Hayley Kaplan: Click Decompression

MO is nice and makes earthrise hotel better IMO.

Here is the Stealth/Replicator build I piloted to 2nd seed at the Team Covenant Tulsa Regional (7th place overall):

Since then, I have replaced the Moddeds with Daily Casts, and -1 Lockpick -1 Quality Time +2 Earthrise Hotel. Earthrise really steps on the gas for this deck during setup, since you can spend 2 clicks pressing the Opus button instead of drawing.

Still debating between Crescentus, Datasucker, and Utopia Shard for that one flex slot. Datasucker is great in stealth, Utopia is great against anyone, particularly Scorch.

Another option is BlacKat over Corroder, which some friends are experimenting with and are proponents of. I don’t like the high install cost compared to Corroder, and it seems stealth-hungry, but with Datasucker it can break Eli for 1 stealth, which is awesome.

4 Likes

I’ve been mucking around with this Hayley Study Guide/Cyberfeeder/Cache build.

Still need something to deal with Sentries. But it’s sooooo sooo much fun.

1 Like

Depends on what you are trying to do. I try to have roughly 1/3 of hw/programs/events to make Hayleys ability to fire as often as possible.

If anyone is building a resource-based Hayley, armitage is probably good. I think a resource-based toolboxy Hayley could work. Maybe with the aesops/cache economy (if it is good, haven’t tried it)

I can attest Armitage is great in a resource based Hayley. Cheap to install, doesn’t take up memory so you can throw it out whenever, and makes great use of saved clicks.

5 Likes

Aesop becomes quite viable. Armitage, Daily Casts, Inside Man, Spare Replicators/Chips all are sell-able for more money.

IMO Stealth is great if it gets started for her. But I’m playing with some janky London Library shennanigans in the meanwhile. I think those have some potential as well.

Here’s the list I’ve been messing around with. I’ve been loving armitage. Stealth really doesn’t need lots of money once its setup so armitage fits perfect. Clot I’ve been finding is a must, fa hoses the deck before it can get setup.

Stealth Hayley

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar

Event (8)
3x Diesel
2x Legwork ••••
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (12)
2x Astrolabe
2x Clone Chip
2x Lockpick
2x R&D Interface
2x Replicator
2x Silencer ••••• •

Resource (13)
3x Armitage Codebusting
3x Ghost Runner
2x Kati Jones
3x Personal Workshop
2x Symmetrical Visage

Icebreaker (5)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1
2x Refractor
1x Switchblade ••

Program (7)
3x Cloak
1x Clot ••
3x Self-modifying Code

14 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

It seems weak against kill decks tho.
Maybe Utopia shard for the last influence point instead the second refractor ?

Yeah this is pretty similar to the way I was going too! I’d love to fit in Clot but I’m not sure where yet…do you not feel like you’d need an extra memory to support Clot as well as your breakers and cloaks?

Also yeah you’re pretty weak to kill decks here; I’d suggest Plascrete or Utopia depending on your preference, and a Feedback Filter. Because you need to install and play nearly all the cards in your deck you end up quite vulnerable to net damage, especially if the game goes on for a while and you run out of cards.

Utopia sounds like a fine choice. Has a side effect of synergizing with legwork too. Memory I haven’t had much issue with. The games where I install clot I don’t really install all of my breakers (fa ice is usually pretty weak) but if I do ghost runner and the hardware has pulled me across the finish line most times.

Here’s my second attempt at a Hatman deck, going to be testing it tonight. I’m sort of worried about the economy but I wasn’t sure how else to go about it. If it proves to be a poor-ass deck, I might swap All-Nighter’s and test out Ice Analyzers in their place Hatman v0.1 · NetrunnerDB

(Killed the old list)

Managed to test a bit, and I’m loving this:

Kaplan’s Singularity

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar (Breaker Bay)

Hardware (10)

Resource (17)

Icebreaker (7)

Program (11)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

It’s basically every economic package I’ve ever loved in single deck. Sucker + Desperado; A little of pro-co as babies; Scheherezade + Aesops; AND kati.

