Imaginary Cards

Netrunner is a pretty short game, so being able to click for 11 credits is pretty strong regardless of the drawback. Stimhack at least has a restriction to its credit usage, and it’s not neutral. Chiba would have to be unique, and probably should be a criminal card.

Pretty much this. It’s either busted or useless. It’s sorta like Storm from Magic.

If this was a thing, robot attack dog squads from HB would be a useful card. still have to beat the trace but it could wipe the money they just gained.

I would love to see Loan from Chiba and ACME Savings and Loan making a comeback.

Thanks, SneakySly! Here’s the Corp variant, based on various mythos.

– Troops, move out!

Yggdrasil - Tree of Beginnings
45 / 9 - Division
Instead of drawing a starting hand, select 3 cards from R&D to be your starting hand before taking your first turn. Shuffle R&D.

Niflheim Report AC: 4
Agenda - Research
As an additional cost to steal Niflheim, the runner must pay .

<> Freya 1.0 18
Ice - Mythic - Bioroid
The rez cost of Freya is lowered by 1 for each rezzed bioroid. The Runner may spend to break any subroutine on Freya 1.0.
The runner trashes an installed card.
Do 1 brain damage.
The runner cannot access more than 0 cards for the rest of the run.
End the run.
Strength 6

The Gallows 0
Asset - Ambush
The Gallows can be advanced.
If you pay 3 when the Runner accesses The Gallows, the runner trashes 1 installed card for each advancement token on The Gallows.

Ragnarok 1
Operation - Black Ops - Double
As an additional cost to play Ragnarok, spend and forfeit an agenda.
Trash any number of your installed cards. The runner trashes that many of their installed cards.

Valhalla Grid 2
Upgrade - Region
Whenever the runner breaks all subroutines on a piece of ice protecting this server you may trash that ice and put 1 power counter on Valhalla Grid. As an additional cost to access a card during a run on this server the runner must pay or 3 for each power counter on Valhalla Grid.
Limit 1 region per server.

Yomi - Shadow of the Mind
45 / 15 - Division
The first time a successful run ends each turn do 1 net damage. You cannot score agendas on the turn you install them.

Kojiki Report AC: 3
Agenda - Research
When you score Kojiki Report, do 1 net damage for each advancement counter on it over 3.

<> Tsukuyomi-no-mikoto 4
Ice - Mythic - AP
When you rez Tsukuyomi-no-mikoto, put 1 power counter on it. When the runner encounters Tsukuyomi-no-mikoto, it gains " Do 1 net damage." for each power counter on it. Derez Tsukuyomi-no-mikoto if all of its subroutines are broken during a single encounter.
Strength 4

Magatama 0
Asset
When your turn begins, both players gain 1.

Grass Cutter 2
Operation
If the runner did not make a successful run last turn, install a card and put two advancement counters on it.

Joseki Defense 3
Upgrade - Sysop
Install only in a remote server farthest from central servers. Trash Joseki Defense if it is not in the farthest remote server from central servers.
Whenever the runner makes a successful run on this server, trash Joseki Defense and end the run.

Harbinger - Galactic Megastation
60 / 18
When your turn begins, instead of drawing a card, you may look at the top three cards of R&D and install one of those cards (paying all costs).

Cartography AC: 3
Agenda - Research
When you score Cartography, put 1 agenda counter on it for each advancement counter on it.
Hosted agenda counter: Draw 1 card.

Plutonium Source 0
Ice - Code Gate
Draw 1 card.
Both players draw 1 card.
Strength 4

Flak Filter 1
Asset
Each time all subroutines on a single piece of ice are broken during a single run put an advancement token on Debris Filter.
, X: Move X advancement counters from Debris Filter to a card that can be advanced.

Meteorite Analysis 3
Operation - Transaction
As an additional cost to play Meteorite Analysis, spend .
Gain 9.

Particle Field 0
Upgrade - Ambush
When the Runner accesses Particle Field from R&D, he / she must reveal it. When the Runner accesses Particle Field, pay X. Look at the top X cards of the Runner’s stack and trash 1 of those cards.

