Imaginary Cards

lol yeah that’s a lot better, maybe even too good if high risk :slight_smile:

It’s only medium risk when you have a strength 5 mimic.

Its a huge risk if they have Power Shutdown

Here’s a rather simple card that hasn’t been made yet. It’s a tag punishment card that cares about the number of tags a runner has and supports taxing NBN play which has always been inferior to fast advance.

Traffic Shaping
NBN
Operation: Current
Cost: 2
Influence: 2

This card is not trashed until another current is played or an agenda is stolen.

As an additional cost to make the first run not made through a card ability on his or her turn, the Runner must spend $X where $X is the number of tags the runner has.

The first time you rez a sentry a turn, it gains trash one hardware.
Agenda
…I don’t know, 3/1 neutral?

It would be way too strong out of Blue Sun.
Rezzing Caduceus again and again :<

1 Like

it’s just str 3 3 subs, that’s nothing for switchblade or mimic

Blue sun would love it though.

I just got demolished by Nasir because of his immunity brought on by hardware.

I don’t think it would be too strong at all anymore

Saguaro
Jinteki - Ice - Sentry - AP
Rez 4 - Str 3 - influence 3

Saguaro gains " -> Do 1 net damage." for each hosted power counter.

When the Runner passes Saguaro place 1 power counter on Saguaro if the Runner broke all subroutines on Saguaro.

->Do 1 net damage.

Really dislike this. The reason ELP works is because everyone has clicks, no matter the game state. This just locks a runner out.

1 Like

Countpoint: The runner can always clear tags at the rate of 1.33 per turn regardless of the game state.

Honestly, I think the tag mechanic should have been something closer to bad publicity is. As it is, tags are too binary. Having 1 tag is just as bad as having 10 in a majority of situations and their importance varies from game ending (SEA Source + Double Scorch) to meaningless (runner going tag me with no resources against a corp with no tag punishment) depending on the deck.

1 Like

Agreed on this point. Right now the breakpoints are 1, 2, and three scalars (Psychographics, Shoot the Moon, Information Overload).

It’s not that it’s overpowered - it’s that it makes for a stalled game.

If I was going to tweak it - how about make it effect runs made with card abilities, rather than the ones that aren’t?

Hmm, I hear you about wanting to avoid stalled and boring games. How about an effect that benefits the corp rather than hurting the runner? Gain $X on the first run where X is the number of tags or something like that.

The downside is that a taxing deck needs to be able to lock the runner out by credit denial and gaining money doesn’t mean anything if the runner is still rich enough to run your servers. A rich runner and a rich corp is a losing position for the corp which is why Targeted Marketing isn’t in every corp deck despite being a 10 credit swing.

Recognition Software
NBN Upgrade

During a run on this server, the first piece of rezzed ice protecting this server has its strength increased by X where X is the number of tags the runner currently has.

A high influence and rez cost and a low trash cost.

EDIT: Made it rezzed ice.

The ice becomes rezzed when you encounter it, you mean this to be an obvious deterrent, right?

Colin “Norquest” Gwozdek
Thrill Seeker
Anarch ID - 45/15
0 link
When you take a tag, gain 1 credit.
“Of course I record all my runs and post them online. Wait, you don’t?”

Livestream
Anarch
Event - Run
0 Credits
2 influence

Take up to 3 tags, then make a run on an iced server. If successful, gain 4 credits for each tag taken.
(Art - Norquest in haptic feedback gear holding a cat in one arm. Besides him we can see a second monitor showing a chat filled with emote spam)
“I can’t tell if the cat is for entertainment of the viewers, a self-imposed handicap, or both.” - Chaos Theory

Refuge in Audacity
Anach
Event - Current
3 Credits
3 influence

This card is not trashed until another current is played or an agenda is scored.

If you have more tags than the corp has credits, you cannot take damage.

“So I turned myself in to the Harmony Neurology ward, citing feedback from running their servers…”

2 Likes

just love it! the theme is delicious. especially the id. this guy runs spinal modem right?

I would love to see a runner gain consistency at the expense of predictability. Something like:

Standard runner boilerplate

After IDs are revealed but before the first turn, search your stack for up to one each of program, hardware, event, and resource, and place them face up under this card.
Click, discard a card: Put a card underneath this ID into your hand. Use this ability only once per turn.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

No seriously, not a good idea. This lets you always start with a Siphon and Desperado close at hand, or get ProCo going right away. Or all three, plus a program for extra insanity. Also makes Scorch decks sad, because this guy always has his Plascrete.

Anything that leads to repetitive games is very, very bad. As something a player would want, this makes sense. As a designer, this is juggling nitroglycerin levels of dangerous.

If you want deck/card consistency in ID form you should be angling for worse than Andromeda. This is way, way better than that. As in, I’m not sure if I’m okay with you doing this for one card, let alone 4.

Timing question - do you mean before or after opening hands are drawn/mulligans taken?

3 Likes

Hmm…good point, might be a little over the top. What about:

Andromeda v2.0

Before players draw their opening hand, search your stack for 4 cards with different titles and remove them from the game, then shuffle your deck. After mulligans (but before the first turn), the corporation chooses up to two cards removed from the game by this ability. Add all cards not chosen by the corporation to your grip.

Honestly would be better as a event. Gifts Ungiven is cool, but is still dangerous.