Hayley Kaplan: Click Decompression

Save influence goes to d4v1d, and you’re covered after 1 LLDS, and its cheap otherwise, I’d try it out.

1 Like

No parasite and no Escher is a dangerous game to play, corps can create some really ridiculous servers if you let them go unchecked now, and don’t think this has the econ to just go over the top of some of them.

1 Like

I like Escher, that would definitely help with my late game issues. Quite a few times have been 5-5 but runs get expensive enough that I can’t maintain pressure for the last agenda (whether that be not maintaining R&D lock, can’t hit it from HQ before they FA, or can’t hit the scoring remote enough times with Ash/Caprice to get in). Thanks for the idea.

I’ve been trying to use Hyperdrivers to help me set up quicker against NEH, as @Calimsha is trying in his post-MWL Mac build. I think the key is to use it after you have ProCo out so you can get 3 extra credits/draws then your regular turn. With Hayley’s ability it’s very easy to get it in on the Corp’s turn and not have to worry too much about managing MU (although I have a 1x Leprechaun as a tutorable memory source).

I’d also recommend Inti since it’s free to install, and against the new flavors of NEH FA, it’s all you need to break ALL of their barriers. Against other corps it’s another program you don’t mind pawning. Parcia is also great for pretty much the same reasons.

1 Like

This is as good a time as any to share my Hayley Chameleon deck I’ve been working on since Breaker Bay dropped.

Shotgun full of bees

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar (Breaker Bay)

Event (10)

Hardware (12)

Resource (13)

Icebreaker (5)

• 1x Atman (Creation and Control)
  • 3x Chameleon (The Underway)
  • 1x Inti (Creation and Control)

Program (6)

13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Personal Workshop is crucial for this deck - installing Chameleon at instant-speed is bonkers. Inti is there strictly for Wraparound, and could be any other fracter. If you fear fast advance, drop the two Scrubbers for a Clot and a Sac Con.

I’ve had a lot of success with this deck, and more importantly it’s a lot of fun to play. It has some major weaknesses (Targeted Marketing lols at this deck, and net damage can be really painful, since your rig is in your hand) and will probably never be T1, but the look on your opponent’s face when you approach their scoring server with two Chameleons on deck and two TWs with 10+ credits each is priceless.

Needs more rara.

So thought I’d report back on my testing, this deck has been for real, it has won so many games for me.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/579295

Opening with Fansite and artist colony makes you win pretty much every game. There is so much shaper BS here. I want to fit 1 davinci just for cards that get sucked up into hand, and it is a nice savings after you start running, and is great for poking remotes vs NEH, but infinite clot lock is amazing. Levy is a consideration still, but I can play smart enough to not need it. Try it out, its bananas.

Edit: did I mention that with everyone tuning their decks to fight faust, a lot of the breakers and decisions here power through the ice that are good vs AIs? This is the great deck to off-checker faust decks :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I had rara for a long time, but I swapped it out when I added Data Folding. I only ran one, meaning I had to burn an SMC for it most of the time which never feels good. I’ve never missed it - between Scheherezade and Tech Writer, I never missed the money.

I like your list, and I might switch over to it (at this point I think I’ve squeezed all the performance out of Chameleon that I’m going to get). It interesting that you’re running Sharpshooter instead of Deus X considering the Sac Cons - is this just a meta call? I’ve seen a big resurgence of Jinteki PE in the ongoing anti-Faust arms race.

I don’t have problems playing against PE on a skill level, and the other edge cases deus covers aren’t really worth it (heimdall etc). The sac cons get stretched with faerie and or clot, more workload on them is too much. Sharpshooter is early just a 3rd faerie for the early facecheck period, and to protect breakers that were forced on gear check. Late game its faerie 3 or just a Techwriter aesop’s target. Low cost allows you to trigger hayley cheap.

I’ve been getting some traction with this list, which I modified from one I found in this very thread:
(Original by @ZiNOS, Technically Correct (the best kind of correct) Haley NetrunnerDB link

Hi-Tech Cache Shop

Event (11)

Hardware (8)

Resource (11)

Icebreaker (4)

Program (12)

46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Chakana and Clot are in a cage match to be the one true anti-FA card in this deck. Clot is clearly the better anti-FA card, but Chakana messes with every corp, which I really like.

