Imaginary Cards

Honestly would be better as a event. Gifts Ungiven is cool, but is still dangerous.

You’re probably right about it being better as an event, but I don’t think Gifts Ungiven would be anywhere near as powerful in Netrunner, just because there is less redundancy in the card pool. It’s a lot harder to get a 4 stack that accomplishes the same thing for you regardless of what the other player chooses. So in that regard, I think it would be a fine card for Netrunner to adopt.

Here’s another one:

Making News v2.0
45/15

Whenever a trace is initiated, the runner spends credits to boost link strength before you spend credits to boost the trace strength. Your cards cannot deal damage.

Takes away any kind of tag-based flatline in return for making landing tags and traces significantly easier.

1 Like

Now that’s cool.

Shell
Anarch — Inf 2
Program: Daemon — Icebreaker
Cost: 0
1MU
Str: X

Shell may host 1 non-AI icebreaker.
X is the current strength of hosted icebreaker.

0 cr: Break barrier subroutine if the hosted icebreaker is a Fracter
0 cr: Break code gate subroutine if the hosted icebreaker is a Decoder
0 cr: Break sentry subroutine if the hosted icebreaker is a Killer

Anarch event runs.
2 inf :

• 2c event run: make a run on archives. If successfull, instead of acceding cards, trash top card from R&D and a card from HQ then access all cards from archives (aka Anarch Legwork / Maker’s Eyes).

3 inf :

• 0c event run: make a run on archives. If successfull, instead of acceding cards, draw 2 cards and gain clic clic.
  • 2c event run: make a run on archives. If successfull, instead of acceding cards, access to a remote server.

Thinking of ways to make stuff like paintbrush and opus better. Not sure on the numbers for this though - is two clicks too much or too few given the drawback?

Scripting
●○○○○ (Shaper) 1c
Event - Current
This card is not trashed until another current is played or an agenda is scored.
When you play Scripting choose an installed program. Trash this program when scripting is trashed.
You have two additional [click]'s to spend each turn. These clicks may only be used to activate abilities of the chosen program.

Seems cool - is the HQ trash supposed to be at random? Might be a bit strong.

I love this. If archives is open, I get an Oracle May click + run triggers.

Way, way to powerful. This basically fucks glacier super hard.

2 things- #1, one click is probably fine. a current that drips 4 creds/turn would be pretty ridiculous. even just the one click might be OP… #2, not sure this would make paintbrush playable. the issue is that it only works on rezzed ice. tinkering takes a click to play, and it’s fantastic.

to quote @crossbrainedfool from above, Kill It With Fire. turning any breaker into a boostable yog would probably be the death knell of netrunner as we know it. 0 to break on even a single fixed-strength breaker is such a game warping effect that entire packs of cards have been built to support and defend against it.

I like this one but it feels off theme-wise. Currents should be temporary situations or events that don’t persist. There a a few flavor fails on this (ELP, Predictive Algorithms) but generally currents follow this pattern. Manhunts only last so long, Net Celberity status is fleeting, and so on. How about a program instead of a current?

From a game play perspective, having 2 clicks might make it too good with keyhole (6 keyhole runs per turn!) and balancing it with that in mind may be difficult so I nerfed it down to 1 click.

Automated Script
Cost 1
Shaper Influence 1
1 MU
You may host another program on Automated Script. The first time each turn you spend a click using the installed program, gain a click.

All of this is made on purpose so corp shut off archive at least, and Anarch being able to archive lock the corp.

You missed a clic on event #2. This wins you a clic and 1 card total, refund the run clic and replace the run card by another if successfull.

Hb card, 2inf 0rez, 7 trash asset
Gain 3 credits when you rez card I’m not clever enough to name
After the runner accesses awesome card idea, end the run.

Run Event, some balanced cost(2-3 would probably be too low) -

• Make a run, corporation may only spend credits to rez cards during this run. Corporation may not spend credits elsewhere.

HB asset. Ambush 0 rez, 2 inf, 0 trash

When the runner accesses — you may pay 3 credits to choose an icebreaker, install — on that icebreaker as a hosted condition counter with the text “host icebreaker gets -1 strength”

Weyland ID

40/17

Each player must score/steal 2 additional agenda points to win the game. As an additional cost to steal public agendas the runner must pay 2 credits.

Jinteki 3/2 agenda

Limit 1 per deck

When you score “agenda something you know whatever” search your r&d or archives for an upgrade and install and rez it ignoring all costs.

NBN asset. Ambush 0 rez, 2 trash, 2 inf

When the runner accesses “cleverness” install it on a piece of ice protecting the attacked server as a hosted condition counter with the text “host ice cannot be derezzed, or have it’s strength lowered”

Criminal event

Super special order

3 cost 2 inf or 2 cost 3 inf (can’t decide, haven’t done the math)

Search your stack for any number of hardware. Install any number of them, increasing the cost of each by 1 for each card you install. Add the rest to your grip

Anarch event
4 cost 1 inf

Make a run. If successful, instead of accessing cards, you may search your attack for a resource for x resources and install them, reducing the cost of each by x. X is equal to the number of ice protecting the attacked server.

Shaper resource. Genetics

3 cost, 1 inf

The first time you make a successful run each turn put a power counter on —.

3 power counters, psi game. If runner is successful access a card with up to 2 advancement tokens in a server. The Corp may trash a piece of ice protecting the server, or pay 5 to prevent this.

And finally

Neutral event.

0 cost. 0 inf.

Trash a card to gain 2 credits and draw a card. If you trashed a resource, piece of hardware or event with this ability, gain an additional credit or draw an additional card. Gain click.

I think these cards shore up weaknesses in many different cards/deck building choices, and allow for new viable strategies. Man, I would really like to design cards for real haha.

Other than the 1 inf cards, I think they’re all pretty solid. I am finally done editing this post.

Could be interesting if it just had a couple of recurring credits instead. I mean, Omni-Drive didn’t break the game. Give it wording like “Shell may host a single icebreaker. When you install shell, you may uninstall an installed icebreaker and install it hosted on Shell, ignoring all costs.”

Increaing the MU cost of a breaker by 1 for 1-2 recurring credits to power it seems OK, especially if it doesn’t have order-of-install issues.

Omni drive didn’t do anything for the game I don’t think, but if that fixed breaker idea was implemented, it would probably not be broken if it trashed the icebreaker after use, or even removed it from the game.

yeah, I think I agree with @cmcadvanced that a slightly worse but tutorable omni-drive wouldn’t add much to the game.

this idea is more in the right direction, though it seems like it’d be hard to make this do much…

Immovable Object 1 Cost Weyland Operation.

Host on a piece of ice. Hosted Ice may not be derezzed or have its strength reduced…

SCREW YOU EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN/CRESECNTUS/DATASUCKER

1 Like

Well, if you could make a boostable mimic that acted like a yog for one run only or something, or maybe till the end of turn. If is end of run, trash it, end of turn, exile it. Makes those glory runs a little more attainable, at greater cost. The key is would people be willing to pay with their programs for cheap access?

@cmcadvanced Hey, I’ve got an idea, what if we name that card Cuj0 ?

1 Like