Honor and Profit Full Spoilers

I can see some crazy Caissa plays once Duggars comes out. But I don’t really see it working reliably.

I wonder if Doughnut might give Whizzard a tool against operation-based economies?

Overall, though, I’ve gone from being excited about the set to being a bit down about the whole thing. For all that I want to get excited about possible new strategies, I see “Tutor for Siphon” and “Tutor for Astroscript/Efficiency Committee” and fear those are the cards that are actually going to have the impact.

2 Likes

Eillieferung #33 - Draw 4, Pick 1, Shuffle
This should be good - in faction. Not as good as Diesel or Quality Time out of faction but I think it is worth the extra credit to see an extra card.

Finte #34 - HQ run skip 2 Ice, no access.
Blocked by Guard, Gabe nets 0 credits, Ken -1. Is only half as good as Inside Job. Worse than Infiltration for Silhouette. I guess it helps Lemuria Codecracker, Quest Complete and Notoriety? It’s for use with the hand cannon I guess, but that’s a ton of deck space with no guarantee the Corp even has personnel to kill. Waiting for the other shoe to drop here.

Geplanter Angriff #36 - Double, Siphon Tutor.
This will see all kinds of play, though I can also see it being used on out of faction run events for more reliable surprise factor with lowered influence penalty, or for things like Inside Job when the situation is right.

Öffentliches Terminal #38 - 1 recred for run events
It seems a little odd to play this instead of or even alongside Prepaid Voice PAD but if your deck really is ALL run events, saving the credit on install helps your tempo. Everyone plays Sure Gamble but realistically Prepaid Voice PAD will likely only give you a couple extra credits over the course of the game if those are the only non run events you are playing.

Unregistered S&W 35 #39 - Murder somebody
Iffy. Jackson Probably runs away as soon as you run HQ with two clicks left, so you’re not killing him directly. Installing this and two clicks plus an HQ run? Jackson is usually way easier to trash than that. Ash is a surprise rez and then you trash him. Doesn’t really need to be shot in the head.
good answer to Caprice, but if installing Caprice costs the runner a deck slot, a credit and a handful of clicks to draw, install, activate and use, she’s done a good job.

Fenster #40 - Draw from the bottom of the Stack.
Bails you out when Mr. Li hits two key pieces at the same time. Feels like deck bloat.

Wanze #43 - Use up MU and money to track what the corp is drawing.
You know, I like this thing. Makes HQ access more efficient, and supplies early warning for trap mitigation. 2c is a little steep for a recurring cost but criminals have money, right, and it is probably less expensive than R&D lock. Unlike true R&D lock you don’t score with it, but that’s what Legwork and HQ Interface are for. I think there may be something to this card, and even if it isn’t great I think it helps diversify the way the game is played.

Das Glück herausfordern #47 - Scratch Tickets
Interesting. Kind of a Hail Mary pass type card. Maybe this follows up a Siphon, you throw 9 or 10 credits at it. If the Corp guesses right, they’re still down 5 and you’re something like even-ish. If they guess wrong, you’ve made a 25c swing in credit differential.

Masseninstallation #51 - Install 3 programs
Noise will love this. Andy maybe. I would play this in Noise for sure. Could be useful elsewhere but Noise deserves to be more relevant and this is a boost.

1 Like

EillieIm evenrung #33
its not bad. the 2c discount compared to quality time is relevant, especially if you want to play what you drew.

Finte #34
I don’t think trigger on successful run abilities are there yet and many of the “instead of accessing cards” abilities are runs, so don’t think this is all that… Unless it is which I think would be a bad thing.

Geplanter Angriff #36
yes. definitely for criminals, maybe as a splash? I’d have to think about it. There are some strong run events that I think are greatly more playable with a tutor and could cause significant changes.

Öffentliches Terminal #38
no. too conditional and many cost zero anyways.

Unregistered S&W 35 #39
Maybe? Interesting and exciting for what it implies. Caprice and the odd Bioroid or whatever might make it decent if the meta shifts that way. (And I would note that Weyland demands 2-3 cards and is largely considered the 3/4 best faction, so they don’t have to be dominant necessarily). But probably not.

Fenster #40
off the top of my head Mr. Li, but that’s not worth a card slot. No.

