"High-variance decks"

finally i have a reason to keep that paper trippin in my leela deck that has been dead weight for six months lol. its been relevant once and it actually did counter a midseason out of TWIY and won me the game. my idea was since i was running security testing and siphons it might be nice to spam siphons and then if the corp let the sec testing/kati stick around turn them back on. good in theory but not so good in actual play lol

@x3r0h0ur I love how your avatar is MemStrips :laughing:

Anyone mind linking me to where Dan stated his opinion on this beautiful card? xD

2 Likes

@x3r0h0ur curious if we met at the tournament? what were you playing? butcher shop also wrecked me in the top 8, when a traffic accident missed my IHW before the scorch.

1 Like

No way! But you can have this best of:

Edit:
Also while we’re at it, now I remember taking a pretty insulting screenshot :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

We didn’t play, I was maxx eater siphon wanton and butchershop varient. I had the military style olive green hat on and regionals playmat. I think when I was on table 2 you were next to me, like round 4.

3 Likes

I cannot like that post enough :smile:

Do you mean his biotech deck? I’ve played against his IG several times and can safely say there is no biotic in it. It is a hardcore murder deck and very scary to play against.

Mod edit: user @dogs has voluntarily enrolled in Project Junebug and, in a totally unforeseeable accident, tragically flatlined. RIP dogs.

4 Likes

Oh, OOPS!

Yeah I mixed the two of them up. No idea what his IG looks like. @Zeromus?

Jinteki Corporation has no information to provide at this time.

26 Likes

I pray every night to our savior JHow that the deck prominently features a Chairman Hiro that costs 10 to trash.

5 Likes

It’ll have DBS, Ash, server diagnostics, melange, Crisium, etc I assume. I’ve got a strong IG list that’s just too slow to play in tournaments, I’m curious if Chris had found a way to speed it up.

Oh and Hokusai/Ronin/shock, the other best IG cards.

3 Likes

I think it’s more likely something akin to his PE list, with Overwriter, Ronin and Mushin No Shin.
It’s Zeromus we are talking about, the master of jinteki kill deck and shell game =D

I can attest to seeing all of those things.

One of these things is not like the others.

3 Likes

3 IGs! CT, Valencia, MaxX, Nasir, and Andy are all more unique than Kit or IG on that list ;).

But yeah: @Zeromus is Chairman Hiro’s Right-Hand Man, no joke.

4 Likes

IG is secretely amazing; I think I want to build with it next; especially now that eater’s 80% less popular.

3 Likes

That fact that it has strong synergy with Power Shutdown as well as Lotus Field in faction may or may not have anything at all to do with said awesomeness.

The ID ability is totally absurd. Crick put it over the edge though. The only issue is speed for tournament play.

How does it win, though? RP makes impenetrable Caprice-glaciers, Butcher’s Shop butchers you, Bootcamp Glacier builds huge remotes with Ash and ridiculous amounts of cash.

You could make an RP-style glacier I guess, but RP might be better for that. Untrashable Snare!-nonsense?

I can’t speak for anyone elses ,but mine racks up insane cash from essentially untrashable asset economy, then uses ash and caprice behind moderately taxing ice, and brute forces out the runner on ash traces with an ash they can’t really trash, while bogging them down by knocking out critical cards with shocks in archives, hostile infrastructure, snares and shocks in hand, and ice that does damage. Overall you really slow aggressive runners, and hinder development, but you have to measure when you can go aggressive and score, often behind just a booth and ashigaru/tsurugi or something.

3 Likes