Imaginary Cards

Trafic lights
Weyland Sentry - AP •••○○
Cost 2 - Str 3

Whenever the corp rez Traffic lights, place 1 power counter on Traffic lights.
For each power counter, Traffic lights gains "└►Do 1 meat damage"
When the runner pass Traffic lights, derez Traffic lights.

Damn ignorant GPS, it’s always full of bu

2 Likes

How about?
Savvy Investing
1c
The corporation may reveal any number of cards from hq. Gain 2c for each card not revealed.
2 inf
?
Sorry, on mobile.

6 Likes

I like that a lot, definitely very criminal! Maybe make it so the cards are revealed at random (to keep the corp from showing you a few pieces of ice) and you’re good to go.

1 Like

Yeah, Savvy Investing was the one I was most unsure about, I think the easiest solution is to make it 2 Credits which in many situations makes it on par with easy mark but gives it potential to be much more. (Like after a Fisk Investment Seminar)

@whirrun
I like the Reverse Celeb gift option but feels a bit like a different card. (maybe both existing is fine?)
Lets call this one FOIA Request (freedom of information act)

@codfishcartographer’s suggestion of random reveal is spot on as well, addresses the concerns I had about it just flopping for nothing.

(typing responses as others reply is difficult, I keep needing to add more to the reply)

All of those are great econ options, but they don’t often slot into kill decks, save Sundew in IG. (MHC makes the kill harder to land; Celeb gift gives away any shell-game potential.) Medical Research Fundraiser is the closest thing I can find, and that just saves the runner a Sure Gamble.

Weyland is due an econ upgrade, but I’m not certain this fits a playstyle other than Argus. I’d imagine they’d have a card more like:

Power Regulation
Operation - Transaction - Grey Ops | 1 Credit
Weyland | 2 INF

Choose an installed runner card with Power Counters or Virus Counters. Gain 2 credits for each counter on that card. The runner must either pay 1 credit for each counter on the card, or trash that card.

“Uh oh, looks like we have an illegal use of a restricted RF Frequency!”

I really like the idea of ICE that both derezzes itself and gives you a reason to keep rezzing it turn after turn. I might change this to cost only 1 to rez but other than that really cool idea. My thinking is that first face-check is much less painful than Cortex Lock (for example), and paying 2c more than a couple times to rez this means you probably lose the game. Just my opinion.

Rosemary Enstock
Criminal Runner
45/15
1 link
You start the game with 10 credits.

The idea is to be able to hit the ground running - install a breaker or two and then make runs in the first turn or two without needing to worry about Econ. As an added bonus, it would let you mulligan for more aggressive options than normal. It probably won’t make as much money as gabe or Ken Tenma will over the course of a game, though.

For the rez cost, my reasoning was first break cost with Eater = 0.66 half of rez cost (like a lot of ice).

Since it is a weak facecheck like you noticed, I made the ratio 1:1, with an inline price of Chimera.
It gains one sub on the second break, it’s 1.25:1 (almost a regular 1.33:1) and it start to gain a good ratio (1.66:1) on the third break and higher.
The third encounter is also the encounter that would kill a (very very) dumb runner, for 6c, or 1c more than a komainu.

So I though it was a regular price vs Luka’s ices (now things may gain lots of power with Damon, if you look at the futur 9c +1 str no bioroid “brain komainu” vs the 15c bioroid Janus).

I don’t think brainstorm (the brain damage komainu) and Janus can really be compared like that, it’s not totally fair. Janus isn’t always a deadly surprise, but it’s always something you don’t quite want to hit, and is just taxing to deal with every single time. Brainstorm can kill you, but it has the same problems as komainu, it’s low str, and you can always just run with no cards in hand to avoid the damage. Ice is only a surprise once, I think both pieces are both reasonable in their own way, and doesn’t necessarily indicate power creep

There’s is a lot of reasons, a ton really, that I dislike Brainstrom :

• NPE “Hello, would you like to have 0 hand size even if you play +hand size ? Yes please, what a funny game, I will surely continue to play”
  • HB is the faction with Corporate Troubleshooter that enable the mind game Eli + Ash or Brainstorm + CT, and I really dislike this in the faction of shellgames which have access to a lot of good eco cards and trash program cards
  • it’s at least +1 str vs a regular price of Komainu and can kill
  • it’s at least -BP-7/8c vs Fenrir
  • it’s at least -9c-Bioroid vs a regular Janus. That ice is totally going out of the regular ice schematics, it’s a new Eli 2.0…
  • permanent dangerousity level is going down from 15c to 9c aka permathreat in the ice - ice - hedge fund gambit, wtf, even Jinteki don’t have this.
  • totally unoriginal design vs komainu
  • inf price is same as komainu
    …and lots of other things.

I really really find that ice totally uncool, esp for the NPE. Even if you say it’s 1 game vs 5, that’s terribad for newbies that will be punished for 30 minutes (unlike Komainu).

I don’t understand the hf removal attempt from the design team.