The combination basically means that you shouldn’t ever really be poor. Masanori also helps keep filling your hand up. The festers are a bit better than I expected them to be. In combo with deepthought/clot/suckers, it basically means your opponent has to pay to disrupt your engine. You shouldn’t be worried about NBN while playing this deck, aside from scorch, and that brings us to the deck’s weaknesses:

Weyland cards. A lot of the breakers in this deck are dirt cheap, which also means they’re pretty low strength. Inti is absolutely awful if you have to pump the thing. So, I’m not sure that this can win the blue sun matchup. May be that d4v1d should be in the deck over fester, but fester makes deep thought tolerable. It may also be that cache is a good card for the deck, though honestly, slots and mem can be a bit rough. Atman is the escape hatch; I tend to put it at 4, maybe its worth finding a slot for a 2nd that can go up at a higher strength or something…

Sacrificial construct serves a few purposes: it protects your rig, it protects clot. Be it resources or programs, you usually get a double install; occasionally on hardware, but not that often.

I’m trying something along the same thought. Basically switched my Mac Cache Pawnshop, that has had great success in casual, to Hayley. I’ve went all in on programs (running about 30), so as long as I manage memory (can support up to 9 MU), I use Hayley’s ability most turns and with 3x Clone Chip and 3x SMC can often use it on the Corps turn as well. I’m using Sahasraras instead of Cyberfeeders.

It’s definitely a lot of fun and feels like it has potential to be competitive, probably have success like the Dumpster Gamble Exile deck that took down a Seattle Store Champ, if not more.

If you are going the stealth route, what fracter do you use? I feel that lady requires too much support around it to be comfortable with it. This is my biggest problem at the moment. Corroder seems to be best at the moment. Except that influence is really tight.

Also did some stats yesterday when I was playing. Hayleys ability fired off 9 times, and I had the stealth suite (breakers and recurring credits) out by turn 5. Not all credits, but enough to start making a run every single turn.

I also had horrible draw this turn, didn’t get my workshop out until after the suite was out. Hayley loses a lot of flexibility if you have to rely only on the cards you have in hand. Especially if you have a brain damage.

I use Corroder and Switchblade and have found the influence fine, but the benefit of playing stealth in Shaper is you can use Dagger instead of Switchblade to save influence if need be. I agree that Lady requires too much additional support to fit comfortably into a stealth deck.

I feel that switchblade is a bit to taxing on the credits, so I am using dagger. My reasoning is that multisub pain-in-ass sentries (i.e komainu, tsurugi) often have low strength, so it is better to parasite them.

Dagger is also faster to setup, since it only requires a single stealth credit to work.

played a few games against stealth hayley the other day, and I have a few observations. The games were really tight (piloting a rush-y HB glacier and a titan midseasons deck I have a lot of practice with) and though I won 4/5 I definitely had to chalk it up to a combination of good luck and a more inexperienced opponent, which is to say, he played his deck very very well but wasn’t much for anticipating my moves (midseasons caught him totally off-guard all three games we played with that deck, for example). Here’s what I saw:

• Hayley and stealth seemed really good together. with replicator and PW he had an insane rig out in no time. especially by managing his corp-turn installs he had borkloads of stealth credits before I could hardly do anything.

• With this deck he didn’t seems to need MO or armitage or PC to “use up” clicks. between Kati, drawing (w/ visage ofc!) up cards and playing them out, he was getting plenty of value for his time.

• switchblade was a total champ. I know archer hasn’t been unbeatable for a long time, but even with faeries and sharpshooters I can at least throw one on R&D and trust that they can’t dig forever - I was really bummed to see this instead of dagger for this reason, so it seemed like a really good splash.

• barriers definitely the weak point.there really wasn’t room in his deck, I think, to count entirely on lady, so he had to bring a corroder. Elis, heimdalls, Hives and fire walls punished him hard for that.

• meat damage protection, ya’ll! He told me after he had been counting on winning the cash game to prevent tags, but it’s just not a good plan against weyland IMO (even as titan. if I had been BS he would’ve had no hope!). A utopia or a couple of plascretes would’ve gone a long, long way for him.

2 Likes

A guy on reddit tested my deck out and told me my economy was too strong. lol. Nosuchthang

I still haven’t actually tested it, but I really want to try BlacKat with Datasucker as the fracter. Maybe it will be bad, but maybe it will turn out awesome. Corroder is the natural choice, but it is definitely the weak point of stealth decks.

The problem I see with BlacKat is that it sucks even more influence and card slots into the stealth rig. And it doesn’t seem that powerful, especially when compared with the other stealth breakers.

But if we play with that thought, a full stealth suite could be:
2x silencers
2x dyson fractal generator
3x lockpicks
1x dagger
1x Refractor
1x BlacKat
= 15 inf and 10 cards.

• cloak or ghost runners.

And if you want suckers, -1x dyson, +2-3x datasuckers