Here’s the rundown. I’m scheduled to commentate the invitational next weekend, but I also really want to play myself. So @mediohxcore suggested a plan: I could play some really janky decks in the Swiss rounds, miss the cut, and then switch over to commentating the double elimination rounds. Hopefully, this should also help me get some different insights into the tournament from the other commentators!
Since I’ll be treating this as a relatively low-stakes affair, that’s where you all come in. Post your most interesting, fun, promising, experimental, or unorthodox decklists in this thread. In a week’s time, I’ll pick my favorite corp and runner decks to bring to the invitational, in one of the toughest playing fields ever assembled. If time permits, I’ll talk briefly about the decks I chose and my performance on stream at the end of the day. After the tournament, I’ll write up a tournament report, give my thoughts on the decks, and discuss any changes that I would make with them going forward.
Some ground rules:
- Maximum 4 decklist submissions per person.
- Please paste your decks here in an easily-readable format. Include a short description of what your deck is doing and how it works.
- (This is probably very obvious, but don’t post any decks that you don’t want me to play.)
- I reserve the right to make minor alterations to your list to better fit my playstyle.
- The Valley should be legal for the tournament, although I may have to improvise if it doesn’t end up being rezzed on OCTGN in time.
Sound good? Then I’m looking forward to seeing what y’all come up with!