Hayley Kaplan: Click Decompression

Looks similar-ish to the Hayley Sifr deck I’ve been running this month! I really do like the 2x Strike you’ve got going on, and should probably just do that in mine as well. Also, the RDIs are good, but expensive. That being said, I always have money to burn, since Bloo Moose is insane, which I heavily recommend. In 95% of my games, I never need to Levy, because that extra 2 credits a turn is just good enough. I only just now switched back into Levy because the Net Damage matchup can require it sometimes. I think that if I were to swap the Index’s for RDI’s, I’d also swap the Shadow Net for a Same Old Thing. Right now I think Shadow Net is better with the Indexing, because Artist Colonies can become extra copies, and still works with Levy (making it free as well, which is baller).

I also heavily recommend Na’Not’K over Mimic, as it’s pretty baller as well. A single Architect on R&D kinda sucks with it, but beyond that there’s not much else that gets played that it doesn’t take care of pretty easily.

EIther way, grats on the GNK! Sifrfork is sick.

2 Likes

I’m telling you and @spags right now; Cache is a crutch! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think in a vaccuum where you could see any odd deck in the wild, Na’Not’K would probably be fine, but with Moons about and Architect being such a pain as the single ICE on a server I wasn’t thrilled about it. The Mimic is probably the first card I’d cut if I felt like I needed another influence. Occasionally I miss the Political Operative, but I think the Strikes are almost mandatory.

@rotage brought up the Bloo Moose as well in a comment on the decklist page, and it definitely seems strong in the right build. The reason I didn’t play it in this deck is that it takes awhile to actually build up cards in the heap and it’s another tempo hit in the early game. I found that by the time it would pay off, I was already swimming in credits. With more events in the deck I think Bloo Moose makes a lot of sense.

Also I noticed the same thing about Levy; rarely ever needed it. I don’t think I ever fired it at the GNK. If I were a brave man I’d swap it for a Test Run to get one more Parasite, but I’d need to be really sure I wasn’t going to hit PU or some nonsense.

2 Likes

It’s funny, I actually swapped in Levy in place of the Test Run I used to have because I got 90% of the way there playing against PU and then decked myself. Although if I swapped in 2x Strike, I think that could have been avoided as well.

|I’ll have to try it without Cache and see how it goes. I really do think that the Emp Strikes are needed right now, and they’re really the only spare influence in the deck right now. Honestly, with that many events, though, I’ll almost certainly want to switch to RDIs, and then my deck kinda just collapses into almost exactly what you’re playing =P

You’ll have to pry the Moose from by cold, dead digits, though. That shit is broken =D

1 Like

Without NACH or Plascrete, how do you not lose to 24/7 decks?

1 Like

Usually by making sure they never score Breaking News through Clot usage. That being said, no one around here is playing 24/7 for some reason. If I were to go to a tournament, I’d probably throw in some kinda protection.

I hear you on the Cache already! LOL

I have not touched the build since SIFR went MWL. However, @McCaber recently brought Sifrsite Hayley to a local meetup, and it was only through sheer luck I pulled it off. Hey, Sifrsite is good! Clone chips, even better!

I’m a bit concerned on the Econ, but you noted no issues?

It was a bit rough in my game against Moons, because I didn’t find a ProCo until halfway through my deck, but normally if you find it in a reasonable amount of time and it doesn’t get MCA’ed or something it isn’t too bad.

Normally I only load up the first Tech Writer I find and pawn the rest of them for a bit quicker return and I try to always pawn my Daily Casts right before they run out to get that extra value. The thing is, once you have the money for the Sifr and RDI’s you rarely spend more than a handful of credits on a run and Aesop’s has typically been enough to keep me going. It certainly helps that a lot of corps are on really lean ICE packages and you can just delete all the scary ones.

Also, much like the original Pitchfork, most of your strength is in your flexibility, and it’s surprising how much of a ruckus you can cause with just a few bucks and a Fan Site/Artist Colony ready to go. You don’t even necessarily have to get a full rig setup to be a huge threat. Just one RDI and an Equivocation will really make a corp sweat if you’re getting free runs on R&D.

1 Like

I don’t deny that Moose is incredibly strong (perhaps even too strong), but I was worried about having consistent targets to RFG. The only ones you have for sure are the 2nd and 3rd Pro Co and the 2nd Aesops. Everything else is so situational that it may or may not be relevant.

At least the way I’ve been piloting the deck, it isn’t unusual to go 5 or 6 turns before any cards even hit the bin, so I was worried that I might not get Moose money every turn.

If you’re sure you’ll need to Levy, that’s true. I’ve found that (other than that literal 1 PU match) I never have to Levy for money, because I’m selling everything to a Moose. SMCs, used Clone Chips, spent Tech Writers, Earthrise Hotels (which you’re not using, so that’s less of a target for you). I’ve since switched to 2x Strike over the Caches, so that’s 2 less Pawn targets, but I’ll still Moose 'em when they’re done. Unused Fan Sites? 3 for Aesop’s, 2 from the Moose.

Anyhow, it’s not like I’m trying to convince you; if you’re winning with whatcha got, who the hell cares about the Moose? I’m more just explaining why I’m a fan.

Also, now that I’m doing Employee Strikes, I’ve taken Levy back out in favor of that Test Run again. I played against PU a few more times with them in and they usually don’t have a good answer to them, especially if you can recur.

