Jinteki.net discussion

Is there a bug report topic somewhere ?
There is problems with Harbingers trashed through Peddler.
I guess there is Trimaf problems too.

Bug reports can be filed on Github. If you donā€™t have an account there, Iā€™ll add an issue for these once I verify them. Thanks!

EDIT: So far Iā€™m having no luck replicating the Tri-maf partā€“if it is one of the cards trashed from Peddler (after installing one of the other hosted cards), no meat damage is done. If Harbinger is one of the cards trashed, it gets installed facedownā€“that seems like itā€™s wrong, but I think that also happens if you discard it when over your max hand size. Weā€™ll have to check that out.

@JoelCFC25 Thanks. I have an account but itā€™s lost in the mist.
When dragā€™n droping Harbinger to archives at end of turn, I can confirm these doesnā€™t reinstall.

I though yesterday I had to but my opponent said I was wrong about the rules - thatā€™s why I asked a question about harbi/peddler because I though that automation was legal.

People answering me about that point of rule said to check also

• Harbinger on Personal Workshop when itā€™s trashed (via tag)
  • Tri-maf on The Supplier when itā€™s trashed (via tag)

I donā€™t know if those cards trigger on net/meat/brain damage trash.

Jinteki seems to have more developer support, where db0 is a 1 man army. Not having to worry about which operating system youā€™re working on is huge too. I only wish they would focus on the mobile platform just a little, allow scrolling of the field at least

Neither of them trigger from net/meat/brain, so in that respect theyā€™re working correctly.

Harbinger could never be hosted on PW because itā€™s 0 cost, so it would get installed instantly (I think?). But itā€™s currently bugged in the case of being trashed when hosted facedown on Peddler. We need to eliminate that while keeping the correct behavior of being reinstalled facedown when trashed while hosted and installed (e.g., on Scheherazade, Omni-drive, etc).

Tri-maf does not deal the 3 meat if it gets trashed while hosted on The Supplier if it gets trashed, so that is correct. Tri-maf has a different problemā€“itā€™s wrongly dealing the damage if you install it and pull it back into your hand (e.g., you installed it in error or changed your mind).

1 Like

Youā€™re right about Harbi/PW. There is a test case with Dockland Crackdown but it should be very rare anyway.

Even there it would install instantly, as PW ignores additional costs.

Are there console commands to pull back to HQ or install from Archives/HQ? Trying to get Interns to work and Iā€™m on a phone.

Is the site down right now? Getting a 502 Bad Gateway HTTP error.

Yep, down for me too.

@mtgred, When will it be up again?

Edit: Yayyyyyyy!!! Itā€™s up and running!

Both it and octgn were down at the same time. Conspiracy

RE: stuck because of a broken menu. I pushed code with a new /close-prompt command to remove the current prompt/menu. It should go live with the next update.

BUG REPORT: Haarp + Employee Strike = no extra steals :frowning:

Posted on the landing page, but might as well here too. Haarp has 3 Paloozas and an Award Bait in archives (along with some poison in the well). Iā€™m playing Sunny, but I donā€™t think that matters. My turn starts and I play Employee Strike and run archives. It allows me to steal the first Palooza and triggers itā€™s ability. I select the second one and it asks to steal. I click on ā€œstealā€ and it gives Haarp creds but doesnā€™t move past that button. Hitting it multiple times gives multiple instances of 5 credits to Haarp, but I never steal it. Not sure if it was a lag issue (Iā€™m having huge lag here in Japan, though Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s just me), or an implementation issue.

Haarp was nice enough to concede when it looked like the lag was going to make stealing everything take 5 minutes even without the bug. So at least the stats are right :stuck_out_tongue:

This interaction works correctly for me. Another possibility is that your opponent was running a fairly antiquated Haarpsichord deck. Up until a couple months ago NRDB (the card data source) had this IDā€™s title as simply ā€œHaarpsichord Studiosā€ (i.e., missing the ā€œ: Entertainment Unleashedā€ subtitle). If the opponent is running with a deck ID title not being a perfect match for the now-corrected code, some goofiness can occur. Or it could have just been the lagā€¦

Cool. If it ever comes up again, Iā€™ll check that avenue.

I have recently discovered Jnet, but have yet to play on it. I played Netrunner back in the 90s and have played A:NR since it came out, though not nearly often enough as Iā€™d like due to a lack of players in my area.

Is there anyone in this community who would be willing to play a few games with me so I may get comfortable with the interface and maybe show me some keyboard shortcuts in the process?

Many thanks
Andy

1 Like

As far as I know, there arenā€™t really keyboard shortcuts, its all just handled by dragging cards and clicking the menu it gives you above your hand.

Iā€™d play a couple games with you, but they frown on that thing while Iā€™m at work :wink:

Thanks, Saan. Letā€™s coordinate and get a game or two in. What part of the world do you hail from? Iā€™m on the eastern U.S. coast so Iā€™m in the EST zone. At the time of posting this it is 2:38pm.

Does anyone know how to make the alt art cards appear on the table in Jinteki? When you hover over the card it shows the alt art version but on the table it is always the regular one.