Jinteki AgInfusion Discussion: The Farmer in the Hell

@anon34370798: Obviously we need to wait for official clarification, but just so you know I’m preeetty sure the AgInfusion ability doesn’t work like that (see my above post).

Seeing how silly a deck would be if the ability DID work like that (where you automatically just have the routines happen to you if the ICE isn’t rezzed) certainly makes me feel more confident that I am right about this.

Yeah, I hope so !

1 Like

This was also outlined on the announcement page for the pack with the ID. If the ICE is unrezzed, it is skipped.

4 Likes

Too bad. I would have enjoyed it if the redirect put you approaching the outermost ice as if you had just initiated a run there.

It’s almost as if the designers fear ice becoming relevant or something.

It shouldn’t be this hard to rez a remote ice :slight_smile:

The problem of rezzing your ice prior to your AgInfusion play is it’s yet another ID that loses to parasite’s instant speed enablers.

I guess with 17 influence every AgInfusion having three of Architect isn’t that tough an ask. Is ‘once per turn, force the runner to lose a click and 2c’ any good though?

Everything loses to instant speed parasite, this ID loses to slow parasite too.

2 Likes

I think if you’re gonna run ICE rezzing tech then you might as well play magnet, which definitely beats low parasite. I think it might also beat instant parasite with quarantine systems, but that depends on whether the timing structure lets you respond to a clone chip during the approach phase but before encounter.

On reflection I’m not sure it does, but I’d still like some clarification on the timings. It could be a yes vs sucker and a no vs Sifr.

no, because she’s in ‘this’ server (the new one) not ‘this’ server (the old one), so she triggers on the new server, but she’s no longer in the old server to trigger

runner initiates a run on a server with Emelyov installed
AgInfusion’s ability triggers, redirects to new server, Emelyov moved to new server
runner jacks out; run unsuccessful

runner had an unsuccessful run on both servers, but the runner only made one unsuccessful run, which triggers at one moment in time (when the runner decided to jack out)

if Emelyov wasn’t unique, i could see that having one rezzed in each server could trigger both simultaneously, but she is unique and can’t be in two places at once (even though she can almost be in two places at once)

2 Likes

Edit: Assuming you use quarantine system to Rez magnet on your next available paid ability window after parasite is installed,

The usual sequence is to clone the parasite out on approach, in which case you’d be able to save the ice because SIFR fires on encounter. If they know it’s coming they can just clone parasite during the encounter after SIFRing. Interesting edge case, if you have this available you can’t SIFR site a quicksand.

1 Like

The Sword in The Iceberg

AgInfusion: New Miracles for a New World (Earth’s Scion)

Agenda (8)

Asset (7)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (14)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (4)

Other (3)

17 influence spent (max 17, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

This deck has been working really well. AI isn’t as common and redirecting them into an Excalibur makes stealing impossible.

You might consider clones are not people. It should be really easy to score off mushin’d agendas.

1 Like

Replanting helps with slow Parasite, so long as the ICE getting Parasited wasn’t highly expensive to rez.

Also Egret !

Have anyone figured out which economic engine to use in AgInfusion or even build a decent deck?

@PanzerD Friends in High Moon I guess

@anon34370798 Hmmm, I was vacillating between operation economy (Gift, Hedge and IPO) or drip economy in the form of Adonis and Sundew. Maybe FFG will give us a Jinteki asset that can be Replanted?

P.S. I’ve chosen, from the ICE centric ability, to go full on Glacier. It’s an interesting/janky ID for sure.

The builds I’ve seen courtesy of @thebigunit3000 @Webster @Yeoda are using operation economy, Hedge/IPO/Gift with big ice, Tracker/Susanoo/Chiyashi. Any time they want to run your remote they have to first run into a big piece of of taxing ICE. The advantage to RP is that you get to pick which ICE to force them into. The downside is that you have to spend clicks and credits installing facedown ICE to trash. Ultimately the builds I’ve seen still lean on Caprice to score

Thanks, figured as much. This is what I built but haven’t done a PoC.

New Corp Deck

AgInfusion: New Miracles for a New World (Earth’s Scion)

Agenda (8)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (13)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (6)

Sentry (7)

17 influence spent (max 17, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I had an opponent with two chiyashi today and I just had corroder.

Man, that ice is really hard to deal with.

1 Like