Imaginary Cards

Ha, I didn’t even think of multiples. Honestly it should have a click to activate too, I’m just feeling Sifr-salty.

1 Like

ToS Breach
4/2 Weyland Agenda

Whenever a rezzed piece of ICE is trashed by a Runner’s card effect, the Runner loses 1c for every subroutine on the ICE, and 2c for every advancement counter on the ICE.
By agreeing to access this server, you agree that in the case of massive server failure caused by the user, you forfeit all the rights to your credits…

Insurance Fraud
3/1 Weyland Agenda

Whenever a rezzed asset or upgrade is trashed by the Runner, gain credits equal to half of the trash cost (rounded up).

1 Like

GraveYard
Weyland ICE-Code Gate-AP
Rez: 2
Strength: 5

-> Do 1 net damage
-> The runner encounters a piece of ICE in archives

What’s that chill?

3 Likes

Absolutely NASTY.
I’ll take three.

1 Like

A bit too strong as it is.

May I suggest:

-> Trash GraveYard and install and rez a piece of ICE from Archives in GraveYards position, paying half the install and rez costs (rounded down). The Runner is now encountering that ICE.

Make (some) Ice Great Again.

Agile Development
Weyland Operation • Cost: 1 • Influence: 2

Install Agile Development on a piece of ice as a hosted condition counter with the text:

The host ice cannot be trashed. If there are fewer than 3 advancement counters on host ice when your turn begins, place an advancement counter on host ice and gain credit.

Extreme Programming
Jinteki Operation • Cost: 1 • Influence: 2

Install Extreme Programming on a piece of ice as a hosted condition counter with the text:

The host ice loses all subtypes and cannot be derezzed. When the runner encounters host ice, the corporation chooses one of Barrier, Sentry, or Code Gate for the host ice to gain until the end of the encounter.

Feature Driven Design
HB Operation • Cost: 2 • Influence: 2

Install Feature Driven Design on a piece of ice as a hosted condition counter with the text:

The host ice cannot have its strength lowered. When the runner encounters the host ice, choose one of the following to occur:

• The runner must pay 1 credit or take 1 brain damage.
  • The runner must pay 2 credits or a lose a click.
  • The runner must pay 3 credits or take a tag.

Rapid Methodology
NBN Operation • Cost: 2 • Influence: 2

You may install a piece of ice from HQ. Install Rapid Methodology on a piece of ice as a hosted condition counter with the text:

The host ice cannot be bypassed. Host ice gains the subroutine “Trace 2: End the Run” after all other subroutines.

3 Likes

Mirage - 0
HB Ice - Code Gate - •
-> End the run. Trash Mirage.
Str: 5
Look again.

What about having a “The corp must pay 2c or trash Mirage” instead?

It’s meant to be a one-time click-drainer, a la Ash, ELP, etc. Plus I think a big piece of ice that you’re allowed to essentially pay for over time (like TMI except not terrible) would need to be carefully balanced, unlike this lark.

But, in this case, it won’t stay rezzed, the corp would have to pay each time that the ICE ends the run or trash it, unlike TMI which stays rezzed after the trace.

May I suggest changing from Code Gate to “Trap”, a la Data Mine. Enforces the theme you were going for.

1 Like

I think that could be valid if you cut the strength to 0. Though even then I’m a bit scared of an ETR ice that requires an AI breaker; it starts to feel like punishing Criminals more than the other two. A really big code gate gives the Runner a choice, albeit an equally-punishing one.[quote=“yluras, post:2012, topic:1756, full:true”]
But, in this case, it won’t stay rezzed, the corp would have to pay each time that the ICE ends the run or trash it, unlike TMI which stays rezzed after the trace.
[/quote]Right, I get that. All I’m saying is you’d have to tweak the numbers, and I’m unsure what those numbers would be. And that’s kind of a different concept entirely - a “permanent” ice you pay for over time, rather than a one-shot click-tax.

1 Like

I’d almost argue that instead of making it a “trap” subtype, it’s subs are just not allowed to be broken via a when-rezzed effect. (Of course, it would either have to trash itself or be 0 str with normal subtypes to balance it.) The only way around it first time would be bypass, rewarding criminals.

Neutral runner card.

3 cost hardware 1 influence
Take 2 Brain Damage: Make a run on a server.

Use this ability only when the Corp has no clicks left to spend.

1 Like

Love the flavour as a hail-mary last turn glory run! Nice interactions with Bagbiter/Obelus and other hand-increase shenanigans.

Would people play a corp current that prevented runners from playing a current until an agenda is scored or stolen?

Like a current that broke the usual current rules.

There’s a card in the original game called “Puzzle Box” with this concept. It’s identical except it has a higher rez cost (2) and two subroutines.

Here’s an odd ID I’m really not sure of the power level of. It could really be way too strong or not that oppressive.

Shimon Bio-metrics: Know Yourself
Jinteki ID - 45/17

The runner cannot initiate a run if they have more cards in their grip than their maximum hand size.

Interesting interactions with Pālanā Agroplex, hand size reduction like The Chairman, and traps. (Oh and I guess An Offer You Can’t Refuse ?)

Maybe it works better as a current?

Any effect that outright prevents the runner from running and can be turned on by means outside the runner’s control seems toxic, even if the means of turning it on are a bit limited. The ability to run is sort of a core mechanic for the side called the Runner in a game called Netrunner.

As for sticking it on a current, remember that you’re turning off their ability to run, thus removing their primary means of turning off the current (running and finding agendas).

Now, a restriction on where or how you run (see RP), or an additional cost to initiate a run (see ELP), that might make a little more sense.

This is definitely valid. Trying to design in Jinteki’s weird space of situational effects is tricky. I was thinking the amount of corp initiated runner draw was limited enough that it would just force harder decisions on when to draw cards and how to approach remotes.

Making the effect only active on remotes seems too similar to RP but I guess that’s rotating? Maybe it just needs scrapped… IDK.