It's not that hard, and she's pretty hardcore - Leela Patel

Legwork has surprise on its side. If I were going 2 Sneak, and relying on it more, HQI makes sense. It is a bit expensive, to me, but with Clot coming, and the corp girding up more, this may be the better call.

Legwork seems more to be a matter of when, not if (how many runner decks don’t run it?) I figure if you install HQI the click before you run, the surprise factor isn’t that big. That said, there is no denying you get half the effect at twice the credits. It does seem to me that the contest is closer in a Desperado deck with Sneakdoor.

For now I’ll have to agree, and keep HQI for a Valencia/Investigative Journalism/Raymond Flint jank deck.

1 Like

HQI is probably too pricey, what with the costs of RDI in the deck, which is more important. HQI costs 4 creds and doesn’t include the run. Legwork is 2 credits and the run is included, and you see an additional card. It’s almost always better I would think.

I ran HQI for a long time and the speed was the issue. It was really nice against players I was faster than, but as soon as the pressure was turned up HQI was too slow to do what I wanted it to. Legwork has the lower price and no setup cost, which was crucial for exploiting fast closing access windows on HQ.

Been playing around with this list recently - http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/u3kF4WFnu5csX2qNd/

Nothing too special or groundbreaking, but I didn’t really give Leela as much attention as she probably deserved when she came out. Now Crisium Grid’s popular I wanted an aggressive Criminal list to replace Gabe and Leela fits the bill pretty well.

Comments on my experience:

• I’m not sure if the Sneakdoor should be another card, but I’ve not tested enough to know just yet
  • Mr. Li is amazing and works really well in Leela, and he’s definitely keeping his deckslots
  • As expected, this deck isn’t great against RP. Comes with the type of deck though, and the matchup is still winnable if you play well (though greatly favoured towards RP, obviously)
  • Leela’s good. Criminal’s still the weakest faction in the game right now if you ask me, I think MaxX and Kate are better than any Criminal at the moment, but Leela’s not to be taken lightly and certainly one of the best of her faction. I’ve heard some say she’s better than Andy, and that’s not unreasonable in the current meta (generally, that’s far more debatable).

I was probably just going to take Reg Ass MaxX to regionals but Leela may perform better for me at the ones that land pre-Clot. She’s definitely worth my time in testing, and I’d advise people to give her a go if they’re sceptical.

4 Likes

try earthrise, myself and many others were skeptical before testing it but it is honestly better in every situation. as for RP, leela can stand a good c hance versus dargenio RP, but can struggle against grail. if RP gets money rolling early with gift it can be tough, but if they don’t leela can punish RP pretty well, just gotta win those psi games on tfp accesses

1 Like

Finally managed to win a SC! After going 16-1 in the past 3 tournaments, it was about time!

Here’s my list:

From the description:

What are people thoughts on Notoriety? It has been killing it recently for me. It absolutely crushes Blue Sun Punitive (who are relying on the low agenda density to get a good punitive setup going) and having to steal 1 less agenda against RP / NEH is also amazing.

I’m honestly considering dropping Utopia Shard for a second Notoriety. While Utopia was amazing when I first started playing it, I feel as though people are now good enough to not make mistakes around it (aka, install the agenda before biotic, SEA Source just to trash the Utopia). Even in the last few cases where I guessed right (knew he had biotic in hand, naked installed, immediately Utopia, didn’t get the Biotic :frowning: ) it is still rngg and I haven’t been lucky. Notoriety has won me at least 5 games if not more (honestly I’ve lost count!), so increasing the consistency of its availability seems good to me!

5 Likes

I am hoping Clot will discourage NEH fastro enough that I can slot Quest Complete instead, which is the far superior card against glacier.

Nothing makes a RP player salty like when they have an advanced Nisei in a Capriced, double ICEd remote and you just access it. Same with Blue Sun and their impenetrable Ash remote.

4 Likes

I’ve been playing Leela for some months now with great success. Weyland usually feels very beatable to me, NBN FA is usually a lark and Jinteki, while tense, usually finishes with me nearly dead with 7 points. The one faction I’m having really consistent trouble with right now is HB.

Their combination of cheap and taxing ICE plus Ash and the campaign economy makes it really hard to get work done. Does anyone have any good tips for this matchup? Her ability seems really hard to make fire because they can pretty readily rez all their ICE. Add to that the fact that Kati feels too slow to keep up with EtF and I quickly get slowed to a crawl, and crawling is not a thing I want to do.

I’ll post my list below. One thing I know is wrong is that I’m running Medium instead of RnD Interface. I like the feel of how Medium plays better (and it can lock out games extremely quickly if I’m lucky) but I can really feel how it’s worse against HB since they can lock up and wipe. If I start to see EtF more in my local meta I’ll make that swap. Aside from that, though, any suggestions? Would Daily Casts be better than Dirty Laundry in this setup? And if I’m swapping to interfaces and resource economy, would Supplier make sense?

