Hollywood Banking with Titan Transnational

I like this swap a lot, fits in with the bad pub theme of giving the runner money for the sake of setup speed. GLC is definitely underwhelming in this list.

[quote=“MightyToenail, post:39, topic:6741”]
Caduceus.
[/quote]agree to disagree, I suppose. if you’re crazy rich, it becomes an easy gearcheck - and remember that’s the best case scenario. if you aren’t (which happens to me a lot - though mayber MRF is doing work for you in that department?) then it’s just a cheap, porous taxer in a deck running bad pub. Not saying wendigo is necessarily the best choice (though I do consider it pretty under-rated overall) but I don’t like Caduceus much as a replacement…

1 Like

Yeah, I never drew Caduceus during the whole game. I just really don’t think Wendigo is helpful enough to justify inclusion. But then again, this is Weyland, so I’ll probably put it back in for lack of better cards. Maybe I might try replacing the Wendigos with scorch. A lot of people have played this deck, and so they don’t remove tags when they account syphon.

I’m now 4-1 with the deck. I put Wendigo back in. However, I’ve now played three Hayley Atman decks with this, and somehow beat two of them, despite it being a bad matchup. So this is looking pretty good now!

went -2 GLC +2 MRF and -1 Interns +1 Crisium.

Current problems are Anarchs as usual. Whizzard and MaxX have been tough.

How has MRF been thus far? It seems pretty handy for the pure speed.

Went 2-3 at a SC today. It’s really not worth sleeving up IMO.

Noise and MaxX are too rampant. Faust is being splashed in Crim.

The binary ice isn’t very useful against Faust and the HQ pressure (lamprey, AS, Vamp) are a bitch. R&D deep dig is easy to do.

It’s really hard to deal with all of that early aggression enabled by Faust and wyldecakes. Clot is an annoyance as well even if the runner (and especially noise) just tossed one out there as is prevents your hostiles from scoring.

Deck needs work in a competitive environment. It doesn’t hold up that well to the current turbo anarch meta. They can just out race you.

Keep in testing and see if it works. My runner went 4-1, but the corp was a pain. Despite being a rush deck, I ended up taking 30+ minutes in all but one game (played against 2 Noise, 2 MaxX, and 1 Val). Only reason I won one of the MaxX games was due to Crisium and Wendigo. Val just had her blackmail taxed out and was easy to beat. Noise was just brutal, I had no chance in those games.

Bollywood

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (10)
3x Hollywood Renovation (Old Hollywood)
3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
1x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (8)
1x Corporate Town (Chrome City)
2x GRNDL Refinery (Fear and Loathing)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]
1x Mark Yale (Order and Chaos)
1x Reversed Accounts (Up and Over) [color=#FF8C00]•[/color]

Upgrade (4)
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time) [color=#DC143C]••••• •••[/color]
1x Crisium Grid (First Contact)
1x Marcus Batty (The Underway) [color=#DC143C]•••[/color]

Operation (10)
3x Dedication Ceremony (Kala Ghoda)
1x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)
1x Shipment from MirrorMorph (Core Set) [color=#8A2BE2]••[/color]

Barrier (7)
2x Changeling (Up and Over)
2x Ice Wall (Core Set)
1x Meru Mati (Breaker Bay)
2x Spiderweb (The Underway)

Code Gate (4)
3x Enigma (Core Set)
1x Quandary (Double Time)

Sentry (5)
3x Archer (Core Set)
1x Assassin (Data and Destiny)
1x Grim (Opening Moves)

Other (1)
1x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)
17 influence spent (max 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

This is my variation of your deck.(Sorry for my level of written English).

I think the problem with econ is solved with grndl (with dedication ceremony is huge), and one reversed (huge vamp decks or gain a scoring window in low economy runners).

Also change a caprice for a batty, givin influence for Shipment of mirrormorpho (make a huge combos with hollywod advanced, like scoring 3 agendas in one turn, or install ice, nisei and the agenda and put 2 dedication on it).

Batty is huge with archer and allow you defend a central server without needing sacrifice a nisei in the remote.

Finally i go for the 3 hollywod and only one oaktown, the less useful agenda for the spirit of the deck, and of course don’t play future is now agenda that i really don’t like. If you still want to go with 11 agendas, i’ll chose chronos project to destroy maxx and faust decks.

Noise is winnable, because if you score atlas advance it had serious problems with the remotes and fast scoring. And can be destroyed with corporate town.

But Maxx and Valencia with dirty tricks is a very though matchup specially decks based in ddos.

So when I originally made this deck, I made it in Blue Sun back when Old Hollywood released. I used a single Biotic Labor as the FA tool, and it was built around a Bootcamp Glacier shell. When Dedication Ceremony released, I realized it was almost an in-faction replacement for Biotic. I tried it out, and realized that Caprice could go in place of the Biotic influence, then I realized I could drop the 2 Ash I was playing and play 2 Caprice. After a couple test runs, I wondered how it would do in Titan due to the extra Atlas counter, and changed it into rush. Seeing that it worked, I brought it to the GNK and it killed. I may have mentioned this all up there somewhere, but I can’t really remember. Anyhow.

Anyhow, I was trolling through @kiv’s Meteor decklists (I’m in ur decks, stealin ur mans), and noticed he had thrown together a Blue Sun variant, it it reminded me of the old deck. After some tinkering, I re-made the Blue Sun deck, because I didn’t really try it out that much. His is still mostly rush; I went back to mostly glacier. It might end up being safer, since it’s more on a Glacier/taixng strategy than a rush-your-pants-off strategy, but can still rush some (we’re still Weyland, after all). I know this is the Titan thread, but I thought I’d post the list I’ll be running this week as a trial, since it’s similar conceptually.

Hollywood Explosion

Blue Sun: Powering the Future (Up and Over)

Agenda (10)

Asset (7)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (10)

Barrier (7)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (6)

Multi (1)

• 1x Orion (Order and Chaos)

Since I’m on the Tax plan, Hostiles are out. I’m okay with saccing an Oaktown to Archer, since the deck can recover from that, so I’m keeping one (also, 2x Future is Now). I like 2x TFIN for both that, and the fact that since we’re also on Curtain/OAI, we actually have 2 relevant combos to find pieces for. Orion takes the place of the third Curtain because it can have some synergy with Hollywood occasionally. I had Wormhole in, but the card is nearly worthless with all the D4v1d out there right now. Instead, I’m doing 2x Assassin, since it taxes D4v1d harder. It’s worse vs Nexus Kate, but I honestly never see that deck around any more, at least not around here.

I’m also doing the meh combo of 2x GRNDL/3x Dedicated because, although slow, this deck isn’t trying as hard to rush, so it’s a little better. Maybe it would still be better as 2 Restructures and -1 Dedicated +1 Bootcamp, but it’s seemed to be fine so far, actually. Since the remote should actually be taxing, it can be okay to simply install and advance the Refinery. Blue Sun has a lot of econ in the OAI game, so it’s not as necessary to land the Refinery for money, and taxing the runner through your remote can be okay. It still sucks to get it sniped off R&D, so it’s still kind of a mediocre card, but I’m trying it because reasons.

I also went back to 2x Ash 1x Caprice, since I like having a Tollboth and Adonis. I think having 3 upgrades is better than just doing 2 Caprice, plus sometimes you get them both in the server and feel like HB for a bit. It might be better to do -1 Ash +1 Tollbooth, because Booth is pretty sexy, but I really feel like with Faust everywhere, the more upgrades the merrier.

Anyhow, this is what I’m testing this week.

1 Like