Hecatonchires - The Triumvirate
40 / 18 - Division
You can only perform each basic action once per turn.

Disaster Array AC: 4
Agenda - Research
When your turn begins, do 1 net or meat damage.

<> Centimanes 6
Ice - Sentry - Tracer - AP - Destroyer
When the Runner encounters Centimanes, trace^3. If successful, put X power counters on Centimanes, where X is the number by which your trace strength exceeded the Runner’s.
X is equal to the number of power counters on Centimanes.
Do 1 net damage. Remove 1 power counter from Centimanes.
Do 1 meat damage. Remove 1 power counter from Centimanes.
Trash 1 installed card. Remove 1 power counter from Centimanes.
Strength X

Tartarus Tower 3
Asset
As an additional cost to access the first card each turn, the Runner must trash 1 card from their grip.

Global Intermission 0
Operation - Gray Ops
Pay X. When the Runner’s next turn begins, he / she loses for each spent.

Styx Grid 0
Upgrade - Region
As an additional cost to make a run on this server the Runner must pay 1.
Limit 1 region per server

Update 2.0

Changed Yomi’s ability.
Changed Odin to Freya. Thanks, shinygerbil, I completely forgot!
Added Weyland and NBN cards. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Some more Weyland ideas on how to get better use out of the weyland card pool

Monopolise
●●●○○ (Weyland) 0c
Operation - Transaction
Gain 2c, then if you have 50 or more credits add Monopolise to your score area as an agenda worth 1 agenda point. At the end of turn shuffle all copies of Monopolise in Archives into R&D.

And some ice that intersects with the underused Weyland mechanics of trashing from HQ and manipulating power counters.

Shredder
●●●○○ (Weyland) 4c
ICE - Sentry Destroyer
Trash a card from HQ; put a power counter on Shredder
Shredder gains “└>The runner trashes a program or a card from their grip” for each power counter on it.
Strength 4
Foreign data? friendly data? Everything tastes the same to the Shredder.

Midden
●●○○○ (Weyland) 0c
ICE - Barrier
Trash a card from HQ; put a power counter on Midden
Midden gains “└>End the run” for each power counter on it.
Strength 3
Chill might shatter a runners tools, and flame might melt them, but for inducing sheer despair you can’t beat a hundred million lines of stationery requisition forms piled in their path

Very strong ability. Always starting with Hedge Fund + double relevant Ice, or Ice + Hedge + Restructure is quite good. 9 influence is a good drawback, as this corp will never ever need to mulligan.

Instant 3 of I think. Unstealable on the last click alone is a big thing.

I like this a lot.

They should probably print this at some point.

Way too good. Insanely good even.

Good with Mushin maybe.

Interesting!

I love Galactic Megastation ! It could be very interesting to play. BTW, is the fact that R&D is not shuffle after using the ability intended ?

On a side note, what do you think of those cards ?

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/263948netrunnerclot.png
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/745888netrunnerturntable.png

1 Like

ultra-minor nitpick which I’m sure you’re already aware of: Odin is just another name for Wotan :wink:

Yes, the absence of shuffling is intentional. Helps prevent this ID’s ability from being too helpful. Seeing the same cards on average helps minimize swinginess, though there are plenty of ways to shuffle R&D, so, YMMV, eh? (As a side note, reliably seeing the next 3 cards allows you to plan ahead, too).

Also, those cards already seem to be doing well, so adding those changes might make them a little too good. I’d keep Clot as Anarch though. Feels right.

Been really missing a 40-card Anarch the last few days…

Anarch ID
0 Link
You may not mulligan.
40/17

5 Likes

Love it. Leads to all sorts of deck-design questions, a 17 influence Anarch, a 40 card Anarch, and a stylish drawback.

