Imaginary Cards

On. Hyp.E It might be too strong, how about this?

50/15

Also not sure about the flavour text. Maybe something along the lines of trimming off the unnecessary bits/focusing the brain?

@Searlichek On Blackout… The idea is good. I really like Resource management (no pun intended) type cards like Aesop’s. Thing is I don’t think I would run it unless I have a lot of resources out (and even then, most of the time I would like all of them to trigger). Would it be too strong if it said you may nominate instead?

@moocows On Freeloader… Great reference! :wink: I like corp playing the anarch game!

Evolution.X
Shaper, 3 Inf
Program — Icebreaker — AI
1 MU
1cr
Strength 1
Xcr: break up to X subroutines.
Xcr: + 1 Strength for the remainder of the run.

X is the current Strength of Evolution.X.

It costs to put evolution on fast forward.

Magnus O.
Shaper - CyberSolutions Employee
45/15
0 Link

-1 MU
Click: gain 2 credits.
Start with 0 credits.

‘I wouldn’t quit my day job.’

1 Like

Magnus O. is a cool idea! Maybe 45/10 though, especially if she/he works at CyberSolutions (and for balance reasons).

Hyp.E
Anarch - G-mod
50/15
You begin the game with 1 brain damage.
At the beginning of your turn, draw a card.
In retrospect, frying his brain only focused what was left.

1 BD is barely a penalty at all. It changes nothing in any match up in which the Corp isn’t intending to interact with your hand. Sea-Scorch combos still can’t kill you through a Carapace, so the only decks that matter (at the moment) are Jinteki flatline.

How about a 45/15 Anarch runner with the ability “Click, take 1 brain damage: Gain 9 credits.” It’d work pretty well with Origami, Public Sympathy and maybe even ye ole forgotten Bagbiter (how does Theophilius interact with brain damage, anyway?). Perhaps with a “use this ability only once per turn” clause.

A neat idea, but it feels underpowered. It would probably be used 1.5 times on average per game.

I realize that 1 brain damage isn’t a significant penalty; it isn’t meant to be. 2 brain damage would be over the top, though, meaning you would have to jump through hoops to survive 1 Scorched. How about this:

Hyp.E
Anarch - G-mod
50/10
At the beginning of your turn, discard your grip, then draw three cards.
Patience is not a virtue.

Alternatively, then “draw that many cards.”

1 Like

Since Code Siphon for Shapers has been spoiled, it seems that every faction will get some kind of equivalent of Account Siphon, a high influence-zero cost-some penalty run card. I was wondering what kind of effect the Anarch Siphon would have…and came up with something like this:

Dumpster Dive
Anarch - 4 influence
0 Cr Event-Run-Priority
Play only as your first click.
Make a run on Archives. If successful, instead of accessing cards, you may gain 1 cred for each face-down card in the Archives, then place all the cards face-up in the Archives and take 1 tag.
You gotta get up early to get all the best bits.

This one would be a great thing for Noise, decks that use Data Leak Reversal or Keyhole. The mill strategy would be profitable not only because of agendas that may end up in the Archives; furthermore, since all the face-down cards end up face-up, it’s also a nice recon card against Jinteki (Shock, Shi.Kyu) while also stopping the players from constantly playing it, same with Priority - just preventing abuse. Wait for the right moment, get your 10+ cred plus recon what’s in the Archives and if it’s actually worth running again. Another alternative I was considering:

Archive Siphon
Anarch - 4 influence
0 Cr Event-Run
Play only if there are face-down cards in the Archives.
Make a run on Archives. If successful, instead of accessing cards, you may give the Corp 1 Bad Publicity and take 1 tag.
They always have some skeletons in their closet.

A nice, reliable way to give Bad Pub - works well with Blackmail and many upcoming cards like Itinerant Protesters, not to mention that if you play it early it can give you 10+ cred over the course of the game. Less taxing on the runner than Frame Job, more reliable than Activist Support and Tallie Perrault, but you gotta make a successful run first.

Also, I was thinking about a fun little thing for fighting huge bioroid ice, with pretty creepy flavour, and came up with this:

Cortical Stack
Shaper - 2 influence
1 cred - Hardware
When you encounter a bioroid piece of ice, you may trash Cortical Stack and take 1 brain damage. If you do, remove the encountered bioroid piece of ice from the game. You may continue the run from your new position.
Sometimes, when I close my eyes, I can hear them whisper.
Art - Eli 1.0 sitting in the corner of a glass-like cube that is his prison.

I’m wondering if it should be a piece of hardware or maybe a 0 cost, 1 MU program that could be tutored using Clone Chip/SMC - it could be viewed as a more radical version of Deus X, I guess. Not sure about the cred cost, though.