Wanze #43
Interesting, geared toward a new criminal archetype in my opinion or at least a more divergent Andromeda.

Pfefferkuchen #44
might be useful, but I’m assuming not until I have a reason to think otherwise

Das Glück herausfordern #47
Oh hell no.

Sicherheitstest #48
interesting with medium/nerve but not sure it’s worth the splash.

Masseninstallation #51
Ehh? You usually don’t need three installs.

Psychiatrische Klink #9
meh, so you really need a faster PAD campaign for 2 influence? Maybe in Jinteki, but even then, I feel it’s kind of a wash with PAD.

Shi Kyu #11
Scary. Not sure where it fits in with the new Jinteki, but I think is a legit option.

Shiro #19
6 cost is kind of expensive, but I do think people will realize this is very good, this is counting if you already that. most of the time it’ll prevent a score and help you draw what you need.

Susanoo-No-Mikoto #20
9 is expensive and I’m not sure comboing Shock or some damage Ice is worth the cost.

Netz von NeoTokio #21
interesting card, but Corp economy has surpassed this.

Tori Hanzo #22
Interesting, 5c for brain damage is a lot. I feel like it’ll fit into something gimmicky and not worth it.

Psychiatrische Klink #9 - Corp Gains Money, Runner gains Grip
Is this better than PAD Campaign? The return on investment is more immediate to be sure, but the trash cost is lower and it gives the runner grip while being from a Corp that likes dealing damage.

Shi Kyu #11 - Mega Snare! that the runner can avoid by losing an agenda point
This is very, very good, both as a card and for the game. I like that it is a better HQ defence than Snare! and I think it’ll encourage putting Snares on the board rather than using them to protect HQ. Makes R&D a little easier to sift through for the Runner but you’r probably playing this in Never Advance where there aren’t too many trashable assets to begin with.

Shiro #19 - big 'ol code gate manages R&D accesses
Decent Rez cost. Yagura’s older brother. I like that it can force the runner to hit Shocks and Snares and controls R&D lock. Tricky thing here is figuring how many to slot into a deck. Too many and you’ve got series redundancy. Too few and you won’t get it very reliably. Should work well in a Jinteki Fast Advance archetype.

Susanoo-No-Mikoto #20 - Whoppingly Expensive Sentry Deflector!
Love this thing. Late game monster that feeds the Runner Shocks and whatever nasty program trashing Ice you stick on Archives. 9c is probably too expensive, but the 7 Strength is difficult for a runner to prep for, especially with fixed strength breakers. Incredibly fun card but too slow to win games reliably.

Netz von NeoTokio #21 - Makes advancement cheaper, or better.
Takes some of the sting and economic tempo loss out of advancing traps or 5 cost agendas. The trouble is that it is 2 to rez in the first place, and you’ve got to draw and install it so there’s a tempo hit in prepping this that you don’t really get back until later. Where this might be interesting is in Jinteki Fast Advance. Setting up Trick of Light you’ve banked your tempo already, so when you rez this thing and TOL you should come out ahead on cash straight away. The idea of Fast Advancing an agenda and coming out of the turn with more money than you started with is incredibly appealing. Nice trash cost too. Is something like an additional Subliminal Messaging with Tennin.

Tori Hanzo #22 - Sysop Converts Net Damage to Brain Damage
Love this with a scored House of Knives. I’m assuming she has a low trash cost and probably loves to hang out with Caprice in a central.

I was talking with Calimsha about tutor for events last tuesday. It seems way too strong to ever be published :). As a Gabe player, I’m pretty happy with this !

[quote]Unregistered S&W 35 #39
1c Hardware Weapon
use only after you made a successful run on HQ this turn
click, click: Trash one rezzed Bioroid, Clone, Executive or Sysop in a server without paying the trash cost[/quote]

could be good against jackson too, because corp will have to trash it after your run on HQ, else you could lose 2 click to trash it, and corp wont be able to trigger his ability

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: Planned Attack: Is this a Problem Card?