This is all really just a holding pattern until the next MWL comes out and I get to play beautiful PrePaid Kate again for a few precious weeks. <3

2 Likes

Oh I’m pretty convinced of the Moose, but I think it fits better in a build like yours that produces more disposables like the Earthrise. My problem is that I couldn’t find the slots for them, and the first cut I thought of was Daily Casts and I just liked that casts was more reliable in the early game.

I’m starting to agree more and more with you on the Levy. I’m convinced it’s one of the least useful cards in the deck but I live in constant fear of getting caught with my pants down without it (as in the PU matchup). I’m starting to think maybe my list could drop 1 Same Old and the Levy for 2 Moose, but I know the minute I try it I’m going to hit something where I actually need the Levy and I’m going to be way sad.

Oh, just leaving this with no context?

You dirty tease, you.

1 Like

I played the original build (accidentally) without a way to break Sentries except for Atman. Let go of your fear. You’ve already let go of Cache. Why not embrace the Moose?

To be honest, I haven’t gotten a lot of Bloo Moose testing in because I’ve been all starry eyed about Mars for Martians/God of War and I don’t think it really fits in that tag-me shell. I had been playing more or less the same list in Hayley over the last few Data Packs so I figured, if it’s not broke don’t fix it. There’s a good chance that it’s better than something in the list, but I didn’t want to make too many changes and wind up with, say, I don’t know, no way to break sentries. :wink:

And you’re right about that MWL tease. Is Lady coming off? Clone Chip?!

You hurt us @Saan.

I doubt the Chip ever leaves.

=1, supposedly. Not the most sweeping change, but it’s what the scuttlebutt scuttles.

1 Like

With the existence of Paperclip, I can see Lady coming off.

2 Likes

@rubyvr00m have you considered a post-rotation build?

Interested in post-Rotation conversation. With AgInfusion losing all its econ, Lock Haley might see a new opportunity to shine after rotation.

Here is my take on Lock Haley. Not a lot different from pre-rotation version. Councilman replaced by Dummy Box and System Seizure because its main targets were CI and Railgun (according to Joseki’s original version).

Not at all confident that I make good choices when deck building, so this is just posted for stirring conversation. Leaving out Bloo Moose might be an unforgiveable sin, but in my limited play I did not often find Haley in desperate need of more money except in games where more money would not have helped her.

Rotated Haley

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar (Breaker Bay)

Event (13)
2x Deep Data Mining (Terminal Directive)
2x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) [color=#4169E1]●●[/color]
3x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
1x Rumor Mill (Blood Money) [color=#FF4500]★★★●●[/color]
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x System Seizure (Station One)

Hardware (3)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
1x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]★[/color]

Resource (21)
1x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set)
1x Beth Kilrain-Chang (Blood Money)
1x Biometric Spoofing (Terminal Directive)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Dean Lister (Terminal Directive)
1x Dummy Box (Crimson Dust)
2x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)
3x Laguna Velasco District (Terminal Directive)
3x Sacrificial Construct (Core Set)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (3)
1x Chameleon (The Underway)
1x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Faust (The Underway) [color=#FF4500]★★★●●[/color]

Program (5)
1x Clot (The Valley) [color=#FF4500]●●[/color]
1x Misdirection (Martial Law)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

The only cards in my Sifr/Parasite build that rotate out are the Interfaces and the Plascrete. Plascrete can easily be replaced by Citadel Sanctuary so you still have a meat damage shield you can tutor with Artist Colony.

Losing the Interfaces stings a bit more. I suppose you could swap them for Maker’s Eyes or possibly DDM (I rarely use more than maybe 2/6 MU by the time I get into R&D since the Parasites trash themselves before access).

The stranger option is going to Top Hat, which I realize sounds a bit ridiculous, but it has a lot of synergy here. 0 cost is the magic number for Hayley triggers, it builds Tech Writer credits and is a convenient Aesop’s target as well. When you throw equivocation in the mix, you can burn the candle from both ends on R&D, exposing the top card and then accessing the 4th or 5th one down multiple times in a turn.

I haven’t actually had the chance to test it yet, but I’m fairly convinced it would work. It’s not a 1 for 1 swap, but in theory it should set up much faster than the Interfaces because it’s a 2 card combo instead of 4 and it costs a whopping 12 credits less. I think you could probably swap the Mimic for a Chameleon or Na’not’k and work in a Turning Wheel to get back a bit of that sweet late game power.

4 Likes

I tried your build and liked it. Thing is, Top Hat helped against a Spark deck but in all other matchups i’d rather have Equivocation. Especially with being Hayley. Makers Eye is still good and combo’s with Equivo. Why Citadel and no Sportscar?
I’d rather include a Inti than a Top Hat. Inti helps in the blue sun mu if you use it with sifr.

Na’Not’K is nuts! a very usefull card. I like it. Out with Mimic…

Only thing i don’t like is no NACH for 24/7 shit. But if that gets MWL’d that’s no biggie.

I do find it hard to keep using Proco. They either rush and i don’t want to take the tempohit or they shoot it with tags/MCA/voter intimidation and i have to take the hit again. I have been trying diesel/Moose instead and i’m not sure about it. Any ideas?