Imaginary Cards

Oh. So it might as well just be that the Runner pays 2cr to force the Corp to draw 2 cards. Not sure that’s great…see Syn Attack. I think I like it better the other way where the Corp can pay to prevent the runner from gaining credits.

Also I like the Task Manager and Minefield ICE where the subs are likely to fire and the true cost of running them is based on other strategic elements of the game.

1 Like

Some weird ICE ideas I’ve been thinking about. Interested to hear y’alls’ ideas for better balancing.

Status Wall
Neutral - ICE
Barrier - Tracer
Rez 1 - Str 3 - Inf 0

↳ Trace 1 - If successful, prevent the next subroutine that would resolve this run from resolving.
↳ End the run.

“Those ones get a pass. They’re harmless.”

[This next one was based on an idea I got related to a funny Syntax card called 24/7 Pasta which was supposed to pair well with Aryabhata sauce.]

Voluntary Phishing
NBN - ICE
Sentry - Tracer
Rez 0 - Str 4 - Inf 3

Place 2 credits on Voluntary Phishing whenever a trace initiates from it. Credits on Voluntary Phishing may be spent during trace attempts.

↳ Trace 1 - If successful, the Runner may gain 1 credit and draw 1 card.
↳ Trace 2 - If successful, the Runner may remove 1 tag.

“They know how we use their data. But they keep coming anyway.”

Hole-In-Wall Game
Jinteki - ICE
Sentry - AP
Rez 1 - Str 2 - Inf 3

↳ Give the Runner 1 net damage for each card in the grip beyond the maximum hand size.
↳ Give the Runner 1 net damage for each unspent click.
↳ Give the Runner 1 net damage for every 5 credits in the Runner’s credit pool beyond 10 credits.

“And those who cannot make the fit will not advance to the next round.”

Tailchaser
Weyland - ICE
Sentry - AP - Tracer
Rez 4 - Str 4 - Inf 4

When the Runner encounters Tailchaser do 1 meat damage if ze is tagged.

↳ Give the Runner 1 tag if ze has none.
↳ The Corp may rez another installed Tailchaser ignoring all costs.
↳ Trace 4 - If successful, the Runner must choose to encounter another rezzed Tailchaser, if able. The run continues from this new position.
↳ Derez Tailchaser.

“A new paradigm in meatworld autonomy.”

Maker Seeker
Haas-Bioroid - ICE
Bioroid
Cost 1 - Str 0 - Inf 1

The Runner may spend two clicks to break all subroutines on Maker Seeker.

↳ The Corp May look at the top 3 cards of R&D and reveal 1 Bioroid ICE if able. The runner must encounter the revealed ICE before continuing the run. After the encounter, trash the revealed ICE if the Runner broke at least one subroutine on it. Otherwise add it to HQ.

“Are you my mother?”

1 Like

Pack #4 of The Mojave Cycle: Nightfall

2 Likes

Nouveau Paris Grid - 0
NBN Upgrade - Region - •
Remove three tags: End a run on this server.
Limit 1 region per server.
Trash: 4
Fame and fortune are easy to come by in Nouveau Paris - but you can’t have the latter without the former.

1 Like

Mojave Cycle Pack #5: All In

And Pack #6: The House Always Wins

1 Like

After the announcement that ANR is dead, I was in a really strange position. I knew that it was coming some time in the future but still, I felt a bit at a loss. However, instead of feeling pity and grief, my mind started thinking about cards and mechanisms that were never used or fully developed in the game.

So, after thinking some cards during a road trip for work, I talked to my gaming group and told them that I want to make a fan made expansion, just to keep us discussing about cards and potential combos, like we did all these years. They jumped in and after about 3 weeks of work and theory crafting, here is a fan made cycle in the size of about a Big Box Expansion.

Main ideas were link and MU but a lot of the ideas did not seem to work so were abandoned during the design process.

Still, the resource type “Booster” seems to be nice. It is a resource that gives a nice boost but leaves play once an agenda is accessed. i.e. it gives you a “boost” until your next agenda.

We tested some criminal and shaper cards and adjusted accordingly. We will try to continue testing. Feel free to comment or just skim through.

Thnx

The Balkan Cycle Google Docs

P.s. most of the names and the fluff are not fully realised. Want to check that the cards are actually working and then proceed with fluff. Influence is also mostly arbitrary.

2 Likes

Ca$hugo. <== That is one card name you need to keep.

1 Like

Denise Nisei
Jinteki - Upgrade - PSI
Rez 1 - Trash 3 - Inf 4

When you rez Denise Nisei place 3 power counters on Denise Nisei. After the runner has passed all ice on this server, each player secretly spends 0, 1, or 2 credits. If the corp and runner spent a different amount of credits remove one power counter and the runner is now approaching the outermost piece of ice on this server. If Denise Nisei has 0 power counters, trash Denise Nisei.

1 Like

Keter Installation
Weyland Upgrade: Ambush-Region
Rez: 3
Trash: 3
When the runner accesses Keter Installation while it is installed, you may pay 3 credits to host it on an installed runner resource. It gains “When the runner’s turn begins, do 2 meat damage.” And Click, take 1 tag: Trash host card.
Limit 1 region per server.
Prepare for boarding.

The Company
Weyland ID: Megacorp
45/12
Click: Do 2 meat damage. The runner draws 1 card. Use this ability only once per turn.
Welcome to our new world

Instead of Nouveau Paris (which lacks style in french), call this PaRouen city grid or something, like the classic SanSan is. In most cyberpunk settings, conurbs get from Paris to Rouen around the Seine (irl, stage 1 of this is called Grand Paris).

This one is better than Caprice in any Jinteki deck, considering you can’t unjack, esp against punishing ice or against Komainu. Should be priced higher than her.

netrunner-depth_first_search

6 Likes

Approaches happen at step 2 during a run and the runner can choose to jack out at step 2.2 since this isn’t the first piece of ice being encounter during this run right?

Underworld Cycle Pack #1: Starlight, Starbright

1 Like

Some quick comments after skim reading.

. Sleeping giant seems to powerful in a shaper deck with 3x smc. Hope we see more ai hate in the set.
. Hoplite and the new Weyland id seem to weak to me, especially the id since you rez things with small cost. Make it maybe a reduction in cost?
. Kolonaki is more like a posh area with only law firms and cafeterias there. Not an area to invest in imho.

What is below the mountain… Hope we find out before pack 6!

Maybe you misread the ID, since it DOES give a reduction in cost, equal to the advancement requirement of the agenda.

Hoplite is also one of the only Sentries that can end the run, and with all 3 rezzed it becomes a 4 strength sentry, a sweet spot against things like Nano and MK.

I indeed misread the id, sorry about that. Reduction in cost with added inf seems right now, maybe still in the weak side but this will only show with playtesting.

Hellas Cycle Pack #2: Clash of Titans

Hellas Cycle Pack #3: Fire In the Sky

Hellas Cycle Pack #4: Santorini Shuffle

1 Like

Some cards I like, some I don’t. Giving out cards in batch like that doesn’t really help the critics. It doesn’t help you to be read too (“hello, what about 60 news things ?”)

1 Like

Hellas Cycle Pack #5: Motherlode

1 Like