When I was reading through the pack

Shi Kyu #11 caught my eye looking at the German text, there is nothing saying it would not work from archives.
There are two possibilities:

1. Translation mistake: instead of not working from R&D it should read Archives. I have the German card in front of me and it clearly says R&D (F&E) but it would not be the first error.
  2. The card is translated correctly and accessing it from archives triggers it. (scary) What makes me wonder is, that every ambush explicitly says if it works from archives. This strengthens my assumption, that this might be a translation error.

The decks, that frequently want to run archives to get Datasucker tokens, and Desperado money might have to use Sicherheitstest, to not access archives.

Either way it combos incredibly well with Philotic Entanglement in a 1 point agenda Personal Evolution deck only problem is that it is a forced one off.

Fenster #40 is clearly the hatepick against Will o the Wisp (Mr. Li shenanigans are a plus).

Eillieferung #33 is pretty terrible. I have to draw it (1click) then I have to play it (1click) I even have to pay 1c what do I get for this 1 card that might be slightly better than the 2 other cards I might have drawn with the clicks. Usually I don´t like counting the click to draw but for a “drawing card” counting the card it replaces seems appropriate.

Das Glück herrausfordern #47 is terrible too on average I loose 2 credits for playing this. And it only works if I already have a lot of credits (around 10). Also weird placing in the pack an event between programs and resources, this makes me wonder if this could have been a resource at some point. A shame, that this great piece of art will go to waste.

Unregistered S&W 35 #39 might see a lot of play in my meta, so many HB players (CI is really strong and classic HB fast advance is still pretty strong too).

Unregistered S&W 35 specifically says “in a server”.

It does not allow you to trash bioroid ice because ice are not in the server.

Nice catch thank you! I just read that on bgg too. Good to know, that my deck is safe.

My Central only Gabe I plan to run uses

2 Indexing (6 inf)
3 Parasite (6 inf)
3 Datasucker (3 inf)

I might have MU issues but with Parasite Gabe you shouldn’t need to worry too much about getting to a full rig. You’d have pretty much won/lost by that point.

Definitely a good place to start testing.

Datasucker is such a great card it has synergies with everything, anarch breaker, criminal breaker, parasite, desperado, now Sicherheitstest (Safety check).

It will be fun to try.

Currently there is a bug in discourse affecting the Netrunner General category. It should be fixed very soon. In the mean time I will split things off myself.

2 Likes

I like the Influence spread, but even by removing the 2x Corroders, Yog, Mimic and 3x Knights, you figure you’d need to cut a few cards to incorporate the spare Indexing and extra Central-only Breakers. Plus you still probably need 2-3 Faeries with Gabe, and a true Sentry killer like a Femme, or do you plan on Crypsis as a catch-all?

I dig the idea and am trying to make all of it fit into my current Gabe-Knight build that is salivating over these Central Only breakers, but it’s tough to keep it at 45 if you still want 5 pieces of Hardware and minimum 2 Sneakdoors and the requisite 3 Inside Jobs, Shutdowns, etc.

Cards specify where they don’t work, not if they work in Archives. Snare says it DOESN’T work in Archives, specifically, same with Fetal. Shock! doesn’t mention anything, so it does.

A non-R&D trap doesn’t sound all that farfetched, especially considering how amazing Shi Kyu is already, anyway. If it went off in R&D, it’d be one of the best cards in the game. It’s ALREADY better than Snare and Shock, I think.

1 Like

Yes there is a difference in the wordings.
The concept of “advancing” a card is defined in the rules - i.e. an action which takes 1 click and costs $1 and results in an advancement counter being placed on a card (that can be advanced). However, the same is not true in reverse, i.e. an advancement counter being placed on a card is not considered be “advancing”.

It’s basically semantics, but what it boils down to is whether or not New Tokyo City Grid only triggers through “advancement” (the action, as defined in the rules) or any time advancement counters are placed (i.e. Trick of Light, Tenin Institute, Shipment from SanSan, Astroscript etc.)

That multi-install card is very good for Anarch. Lots of cheap programs that increase in potency exponentially. Can’t wait to test it!

From the wording, it looks like Shi Kyu would trigger PE’s net dmg if they take the -1 point?

They add it, not steal it, so I don’t think so. Could be wrong, but it seems like an important semantic difference.

Yeah, on second thought it would work the same way as Notoriety, so no net dmg I guess.

I think it probably increases the damage from Philotic Entanglement though…