2 Likes

Cool ideas, all of them. Archive Siphon seems a bit too powerful, since you could potentially install a virus turn one with Noise, and run an (likely) undefended Archives to give them BP on turn 1. Dumpster Dive is really cool, though.

Cortical Stack seems way too powerful. A 1-credit+BD counter to a Janus or Wotan? I could see something like, cost 0 credits, on encounter pay X where X is the rez cost of the ice, or something like that, and it trashes the ice rather than removes it.

With Eliza’s Toybox out, we might see an onslaught of Heimdalls, Wotans and Januses, rezzable turn 2, or turn 1 if you get your Bioroid Efficiency Research in your opening hand. The stack is meant to be a one trick pony, not really that useful against anything other than HB - Eli 1.0 and Ichi 1.0 get splashed pretty often, but it may be a dead card in some games. Furthermore, brain damage penalty is negligible the first time you use it, but you won’t really want to use all of your Cortical Stacks in one game.

It’s far more limited than, say, Deus X (which prevents net damage from any source, cuts through any AP, can be tutored mid-run etc.). I might’ve pushed it too far with removing the card from the game (it was mainly for flavour - you’re supposed to suck the bioroid souls into your own brain, after all), but a low cost piece of hardware trashing Wotan/Janus for brain damage looks fine to me.

i’ve been thinking about anarch and criminal recursion…

recycl3
Anarch
Resource — Meds
0 Cr
When your stack has no more cards, place all your cards in your heap face down in the order they were trashed, then trash recycl3 and take 1 brain damage.
My head keeps spinning

Data Trail
Criminal
Event
X Cr
X is equal to the number of tags you have.
You may add up to X cards from your heap to your grip, paying 1cr for each card.
If they know where you’ve been, you might as well return to the scene of the crime.

So you pay double for each card with Data Trail? Once in base cost, and again, 1c per card?

That would be the best case scenario - as written. But in principle if you had 6 tags you’d pay $6 to play the card and then might only choose to pickup 3 cards (paying $3 more).
Doesn’t seem like great value, but then criminal events are powerhouses.

Yeah, might need to make it stronger but I figured Criminals can pay for it. You could potentially play the same account siphon twice or thrice in a row…

Omoikane Academy
Jinteki Identity
40/15
Before the first turn begins, but after the Corporation player has drawn their hand, look at the top five cards of R&D and rearrange them in any order.
“Training for the future.”

The idea is to impart nearly an Andromeda-level of consistency for the corp, by giving them a Precognition effect at the beginning of the game plus a lower maximum deck size. The corp getting a good start is almost vital in a lot of games, so being able to choose how the deck goes in the first few turns seems really good.

3 Likes

Customer Bureau
NBN ID
50/8
Whenever there is an unsuccessful trace, gain 1c per credit you spent to boost the trace strength.
"We aren’t looking for you…

Basically, the idea is to make traces involve more thought, so it’s not just either invest enough to beat them for sure or nothing for taxing purposes. Here you can majorly tax the runner with traces, but only if they’re scared of what happens. 8 influence is to barely make double-scorch possible, but in general since NBN has the most traces Customer Bureau doesn’t need influence that much. Also, super combo with Primary Transmission Grid.

Interesting idea. It could work as an asset. Maybe not powerful enough to compete with MN as a tracing NBN identity.

g00ru
Anarch ID
45/10
You take the first turn, instead of the Corp. You may not make runs on your first turn.
One step ahead? Try two.

1 Like

I expected something like that to be Tenma’s ability, actually.

1 Like

Surely this ability just means that the Corp can sink their entire bankroll into any trace that they Runner can’t mathematically beat? That sounds a bit too OP for my liking.

Some cool? ideas a friend and I have had:

Occupy (Anarch, 2 inf)
Operation 1c

As an additional cost to play this, trash an installed location. Search your heap or stack for a location and install it, lowering its coat by the cost of the location trashed. Shuffle your stack.

(Designed to be flavourful + work with Wyldeside, no idea how playable)

Autoclave (Anarch, 4 Inf)
Icebreaker, AI
Str 3, Cost 3

1c: +1 strength
1c: break ice subroutine which ends the run.

If you make an unsuccessful run take 1 brain damage. If Autoclave is trashed take 1 brain damage.

Flavour: The hard part is getting out again…

I’m expecting something like this in O&C.

Credit Crunch (Anarch, 3 inf)
Operation 1c, current.

Blah blah current stuff. Neither the corp nor the runner may gain credits through card abilities. Discard this when either player has 0c.

Flavour: “All I did was bring up some bad news on everybodies feeds, they did the rest.” - Noise.

???! - Crazy but cool.

Will post more later. Interested in what you guys think.