More thinking on a Weyland trash from HQ theme

Nettle
●●○○○ (Weyland) 3c
ICE - Sentry Destroyer
└>The corp may trash a card from HQ to trash a program
└>The corp may trash a card from HQ to trash a program
Strength 6
There’s no good way to hold it

What we need is a neural network to generate a bunch of new cards: Generating Magic cards using deep, recurrent neural networks - Custom Card Creation - Magic Fundamentals - MTG Salvation Forums - MTG Salvation

2 Likes

I feel nettle is a teeny bit op. What might work instead would be a single subroutine:
-Discard X cards from HQ, the runner memory limit is reduced by one for each card discarded until the start of thier next turn.

Still possibly too good, and now possibly too crazy. I like the mechanic though.

outrageously strong. allows the FA of 4/2s for no extra credits.

[quote=“LynxMegaCorp, post:509, topic:1756”]
Harbinger - Galactic Megastation 60 / 18When your turn begins, instead of drawing a card, you may look at the top three cards of R&D and install one of those cards (paying all costs).
[/quote] Whaaaat? I can’t tell if it’s incredibly OP or just generally garbage. this wouold be weird, but maybe(?) fun!

I actually like this card a lot. please print.

[quote=“LynxMegaCorp, post:509, topic:1756”]
Disaster Array AC: 4Agenda - ResearchWhen your turn begins, do 1 net or meat damage. 1
[/quote]nooope. kill this with fire please. Don’t know if it would actually be good (4/1?) but it would definitely be zero fun to play with.

would this actually be playable? you’d basically only be able to score with tricks of light and SfSS, and anything besides a 3/2 or 2/1 would be basically impossible to score. In general I’m loving the small deck size/large influence pool/ drawback ability IDs, but I don’t know if this one works.

Thinking about some new criminal design space:

Ajay Bose (Unique)
●●●○○ (Criminal) 1c
Resource - Connection
At the end of each turn, pay 3c or trash Ajay Bose
Trash Ajay Bose if you are tagged.
When you install Ajay Bose, choose a server. When you encounter ice protecting that server, it loses a subroutine of your choice until the end of the run.
The drawbacks of a poor sysop redundancy package

In trying to come up with a deck to use the Gagarin side of the plastic ID, I was trying to think of stuff that could make it work better. There aren’t any assets to protect centrals right now, seems like that might be an interesting thing to add in. Also a Weyland spin on some of the low cost / high str / weird effect ICE that has been coming out recently for both Jinteki and NBN.

Remote Encryption
Asset - Weyland, 2 inf, 0 res, 3 trash
Whenever the runner makes a successful run on HQ, you may pay 2c to host a card on Remote Encryption. Return the card to HQ when the run ends.

Outsourced Security
Asset - Neutral, 0 inf, 3 res, 3 trash
Whenever the runner would access more than one card from a central server, they access one fewer card.

Privacy Policy
ice, Code Gate - Weyland, 2 inf, 2 res, 4 str
-> As an additional cost to access a card during this run, the runner must pay 1cr
-> As an additional cost to steal an agenda during this run, the runner must pay 2cr

Terms of Service
ice, Code Gate - Weyland, 3 inf, 1 res, 5 str
-> The next piece of ice the runner encounters during this run has +2 strength. The runner loses 3 credits if they break all subroutines on that piece of ice.

I think remote encryption is too strong, but it’s the start of a really cool idea. Outsourced security seems like it would actively harm the interfaces most, since you could potentially let the runner access no more than 0 cards with multiple copies, at least I think that would be cool. I love your code gates, but I think 3 influence is a lot for chum 4-6, it doesn’t force you to encounter anything, though the tax is a little more than chum in the most common cases I think. Either way, I’d splash for chum in weyland with this just for shits and giggles.

I think remote encryption makes more sense if it installs the card temporarily until EoT in the server. You would need a couple of quick fix rules to handle what would normally be considered illegally installed cards in servers (multiple assets/agendas/ICE/operations/etc.), but I think that would be easy enough. Also that way you get the bluffing game of “Did I stick an agenda out there to protect it, a worthless card to make you waste your time, or something actually harmful if you check it, like a Snare.”