Jemison Astronautics - Agenda Rocket to Mars

Yeah, sometimes it feels like I can’t have enough 1-pointers. I look at those decks running Public Support and Clone Retirement and I’m like “I feel that.” However, actually running those cards feels kinda slow and clunkyish. I’ve found I’m happier running Fast Track and just FTing what I need early if I don’t draw it, letting it sit in my hand for a turn.

I think once we get the rest of the Jemison support cards, there’s probably going to be a much different version of this deck. I think it will probably run a ton of 1-pointers (maybe even the 0-pointer?), probably Atlas, and then just huge shit like Vanity and possibly/probably Government Takeover. Like, looking at Red Planet Couriers, FAing a GT doens’t even seem hard. It honestly makes me almost want to run Firmware Updates for the tokens, then use them to ramp into larger things. Biotic + GT + Red Planet Couriers scores 6 points for 9 credits, which seems entirely reasonable seeing as you’re FAing it (and that same FA would take a minimum of 17 credits if you were FAing it through Mumbad Construction Co). Yeah, you need the boardstate for it, but that doesn’t seem hard. Between Mausolus, Hortum, and Colossus, I actually kinda want to be advancing ICE, and that’s a sentence I almost never thought I’d say.

Anyhow, I’m talking myself pretty far into the future here. Yeah, Hostile feels great. It sucks to have the bad pub for the rest of the game, though. I wish there was some better BP removal, but I don’t know if the newly-revealed Sacrifice is a reasonable answer to that, even if it does have Jemison applications.

1 Like

Stealing the idea from Reddit, something that might be interesting is Geothermal Fracking. Use the counters to get a ton of cash, and then burn it to Sacrifice to clear out the BP and drop three counters on something else.

5 Likes

Can’t follow. What is the suggestion?

Score Geothermal (relatively easy-- install, forfeit false lead, AA). Use geothermal to gain 14 credits and two BP. Use Sacrifice to remove 2 BP and put 3 counters on something else.

You cannot sacrifice False Lead during your turn, can you?

Interesting, i’m seeing conflicting opinions. Ancur says “if they can’t lose two clicks, they lose no clicks.” The FAQ from last september says “False Lead cannot be forfeited unless the Runner can lose 2 clicks”

So, I guess the official FAQ has it, once again due to the stupid rule that “stuff you know is definitely going to happen when you pay a cost that will affect the game state” doesn’t “affect the game state” the same way that resolving the printed effect does :confused:

@jakodrako do you maintain Ancur? The page for false lead is at odds with the official FAQ.

I don’t think those two really are in conflict. One is about a situation where there is only one click left. The other is when there are no clicks at all because the runner has no clicks on the corporation’s turn.

1 Like

I’ll move this to the questions thread, but if “false lead cannot be forfeited unless the runner can lose 2 clicks” (FAQ) then to what situation does “if they can’t lose two clicks, they lose no clicks” apply?

I thought you were suggesting that one of those interpretations allowed the Corp to forfeit during its own turn, since that was the question before. On that point, those two do not seem to apply differently. You are correct that they may need clarification in other ways.

Here is what I am currently running.

Mirrormorph lets you hold Oberth until you use it.

Don’t Stop Me Now (49 cards)

Jemison Astronautics: Sacrifice. Audacity. Success.

Agenda (10)
3 Global Food Initiative [color=#000000]●●●[/color]
3 Hostile Takeover
1 Oaktown Renovation
3 Project Atlas

Asset (3)
3 Jackson Howard [color=#e0911d]●●●[/color]

Upgrade (7)
2 Crisium Grid
1 Cyberdex Virus Suite
3 Oberth Protocol
1 SanSan City Grid [color=#e0911d]●●●[/color]

Operation (14)
3 Beanstalk Royalties
1 Fast Track
1 Friends in High Places [color=#8221AE]●[/color]
3 Hedge Fund
2 Paywall Implementation
2 Restructure
2 Shipment from MirrorMorph [color=#8221AE]●●●●[/color]

Barrier (6)
3 Bailiff
3 Spiderweb

Code Gate (5)
2 Enigma
2 Mausolus
1 Quandary

Sentry (4)
2 Sapper
2 Veritas

Built with [URL=https://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/Fdyoto3FhioF97s7a]Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder

3 Likes

Hey all… I’ve been seeing a lot of people playing Public Support. I even tried this myself since it initially came to mind as a good way to get extra agendas to sacrifice. In practice though, I’m not sure what PS accomplishes that building a more taxing remote and jamming a facedown in it doesn’t.

It seems to imply a degree of horizontality that isn’t well-suited, since Jemison ice suite looks more like Titan (cheap and cheerful) than Blue Sun.

What do you all think about Public Support after having played with it?

1 Like

I haven’t played with it, but I’m sure it’s bad.

There’s no way it survives naked, especially not if you spot the Runner some Hostile BP. So, what are you gonna do, put it in your Oberth remote for 3 turns? Just score a real agenda on the Oberth, ya dingus!

1 Like

I’ve been having major success with Public Support. It needs ICE, but not much. Stick a spiderweb over it and the runner will go “hmmmm”. Often times they let you score the point.

I’m not sure that word means what you think it means.

3 Likes

Yeeeah what? I could of sworn that meant “I disagree” oh well, you get my point.

Yeah, I do =P

Right now my main problem with Jemijem is sometimes I just don’t find a god-damned agenda when I need one. Public Support, at least on the surface, seems like it’s a bit of a solution to that issue, but it is fairly annoying that it needs 3 turns to pay out. It’s not really the 3 turns that bugs me (although all but the most poor runners will probably come take care of it in that time), it’s that if I find a real-person agenda, I can’t just jam it until PubSup lets go of my server. I think that maybe just using Fast Tracks to get going might be a better idea.

I do love the Shipment From Mirrormorph to crap agendas out of nowhere, but getting all 3 (Shipment, agenda, Oberth) into your hand at the same time I’d imagine isn’t as common an occurrence as I’d hope.

Basically my struggle. I oftentimes have to twiddle my thumbs while hoping a Hostile makes its way into my hand. Often times if I don;t get a good start going I’m screwed in the late game.

Sounds like a job for Fast Trackwoman.

3 Likes

With Graft and Audacity in the game now, has Jemison acquired a solid enough agenda suite? A suite of Graft, Hostile, Future and Atlas seems pretty good for pure fast advance.