Honor and Profit Full Spoilers

Unregistered S&W 35 specifically says “in a server”.

It does not allow you to trash bioroid ice because ice are not in the server.

Nice catch thank you! I just read that on bgg too. Good to know, that my deck is safe.

My Central only Gabe I plan to run uses

2 Indexing (6 inf)
3 Parasite (6 inf)
3 Datasucker (3 inf)

I might have MU issues but with Parasite Gabe you shouldn’t need to worry too much about getting to a full rig. You’d have pretty much won/lost by that point.

Definitely a good place to start testing.

Datasucker is such a great card it has synergies with everything, anarch breaker, criminal breaker, parasite, desperado, now Sicherheitstest (Safety check).

It will be fun to try.

Currently there is a bug in discourse affecting the Netrunner General category. It should be fixed very soon. In the mean time I will split things off myself.

2 Likes

I like the Influence spread, but even by removing the 2x Corroders, Yog, Mimic and 3x Knights, you figure you’d need to cut a few cards to incorporate the spare Indexing and extra Central-only Breakers. Plus you still probably need 2-3 Faeries with Gabe, and a true Sentry killer like a Femme, or do you plan on Crypsis as a catch-all?

I dig the idea and am trying to make all of it fit into my current Gabe-Knight build that is salivating over these Central Only breakers, but it’s tough to keep it at 45 if you still want 5 pieces of Hardware and minimum 2 Sneakdoors and the requisite 3 Inside Jobs, Shutdowns, etc.

Cards specify where they don’t work, not if they work in Archives. Snare says it DOESN’T work in Archives, specifically, same with Fetal. Shock! doesn’t mention anything, so it does.

A non-R&D trap doesn’t sound all that farfetched, especially considering how amazing Shi Kyu is already, anyway. If it went off in R&D, it’d be one of the best cards in the game. It’s ALREADY better than Snare and Shock, I think.

1 Like

Yes there is a difference in the wordings.
The concept of “advancing” a card is defined in the rules - i.e. an action which takes 1 click and costs $1 and results in an advancement counter being placed on a card (that can be advanced). However, the same is not true in reverse, i.e. an advancement counter being placed on a card is not considered be “advancing”.

It’s basically semantics, but what it boils down to is whether or not New Tokyo City Grid only triggers through “advancement” (the action, as defined in the rules) or any time advancement counters are placed (i.e. Trick of Light, Tenin Institute, Shipment from SanSan, Astroscript etc.)

That multi-install card is very good for Anarch. Lots of cheap programs that increase in potency exponentially. Can’t wait to test it!

From the wording, it looks like Shi Kyu would trigger PE’s net dmg if they take the -1 point?

They add it, not steal it, so I don’t think so. Could be wrong, but it seems like an important semantic difference.

Yeah, on second thought it would work the same way as Notoriety, so no net dmg I guess.

I think it probably increases the damage from Philotic Entanglement though…

Correct, it does indeed.

time to add a single data dealer in hostage andromeda :smiley:

edit : oh, didnt see that Alex already suggested this ^^

Time to actually put together the janky Frame Job deck I’ve had in my mind for the last couple of weeks :-).

So that upcoming resource that draws 10 cards for 4 clicks could work very well with multi-installer. The runner could very quickly assemble their rig by drawing through their whole deck, rather than tutoring it up.

Something I’ve just considered, not sure if it’s being discussed elsewhere.
Everyone is playing Caprice Nisei right now (because she’s totally bananas). H&P provides a solid answer to her in the form of Unregistered S&W; but I feel like 3 influence kind of prices out the other factions from taking it. The choice seems to be either accept that Caprice is going to ruin your day, or play Criminal. With Criminal already being the strongest Runner faction and about to receive a box load of new toys is there going to be any point in playing the other factions?

EDIT: I suppose, to an extent, I only considered the new environment from one point of view. Jinteki entering the picture makes a difference as well I guess and Shaper have the best answers to them. What do people think?

I’m happy to see an answer for her, but I don’t see it as a reason to switch from Anarch - in the 15 or so games I’ve played against her I haven’t played one where she’s had more of an effect than an Ash would have.

Because Anarchs can switch pressure to other servers fairly easily and keep the corp poor, I find a timing window invariably comes up where the Corp is on no money (either through having to rez cards elsewhere or Vamp/Siphon) and I can go trash her and snatch whatever she is protecting without getting involved in the silly psi-games. A Caprice on a Millage would cause me no end of problems, but luckily I haven’t come across that yet.

1 Like

In my area, everyone certainly isn’t playing Caprice Nisei. There was certainly an initial spike, but people largely realized there are usually better things to do with influence.