Hyperdriver - how best to leverage a 7+ click turn?

a few thoughts: #1, bring leprechaun along. this is a mem card that has been hovering on the edge of playable for a long time, but it gets crazy with hyperdriver in the mix.

As boring as it sounds, I think that often the best use of this card is as an MO booster. the main problem with MO economy is that it’s very predictable: all the corp has to do is add 6 to your current cred total and they now exactly how much money you’ll have next turn. with hyperdriver, they have to try to guess: will this be the turn they pop one or both of thier 'drivers and gain between 12 and 18 credits before running?

one other interaction of note is london library - 3 free femmes (insert gigantic breaker of your choice here), a run, and enough clicks left over to scoop them all back up into your hand :smiley:

I won’t touch on the DLR and notoriety decks popping up everywhere, as others have already mentioned them enough, but I think this card will deserve to be in quite a few decks; it may be hard to put your finger on exactly how you’ll use it, but suffice it to say there always seem to be times when the game depends on a steal and you think to yourself “I wish I had one more damn click.” well, how about 3?

1 Like

Next turn, neural EMP :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what Amped Up is for!

Not a bad idea, but I think splashing Autoscripter works better for this particular brand of jank.

amped up just works so bad for any plan involving cards in your hand though.

So don’t play Anarch if you can’t handle a little brain damage!

The human brain only uses like a quarter of its capacity anyway, right?

1 Like

Amped up actually has some small rules text near the bottom that’s hard to see, but I’ve been told it says that if you have Wanton Destruction in hand, it WILL be the card hit by brain damage.

7 Likes

Why not both? Besides, Autoscripter only works on the first program installed each turn and has a downside.

EDIT: I also just realized that hyperdriver can only be activated at beginning of turn so my previous example is not 100% accurate and some of the surprise factor is lost.

I like the way you think! Hell, we might as well go all in for the multiple Quest Completed/Notoriety super turn! All-Nighters! Rachel Beckman! Maybe even Joshua B. or Stim Dealer if the influence holds out!

I can’t wait to make this deck for next week’s league night. The summer of jank!

I slotted 2 hyper drivers into a Kate PPVP, was pretty pleased with myself when I got it early. Then @erinrickabitch pointed out I was essentially using it as a Diesel, which is pretty true.

I also played 2 Toolbox and 2 Modded, and I liked it, hehe

1 Like

3 - Leps, 3 - Test Run, 3 - Clone Chips, 3 Hyperdrive in a CT Stimshop deck. You could potentially have 7 clicks nearly every turn. Might as well throw in a levy to keep up the momentum.

Might also be insane in an Au Revoir/Snitch deck.

1 Like

Obviously needs Leprechaun as enabler. Since you’re running that, might as well choose payload from amongs the things that benefit from Leprechaun: Keyhole, Medium, Nerve Agent, Magnum Opus.

My conclusion, as with many things lately, seems to be “Professor” - for him, it’s usually a card that says +5 credits (which he sorely needs), while occasionally being an enabler for some insane play like “Get a Keyhole, make four Keyhole runs, Medium dig for 5, visit Archives for the Keyholed cards”. Sounds insanely complicated, but I’ve done the 4-click version before already, and it was awesome already. Only gets better with +3 clicks.

3 Likes

You can, however, use Clone Chip or SMC to install a Hyperdriver at the end of the corp’s turn.

you may remove Hyperdriver from the game

Anyways, I think if you make a Daemon tree with leprechauns and hyperdriver, the real question is what can you do with a 13 click turn? :slight_smile:

Bummer. ;(

1 Like

You weren’t the only one. :frowning:

Answer:

Break a lot of Bioroids. Boom, done.

3 Likes

It might be the reasoning for being wanton destruction into shaper

Nah, just bring hyperdriver into Anarch. Of course, you’ll need to pack MemStrips on top of your Grimoires, but I hear it’s a good card anyway.

2 Likes

Nono, 2 Keyhole, Medium for 3, Keyhole, Medium for 5 new cards. 8 accesses, or 10 if you started the turn with just 1 token on Medium.

2 Likes

How about a psycho-Noise turn?

Install all the “hand size” cards. Start with three each of Mass Install and Deja Vu in hand and six cheap viruses, and a Hades Shard and a couple of Same Old Thing cards installed.

Use a couple of Hyperdrivers on a Leprechaun, to start with 10 clicks.

1. Mass install some one-cost viruses (at least two Cache makes the whole thing credit-neutral);
  2. Deja vu;
  3. Mass install again;
  4. Deja vu;
  5. Mass install again;
  6. Deja vu;

7/8. SoT Mass install;
9/10. SoT Deja vu;

Now pop ‘Hades Shard’ for twelve new accesses.

No possible downside, apart from the fact the Corp won twenty-seven turns ago (well, actually with a great draw order you could probably set it up in eight or nine turns).

1 Like