If Stimhack were to ask for donations

Great ideas!

Make sure however that if you want to provide alt arts, playmats or other physical swag, that you’re absolutely clear on how shipping will be handled. Especially shipping to places outside the US.

1 Like

I might make it more of subscription thing, i.e., send out newly made things every month to everyone who is subbed at a certain level. I wanted to keep the new IDs in playsets but I can deal.

The nice thing about card-sized promos is that they’re actually very cheap to ship in regular envelopes from USA to europe, (under $2). As far as other gear is concerned, I think I will keep it in the form of coupons for the store, as long as the store allows us to do that sort of thing, so shipping for larger packages is still on the buyer.

2 Likes

I was thinking more about alt-art IDs. However, I think, that if a person is using non-ID unofficial alt arts, he should take the initiative and ask before the game if his opponent is fine with him using alt arts and also show him the cards. Yes, that means that the opponent gains some information, however, that’s something you should consider if you want to use alt-arts - something that’s not a necessity at all.

I’d say that I’d rather get custom tokens for donating (especially click tokens, they’re something rare) than alt-art non-ID cards.

Can confirm, shipping singles, even double sleeved, costed an equivalent of 2 post stamps(we have special international post stamps here, around 1 USD each) in a bubble envelope.

As long as the estimated value of the product is below 24 EUR(I believe,), you are free to ship it without any issue, at least in and from the schengen countries

For reference, here’s a sample of what it may look like. Think more performance artsy, IRL.

17 Likes

I don’t see any difference? Isn’t this supposed to be alt-art?

2 Likes

I think indiegogo.com is quite good for one-offs. Patreon is more of a sub-model. Both are fine, but they fill different needs.