I’ve played with brainstorm on jinteki, it hit once at the end of the game when the runner had no options. As long as you know it’s there, you can play around it. If you have traumatic experiences involving komainu, I apologize for my insensitivity. But that list doesn’t take into context what the ice does.
Brainstorm can kill, but now there’s no reason to run with a lot of cards against an HB with 9 credits, so just don’t do that.
Fenris can end the run, which ostensibly has won a game for at least one person.
Janus, again, is more of a tax than anything. He withe takes the runners turn, or resources up. Brainstorm makes you install mimic before running against unknown HB decks, which is probably nice for rush, which could use some help in HB I think.

Also, you can ice ice hedge komainu, which is basically as bad as Janus at sapping a turn. It’s not original, but it’s not like NBN doesn’t do Weyland things better, HB can have friendly competition with jinteki here I think. Valid reasons for not liking the card, but what it does can’t be anything but good for the game. I mean, when was the last time brain damage was relevant in HB?

…so HB is the only faction to get all runner’s rig to be installed before actually even thinking of removing a 5c Eve campaign. Shellgames Full throttle, with allready an excellent Foodcoat archetype would be like giving +3inf to NEH last year.

You don’t care fracters with Jinteki because of their shit barriers, you don’t care decoders for Weyland because of their shit codegates, you don’t care killers for NBN because of their shit sentries but HB you should care everything because they have the best of all ices.

As a Jinteki player, I don’t like 1inf Mimic’s sacredness in runners decks. 1- 1inf Mimic is under a MWL threat. 2- that cost you 3c+4c to “rush”, 7c which is not really the definition of “rush”, esp T1 where you have no information of the corp deck beside the color.

Brainstorm is not a bioroid ice. It’s better than Janus and sapping a turn + the remaining of the game. And cost 6c less, void your hand, ask for the rest of the game to clic draw clic instal clic money clic run at the very best. And as the corp you still have 15inf to buy snares & co.

It’s a totally idiotic design.

There’s a lot of pieces of ices to design before actually designing a second brain -6c flagship in the game, for the same faction that allready welcome Corporate Troubleshooter, IT, Toybox, Cerebral and lots of high trash cost assets.

Delivering Brains has always been the most sensitive thing to give access, there is a reason.

Making a card that makes you basically win an advantage T1 for the rest of a game and still be shelled on both starting centrals (so under 11c with etf), shows a totally fast-designed-fast-tested-fast-approved process. Or triple HB fanboys, sorry for testing pgm here.

Weyland and HB may be right now the faction where you don’t care the facecheck the most and it’s ok because running against them is allready extremly expensive, that much expensive so the best expensive to run against decks are always the same two factions (+NEH). Weyland could use a boost of danger, not HB. Last year (test, final edition). Even 2 years ago (design, edition). Even 3 years ago (early design).

Jinteki (traditional ambush design) have unresolvable problems vs modern runners that are the integration of ambushes but with 4inf archangel-like or “IHW like” double purpose cards.
Weyland have problems of fun (i’d say) because an etr is not fun (i’d say - i would agree with any weyland fan that would say I’m a dumb and totally stupid critic but this is my opinion).

I don’t understand why one of the two FA factions that get 2x 3/2 also get those cards.
When you give permadanger on ice + danger in the root of servers (3/2s) + root protection for no inf + trash program + lots of money + the 1st or 2nd best ID in the game, it’s a stupidly, terribadly designed card, stupidly, terribadly tested and stupidly, terribadly edited card.

I have yet to run against and play Brainstorm against a big diversity of players, newbies and pgm, ok.

But I allready totally disagree with the design. I know this ice will make new players stop ANR because nobody want to play a cardgame with no cards in hand for 30 minutes, and it will happen with the best faction to trigger their subroutines.

I see your points, but competitively, this won’t happen often, and if it does you’re probably super happy as Corp, and you’re a terrible runner otherwise. For noobs, they can learn that brain damage isn’t the end of the game, or just start a new game. I don’t think it’s as big a problem as you see it, but I totally see where you’re coming from, and you’ve given me a lot of insight on HB too.

I fail to understand how “not drawing your killer” makes you a terrible runner (especially vs a corp that usually is > 8c very fast and in most turns).

How about some Ice recursion to deal with parasite/cutlery?

The scavengers
Weyland Asset-Seedy
4 Rez cost, 2 Trash cost

When a piece of rezzed ice is trashed, you may immediately rez The Scavengers and use its effect.
When a piece of rezzed ice is trashed, add it to HQ and gain credits equal to half its rez cost.
Just don’t ask how they got it back.

Also, in the theme of archangel:

Static bombardment
Neutral Ice - No subtypes
3 Rez cost, 0 Strength
When the runner makes a successful run, you may pay 2c and trash Static bombardment from HQ to force the runner to immediately encounter it.
[sub] End the run

Just don’t run servers you don’t know the ice of with a big hand, play your mimic asap against HB now if you’re worried. If you’re going to quality time run a central first turn, you deserve to get brain dead. And you could still end up winning the game on sheer luck anyway haha.

Does the ice end the run? With no subtypes? That’s pretty insanely broken, AI isn’t a type of ice breaker gear check, you should need one in your deck, and this would force that pretty quick.

Yeah, but its a one-time use effect 'cause you have to trash the ice from HQ to use it.

What’s stopping the Corp from just installing it like a normal piece of ice?

2 Likes

It’s way to easy for a corp to produce a Snare or a Junebug/Cerebral in that condition.