"High-variance decks"

This is basically what the IG list I play does. It was the one featured in a match played by Cory… something. I’d have to go digging to find the youtube clip.

Anyway, the list is sweet. Since playing with it I’ve taken out two ELP for 2 Cerebral Static, and that card does serious work. I haven’t made any other changes to the list, but I have that four free influence, and I’ve been tempted by trying to jam in two tollbooths, or maybe two power shutdown.

Amusingly, the deck has a solid Whizzard match because you’re still forcing them to pay credits to trash your stuff, and often you can push it out of range, even with their three free credits. It does make the early game a little more rough on you though, but Cortex Lock over Sundew or another econ asset (<3 Melange) can usually bring you up to speed.

What I love about the deck is that it can create a scoring server out of nowhere. Ash + Caprice + ICE, or even any combination of two of those and you have a server that can usually score something out for you, if you time your windows well. Because you can get money quite readily, you can usually brute force them on the Ash if necessary, but your ICE is also so very taxing/you’re making them spend so much to trash your assets that you’re often ahead in the money game anyway.

I love this deck so much.

It plays a very slow game that eventually gets to infinite money via PAD, Melange, and Server Diagnostics running after the runner eventually gives up trashing them. Centrals are scattered with Ash/Caprice/Crisium and a couple big Ice here and there (Susan, Ashigaru, Crick) You run 9 Agendas in 54 cards, including NAPD, TFP, and Fetal, so only one agenda in the deck is free (one Hades shard), and you can easily run people out of cards or money, depending on which route they take. Trash stuff and run archives often becomes a flatline game, don’t trash stuff/don’t check archives become an infinite money/upgrades game. If the runner goes down the middle somewhere, then they are probably recurring Imp and it’s not a great matchup. Except Maxx, who just doesn’t have the HP required to score 7 points vs. IG most of the time. It’s a very strong deck, but it takes for ever to win with, I’m talking 3-4 cards left of a 54 cards R&D when you score out. But I’ve killed kate through Levy by attrition before with it, etc. I hope Hinkes has found the right mix of burst damage to make games quicker.

2 Likes

I got flatlined by Chris’ IG deck (I am the Nasir in the above post; he dreamcrushed me out of top 8 in the last round of Swiss). It was basically what you would expect - Mushin, Overwriter, Ronin, Chairman Hiro, Neural EMP, Shock, Shi.Kyu, Snare, etc. He had plenty of cute stuff as well (e.g. Turtlebacks, DBS), but the deck’s fundamental game plan is Ronin flatline. I don’t think it would be playable if everyone wasn’t cutting Deus X from Kate.

4 Likes

Trash cost 7 or 8 Ronin…shiny. Need a few to chew through IHA though.

Thanks for the replies! I don’t think Ronin flatline is the deck for me, but good to know it’s out there. Might try the upgrade version.

Looks like Parisian EtF’s 10 for 54 (hi @Noda ;)).
2x5/3, 8x./2 is tactical, here 4x5/3, 5x./2 is just throwing some agendas in a deck imo.

Running three future perfects is better than running more X/2s.

Oh hey! I’m the maxx who queens gambitted your chronos project. Your Nasir deck was sweet, it was the only game of the day I felt I didn’t have a chance.

1 Like

@crunchums now i want the list (since it’s hurting people). Is it different from the SSCI one? Hows the RP game?

Harder to score in corp too, and 4/5 means you’ll see lots of double 5/3 in HQ.

People played 2 or 3 years here with 54s, and they were talks and talks about it. It’s a martingale but whatever :slight_smile:

Not in this IG deck.

Your ICE is porous, you will give up accesses. The ability to run agendas that protect themselves is far more valuable than giving up guaranteed additional agendas. The point is that its incredibly taxing and making those accesses is very difficult for the runner because of all the other cards like Snare, Shock, Hokusai etc. They get those accesses but very rarely get the points.

You score out quite quickly with this IG deck. Once the server is online you should have the money to protect it. You don’t want to have to score four agendas primarily, you want three. And you can do that readily.

Would other 54 card decks want fewer 5/3’s? Absolutely. I’m sure there are some that would even run more! Just like I’m sure there’s a 54 card deck running Government Takeover :stuck_out_tongue:

Cory Hockman on Peachrunner? “IG - The Slow Bleed”?

That’s the one. Fantastic deck, I absolutely love it.

1 Like

It was the SSCI one with a few improvements (- Legwork, IHW, Utopia, Crescentus, Cyber-Cypher, + 2xHQI, Plascrete, Datasucker, Femme). The RP matchup is pretty great.

1 Like

Everyone seems to think their RP matchup is pretty great these days but I still am crushing with it.

5 Likes

the reality is runner’s are playing decks that now have a snowball’s chance in hell as opposed to runner deck’s that had no shot…so in comparison…yeah their RP matchup is great :slight_smile:

Built it, looking at it…yea going to have to see it in action. Without opus, I feel like you’re basically (awesomely) stuck imping butchershop, but no scavenge, and no Opus, you’ll never want to take an agenda.

I need a video. And not the kind you sent me last time I asked. That was gross.

1 Like

Some people just don’t understand art… :smile:

I hated it

1 Like

What tournament this was and was there a cut after those Swiss rounds? Are the winner’s decklists available anywhere?

It was the Boston regional, and yeah they did cut to top-8 (73 players). I don’t think we have decklists for that event—but IG didn’t win: took 3rd or 4th.