Decklist:

Leela Pressure

Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist (All That Remains)

Event (18)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (3)
3x Desperado (Core Set)

Resource (10)
1x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Mr. Li (Future Proof)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains) [color=#708090]•[/color]

Icebreaker (10)
2x Cerberus “Rex” H2 (All That Remains)
2x Corroder (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••••[/color]
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)

Program (4)
3x Medium (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••••• ••••[/color]
1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

Atman at 4 turns their most taxing pieces (Eli, Ichi 1, Lotus Field) into just a moderately annoying affair. Get one Atman instead of the third Medium, that will already help immensely.

Beyond that, I just see a bunch of slots that I’m convinced should be more econ - namely, the third Special Order, the Johnny M. and possibly the Same Old Thing. Overall, you need more econ… another thing that really helps vs. HB is Bank Jobs for all those naked Eves (heh).

Not going to suggest any more tweaks though, because then you might as well be playing my build :stuck_out_tongue:

So yeah, tl;dr: if in trouble vs. HB, consider 1 Atman and some Bank Jobs.

I agree it’s not an easy match-up (the glacier builds anyway) - 3 Kati and some Day Jobs have helped me.

I think you’re right re: John Masanori and Same Old Thing. The SOT in particular was a leftover slot after a rejiggering I did a while ago and it hasn’t done any work so far. Masanori is really nice in the games that he’s nice for, but he’s definitely not the strongest card in the deck. I should either play him more often or drop him entirely, I think. I’ll playtest that.

The third special order has been pretty useful for me because being able to get all your breakers up and running fast is really valuable to put pressure on the remote. I suppose I could just run more breakers, but then I’m not really saving card slots.

Does Bank Job really help all that much? The HB decks I’ve played against don’t tend to leave Eves uniced after rezzing them, even if they’re just throwing a Pop-up in front of it. If I have to have a swing of 2 to get into the remote, Bank Job goes from amazing to just awesome and less useful in matches where there is no open remote at all (like Blue Sun).

Atman at 4 doesn’t help so much with the NEXT ICE, unfortunately. I’ll still give it a whirl as Atman at 4 is pretty great in a lot of matchups.

(warning, long post. This time, I will choose to blame Bank Job’s underrated status)

You can do the same thing by swapping Li for Earthrise, though. In your particular list, I don’t see Li making more sense in that slot/capacity, as you don’t run enough one-ofs you could want to fish for.

Oh hell yes, you just gotta know how to leverage it. Bank Robbery 101:

• Drop it before there’s an actual remote, if you can. It warps peoples’ play patterns, suddenly they’ll hesitate to have a Jackson out before they feel they absolutely want to use him. They’ll spread their ICE thinner in an attempt to ‘deny you easy money’, helping you in the process.
  • If someone starts preparing an impressive remote (by placing an ICE piece and having no content yet), Bank Job makes them hate their life for it. Suddenly, they have to waste money and give up info (potentially opening themselves up to a Shutdown) if they want to deny you.
  • You can still get amazing amounts of cash even from an iced remote. Hell, I’ve Bank Jobbed scoring servers on occasion. There’s also good synergy with the run economy (except for SecTest) - If you Dirty Laundry for the Bank Job run (and possibly have a Desperado out), the swing is just brutal - two cards, two clicks and three credits for 14 credits. That’s “naked HQ Siphon” level of money gain. There’s often secondary remotes with some, but weak ICE - if you think about it, spending 5 credits on such a run still gives you a Lucky Find-type of swing. It’s two cards, but one of them you’d play anyway, and it’s inf-free.

From the amount of groans I’ve harvested from my opponents by dropping a Bank Job at pretty much any point in the game, I’d say it’s well a worthy include.

For the HB matchup specifically, you can sometimes pull a “Day Bank Job” by dropping it and running a 1-Bioroid server with like a Viktor 2 or something, costing you 4 clicks and netting 8 credits (with Desperado). And Bank Jobbing unrezzed Eves is awesome… if they ICE their Eves before rezzing, your card has most definitely done its job.

Side note: the only matchups Bank Job is absolutely useless in are combo CI and no-remote Tennin, I feel. Even Blue Sun gives you nice windows, because sometimes they want to liquidate some cash by bouncing a rezzed remote piece… this is when you rob that shit.

Sure it does! In this matchup, the Atman helps you deal with NEXT by making the other ICE cheaper to handle. In other words, NEXT Silver stops being such a huge issue once you get a 50% discount on Elis :stuck_out_tongue:

Even in terms of the NEXT pieces themselves: there’s a certain point in the game where you’ll be waltzing through Bronzes for 1 credit, which helps. Mother Goddess sometimes makes an appearance with the suite, and breaking her for 1 is boss. Last but not least, get your ass ready for NEXT Gold, which is, guess what… strength 4.

1 Like

Better also get your ass ready for Corporate Troubleshooter, which is necessary I think to make Gold not awful. Hold on to your Faerie!

3 Likes

They can pry Faerie from my cold, dead hands.

EDIT: I say this because I’m the kind of guy who runs Faerie in Shaper, even Kit.

Still have to outmoney them.

1 Like

For myself, HB has always been my toughest match-up when playing blue cards.

Huh? The whole reason Andromeda originally became popular was that she mauled HB, which was the most popular corp at the time. Or are you mostly speaking of Leela (who is bad vs HB)?

Leela and Gabe for me. never really played andy

Is she, though? You have an ID ability that can nullify Ash in a scoring server. That alone’s gotta count for something.