Hayley Kaplan: Click Decompression

Here’s the Lock Hayley build that I’m using atm. It’s a different flavor of Lock, where you kinda start as a Faust deck, and transition into a normal rig that uses Faust for value. I can’t take credit for this version of the deck, as it was given to me from John T after GenCon, but I like it better than the original version John and I made at San Fran regionals last year.

Vampire Hunter

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar (Breaker Bay)

Event (10)

Hardware (5)

Resource (23)

Icebreaker (4)

Program (4)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

For rotation, the deck loses the RDIs, the Indexing, and the NACHs. I kinda like the idea of Top Hat, so I’ll have to mess around with one of those. The rest of the R&D pressure slots maybe become Maker’s Eyes, because with a real rig DDM gets a lot worse. At least one of the NACHs becomes probably a Sports Hopper (for meat damage protection), and maybe the other one becomes a Misdirection to shake tags more easily.

As for the deck, it’s pretty great. TAPWRM is groovy, because you’re already running the SacCons for the Clot and the early Faust protection, so it just sits there and makes bank. There’s no Rumor Mill, but you have PolOp for protective upgrades and Strikes for nasty corp IDs.

The deck is basically still just a couple core cards and a billion tech slots, but this build seems to be doing rather well for me lately. I’m looking forward to testing the rotational changes soon.

7 Likes

Top Hat on its own (unless you are Adam and want to Find the Truth) is not great, it is best together with Equivocation (and Hayley with Fan Sites can get this combo together quite reliably).

Yeah the idea was to stack Top Hat and Equivocation. Sifr + Parasite can reliably blow holes in R&D, allowing you to get repeated accesses in a single turn.

if you can get four runs in, you can just use Top Hat to hit the 5th card down while you Equivocate cards off the top. Obviously if you see an agenda on top, grab that instead, but otherwise you’re getting a defacto 2 accesses per run.

It still pales in comparison to RDI, but if you can get in frequently it should still let you establish a lock on their R&D which is really the ultimate goal either way.

I can see the argument for including more event based multi-access like Maker’s Eye or DDM, but I’ve always preferred to stick to installables with Hayley wherever possible to ensure you can trigger her ability as much as possible. This is even more important if your economy hinges around Aesop’s because you need a steady stream of cheap targets.

1 Like

I really don’t like Top Hat. I use Equivocation with a Turning wheel and it’s bonkers. I also have an makers eye in the deck, but i might replace it with Scavenge, to get extra parasites.

1 Like

Okay. So how does rotation treat hayley?

• Spycam hayley:
    dies without Replicator. It’s usable but probaly very slow.

• Lock Hayley:
    Seems ok to me. Might be good!

*Glitchfork Hayley:
Toast. No Parasite means no trashing ice…

• Pitchfork Hayley:
    Lost a lot to BN 24/7. But this might actually be viable again.

• Feywild Hayley:
    Same. Might be good again.

Any thoughts? Additions?

What is this? I’ve never heard of it. Can you share a list?

Faerie combined with sac con and clot.

1 Like

Sac con is still rotating, right? Dummy Box can’t save faerie since it only works on Corp trashes.

On the contrary: Saccon is still not rotating. :wink:

@M0H4WK: Thanks. Never saw that archetype before. I actually don’t think it’s that good in a world where Na’Not’K exists. If you want to double-use your SacCons, I guess Tapwyrm is better right now.

1 Like

Can confirm, Tapwrm is the shit, as is Na’Not"K.

2 Likes

CodeMarvelous’s Fiver Shop deck is more or less unchanged. I’ve been messing around with a variant of it in some post rotation games and it works pretty well. Essentially just Reaver/Aesops/Moose powering a pretty standard shaper rig with Paperclip/Na’Not’K/Inversificator.

Indexing + Mad Dash in a world without JHow is so good. If you get your engine online it’s really hard to slow down.

1 Like

This was born after C&C (before that box Shaper had no consistency needed for this deck) out of CT. The oldest version I can find is [Deck] - CT FaeRush | Android: Netrunner

So supposing the ban/restricted list is true, what’s everyone think of the state of Hayley? I’m worried now that the Pawnshop engine may not be viable because of the restriction on Employee Strike making Skorpios into a total nightmare. Losing Levy. Clone Chip, Film Critic, and to a lesser extent Inversificator also sucks.

On the bright side, the list would also relax the MWL tax on D4v1d and Lady, and perhaps Scavenge could pull the weight of Clone Chip, so maybe it’s something, but winning in one pass of the deck (or having to slot Trope, ick) is still a tall order sometimes, especially with PU and other damage decks popping up in the meta.

Faust ban means Lock Hayley is dead. What are we going to do if we can’t play Pitchfork?

SacCon protects you from all trashing tricks and Hayley’s ability helps against the Hatchet/Salem combo. You will have many cards removed, but your rig should be ok and as long as you can keep the breakers, Skorpios is not that bad.

2 Likes

Our Lady Hayley’s in a rough spot. Will need some rethinking.

Here is my thinking:

2 Build Script
3 Career Fair
2 Deep Data Mining
3 Deuces Wild
3 Diesel
3 Modded
2 Peace in Our Time
3 Sure Gamble
2 Comet
3 LLDS Memory Diamond
3 Data Folding
1 Film Critic
3 Sacrificial Construct
2 Same Old Thing
1 The Turning Wheel
3 Underworld Contact
1 Ankusa
1 Gordian Blade
1 Na’Not’K
2 Self-modifying Code
2 Tapwrm

Comet is very good with Deuces wild and modded/career fair. Draw into things to install. It’s value town for money. It lacks more carddraw and recursion for breakers. I was thinking to make room for Test Run/scavenge instead of SMC. But then there is the question for Clot or not. 1 Tapworm might be clot. Then and again is tapwrm good enough in this deck? What’s the hive’s idea about this?

Don’t bash me about Ankusa. It’s solid against Jinteki/weyland…

About 4-5 cards off of Wilfy’s winning deck. Lots of little personal choices you can make with the deck, but it’s fun af.

8 Likes

Pitchfork returns. Hot damn. Good show.

1 Like

One fun thing about seeing lists in T16: when you realize your opponent is on your list

I LOL’d hard when I saw PIOT in @chaosjuggler 's list at the top.