Imaginary Cards

yes, definitely. If it worked this way your region would be very vulnerable since it would only be as strong as your weakest server. The bounce would make it not worth playing.

Honestly to me the main appeal would be getting a cool effect but requiring them to break into fortress HQ to pry it out, so making it accessible from other serves might kinda defeat the purpose.

Thematically I like the idea of a weyland that has region-related superpowers, they are the real-estate corp afaik.

So musing on the Mercury Logistics idea I came up with these alternatives that are hopefully more focused and less of a rules issue. Rather than making virtual regions it copy-pastes abilities onto existing regions giving the runner more opportunity to interact.

A
1[credit]; Reveal a region from HQ, a rezzed region gains the text of the revealed region in addition to its existing text until end of turn. Use this ability only once each turn.

B
At the beginning of each turn you may reveal a region from HQ, a rezzed region gains the text of the revealed region in addition to its existing text until end of turn.

C
0[credit]; A region in a non-HQ server gains the text of the region installed in the root of HQ in addition to its existing text until end of turn. Use this ability only once each turn.

D
At the beginning of each turn you may have a region in a non-HQ server gain the text of the region installed in the root of HQ in addition to its existing text until end of turn.

Making your Satellite Grid a SanSan on your turn and a Midway Station Grid on your opponents might make A & B overpowered, though that is 7 influence and holding two cards in HQ might be a big enough draw-back? Especially since the runner can snipe them out of HQ?

Mostly just cool ideas. Not sure about their balance.The idea is someone from the old world being targeted and deposed by one of the Corps, like Weyland or something. His story is about taking revenge against them and rebuilding himself.

Criminal ID - Vander Alden, Deposed Nobility
45/10 - Link 1.
ID Ability - "All ice is encountered with it’s strength lowered by 1."
Aut vincere aut mori.

Hardware - Console: Vanguard.
+1 MU, +1 Link. 5 Credits to install
Increase hand size by 1. - The first time you break all subroutines on a piece of Ice, during a run, draw 1 card.

Program - Icebreaker - Fracter: Caledfwlch
3 credits to install. Pay X credits when Caledfwlch is installed to place power counters. 1 Strength
1 credit: break barrier subroutine
1 power counter: +3 strength
The final weapon is the brain, all else is supplemental.
[Depicts a sword with a glowing golden blade piercing the surface of a barrier a la sword in the stone.]

It’s going to take 2 power counters to break a wraparound with that decoder of yours. Great idea though, crims need a better fracter.

Sarcasm outdated

Haha, I’m so scrub. I meant fracter. I’ll change it. Good catch.

This is a very Anarch ability. Why would it be on a criminal?

Like the flavor here, though. Although how many European nobility are left to be deposed?

1 Like

Yeah, that was the idea. The very literal destruction of old money by new money like what the corps represent. Thematically anyway, I wanted his power to reflect this demoralizing presence, externalizing his domineering authority into an ability. It is very anarch though, I agree.

Yeah, that makes sense as a theme.

My remake- “If you break a subroutine with a icebreaker that has higher strength than the ice, you may break another subroutine on that ice.”

This is a) an established criminal thing and b) still plays nicely with weird pump cost crim breakers.

2 Likes

I like that, it keeps with the theme. Nicely done.

1 Like

As written, this is once per run. Seems strong. On theme though.

I like this. Inverted Cerberus - Very Crim. Great take on a weak type breaker.

I’d actually prefer this with Cerberus style fixed counters. A limited use trick breaker.

The way it’s written, you’d just pay whatever the cost, and then you’d break the rest of the ice for free. Maybe with ice breakers that have lower strength than the printed cost of the ice? Or how about something that lets you break another subroutine for free or lets you increase an ice breaker’s strength when you pay more than 1 credit to break a subroutine. Yes, lets make aurora playable

1 Like

Note - with an icebreaker. Unlike e3, it only triggers with icebreakers, and doesn’t trigger itself.

Ok, I missed that. Good show!

1 Like

For the ID, it’d be an interesting style of play. And seriously harm ice with low strength but lots of subs. Say like a Komainu. And saves you money on clearing taxing things like Pup.

I think the 10 influence is important to making it possible. This ability is potentially bonkers,

My first thought was ‘could this finally be the card that makes Leviathan good?!’ But then I looked it up and remembered that it breaks 3 subs at a time, so you need a 4-7 str code gate with 4+ subs to get anything like efficiency out of it even with that ID ability. There are no ice in the game that meet this condition :frowning:

How about;

Pilot-Program-Fae-1C
0 MU
Host this on an installed program. The cost of using paid abilities on the program hosting this is reduced by 1 down to a minimum of 1.
Anarch-1 inf

I’ve had the idea for a while, but still aren’t sure of the best faction. It’s insane in criminal, fits in anarch, but seems slightly shaper on flavour.

See also:

*Talisman-Program-1C
1 MU
Only install hosted on a demon. The strength of all icebreakers hosted on the same demon is increased by 2.
Anarch-2 inf

This one definitely anarch, the star is meant to denote it being unique.

Unfortunately right now the only daemon that can host icebreakers is Leprechaun. Cool idea if very narrow.

1 Like

Scheherazade says hi.