I figured I’d get this inevitable discussion kicked off! I didn’t expect to be, but I’m actually rather excited for Jesminder’s arrival. While her ability is not particularly interesting, the tag avoidance that we had previously associated with Criminal is novel. Also helpful in the yellow-filled world we live in. Her console, Maya, is what really makes her shine. The ability to both control your opponent’s draw while digging deeper on repeated RnD runs is promising indeed. It’s also worth nothing if you can’t trash something, whether it’s ICE/Operation or if you can’t afford it, putting it on the bottom of R&D is the next best thing. Especially if you’re putting Jackson Howard, their only way to shuffle, down there.
Some other cards the synergize with Jesminder:
- Code Siphon: Previously panned, removing the tag actually makes this a reasonably efficient tutor. The issue is what are you tutoring, especially if you have enough rig to get past ICE? Opus, Multithreader, and Medium are the first things that comes to mind.
- Account Siphon: The classic. Halving the cost is not nothing, even if influence is tighter than it has ever been.
- Vamp: See above. Can also help you set up the repeated RnD digs that Maya loves.
- Zona Sul Shipping / Rachel Beckman: It’s worth noting that she stops Data Ravens and Snare!s from randomly hosing these cards. Breaking News is still an issue.
- Security Nexus: If you do fail the trace, she will avoid the tag. Probably not enough to be worth running this over Maya or with Jesminder over Kate/Kit.
Things that synergize with Maya:
- R&D Interface / Medium > Maker’s Eye > Indexing: You want repeated multi-access over burst to get the most out of this ability. Not only can you dig deeper, but you can laugh as you line the bottom of the deck with Scorched Earths.
As for decklists, this is the first thing I came up with. If the goal is RDI usage, Stimshop with a dash of Vamp seems like the most obvious place to start. The rig is straight forward, the econ is simple. Clot or not is the biggest question. I’m probably going to try this Clot-less version first, after some input from the inimitable Calimsha. I’m still worried about the Fastro matchup, but testing is required. Code Siphon and Artist Colony are in there because I want to play with new toys, and really hate News Team. It could probably use some Daily Casts, and those are the first things I’ll add with cuts.
Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain (Kala Ghoda)
2x Code Siphon (The Source)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••
2x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Stimhack (Core Set) •••
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x Vamp (Trace Amount) ••••
Random bonus theme time! According to Wikipedia, the Hindu word ‘Maya’ is a form of illusion. In a spiritual sense, it is described as “that which exists, but is constantly changing and thus is spiritually unreal.” If knowledge of your Atman is knowledge of your truest self, knowledge of Maya is only knowing how things seem to be. So by mastering Maya, you gain some control over the future and reality of the corp by way of the order of R&D. (Bonus points if you play both Atman and Maya in the same deck.)
So, what are you brewing up for the girl behind the curtain?