I’ve been impressed with the cash-flow in this deck. It seems to always have more money coming in for seemingly no reason. It is really hard to keep out. Atman and G-blade combo very nicely with Escher to make one or two servers very cheap to break, especially compared to this deck’s powerful econ engine.

Any thoughts? I like this deck a lot, but I can autopilot my Noise, which is still my main deck for SC (for now).

1 Like

Clot with sac con is nearly purge/cvs proof. You should try it. And sac con is generally useful. Batty still being played.

1 Like

@greyfield came in 2nd with this Hayley Activist Support/Blackmail list going 5-1 at a 16-person SC this past Saturday:

Event (13)

Hardware (6)

Resource (14)

Icebreaker (3)

Program (9)

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

4 Likes

Davinci rules

2 Likes

@BubbaTheGoat Is the list based on my Technically correct list? If yes, do you miss the HQ interface at sometimes or not? I win a lot by pressing HQ at the middle of the game, just before the RnD lock.

Do you really think that Corroder is a must or do you actually have the money to support snowball?

Cheers.

Yes, this list was based on Technically Correct, (link) by @ZiNOS! I’m sorry, I drew a blank on the name, which is a shame because it’s a really great name.

Dropping the HQI does hurt a bit, because there are times when I know there are agenda(s) in HQ, but I don’t always hit them when I run on HQ. I’d like to find the influence to put the HQI back in, but it’s hard to find the influence to cut.

The deck does have lots of money once the engine is running, so late game Snowball v Corroder doesn’t make much of a difference, but early game hitting rush ICE like Wraparound, the extra 2c can be problematic. Corroder improves early pressure a bit, but you are likely correct (Technically Correct?) that Snowball over Corroder doesn’t hurt as much as missing the HQI.

I had been thinking of cutting Clot for HQI, but Chakana is just so much weaker than Clot against FA. I’m not sure Chakana’s added bonus against other corps is worth much.

So far, the main problem I’ve had with my version of the list is actually closing out games. I can usually score up to 5 or 6 points fairly quickly and get the rig built up, but then the Corp just holds agendas in HQ and hunkers down. The best scoring window, especially for FA corps, is to wait for me to run out of cards/money and Levy.

At any rate, back to the point, HQI would help a lot. The deck has strong enough econ, and packs an Escher to actually leverage the bonus on Snowball.

1 Like

Wow great job. Do you just accept the tag from Activist Support?

I think he gets it in play on the corps turn with Da Vinci, and aesops it in his turn.

4 Likes

[quote=“Minotower, post:360, topic:3752, full:true”]
I think he gets it in play on the corps turn with Da Vinci, and aesops it in his turn.
[/quote]i’m not @greyfield, but I have played a deck almost exactly like this quite a bit, and yes, davinci->aesops is the main play. that said,
If you find it early and are desperate to turn it on without davinci/smc, against many corps there are windows when you can throw it down safely - such as when the corp goes for their first score and you know they need to AAA next turn. It’s a edge case (we’re talking about a shaper finding a resource but being unable to find a program, after all) but if you’re facing a bad draw and need them to stop scoring in the remote right now, this trick can ensure that the first score is their last.

2 Likes

@Minotower and @voltorocks are correct from what I saw of @greyfield’s games. Another option in dire circumstances is to use Artist Colony on the Corp’s turn to bring it in, but DaVinci does, indeed, rule.

1 Like

my #livingthedream with that deck was getting my hardware wiped by a triple advanced shattered remains, only to davinci the 2nd plascrete (my version had 2) from hand.

I will say that it’s not for every deck; I don’t like it near as much in a more “big-rig” hayley setup where the memory can get really tight and the runs don’t start until you’re more set up - but in this deck or in @x3r0h0ur’s excellent faerie builds it is a real workhorse.

1 Like

After some play testing tonight against NEH FA, I think cutting 1x Harbinger for a 3rd Clone Chip is probably an improvement. If you need money, you can fire CC to grab one of the econ programs. If you need clot, the 3rd chance of recursion can keep you in the game.

The main disadvantage I see is installing hardware doesn’t combo with as many low-cost targets, but against FA the extra clot recursion can be crucial.

1 Like