Silencer ••••• ••••

Resource (13)
3x Armitage Codebusting
3x Daily Casts
3x Ghost Runner
2x Kati Jones
2x Symmetrical Visage

Icebreaker (4)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1
1x Refractor
1x Switchblade ••

Program (8)
3x Cloak
1x Clot ••
1x Nerve Agent ••
3x Self-modifying Code

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

In any given atman deck, you SHOULD make some room for clone chip and at least one parasite.
Parasite is what make Atman/sucker click.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, every game I wished I had parasite. I’m just not sure how to retool the deck above to be more like a traditional Katman deck. Right off the bat -3 Lucky Find, -2 Toolbox -3 London Library, -3 Femme clears 11 cards and 9 influence. That’s more than enough for parasite and clone chips. Does it even make sense to have Modded if I’m only using it for R&DI and Atman?