Jinteki.net discussion

Nope. As long as you do stuff before hitting start turn it’s still counted as theirs - I’ve been playing a lot of Nasir recently and that’s definitely how Order of Sol works at least!

Hayley’s ability seems to work this way:

Nope, from that point of view, it treats your turn as starting as soon as they click end turn.

and not this way

As long as you do stuff before hitting start turn it’s still counted as theirs

Might well be a bug in that case… worst comes to the worst, just add a click and play an extra card in the first opportunity you can, and explain the issue, seems easy to work around. You might even be able to add a click in the time before you click start of turn to play the second card, so its a bit more obvious that you’re doing it on your opponents turn (again, not something I’ve tried I’m afraid)

If for instance, you want to play harbinger in your opponents turn, clone chip for it in the downtime window between turns, then (if you cant add a click and install a second programme in that downtime) add a click and install the second programme straight away in your turn. The only situation that comes to mind that could cause a problem is if you have 2 start of turn eating card triggers (aesops and chop bot?) and need 2 harbingers in play at the start of turn.

I played a lot of Hayley lately and I confirm that if I use SMC at end of corp turn and I have a Personal Workshop with something with 1 token left, once the Personal Workshop installs happens, I won’t have the trigger for Hayley’s ability.

I’ve always looked at the clicking end turn (creating the line break) being the start of the next player’s turn, and the “start turn” for the Corp meaning “draw” in the official ordering. This is a constant annoyance because I play Blue Sun a lot, which means that drawing needs to happen after you bounce. So I’ll drunkenly be excited to start my turn, which really isn’t what the start turn really means for Corp, then problems.

I’d love a “start turn” and “mando draw” button right after, which would grant you clicks like normal. With “end turn” really meaning “pass priority” for the runner. But maybe that’s just more unnecessary clicking? I’m probably biased.

Hope this makes sense…

I just saw some j.net games with titles like this:

“WARNING: RUNNER CARDS WITH NO SUBTYPE WILL PREVENT ‘END TURN’ || PREPARE TO PLAY VERY MANUALLY UNTIL FIX ARRIVES”

Is that actually happening or is it just trolling? Do I need to know anything before my next game?

That is indeed a current bug. Expect it to be fixed later today.

3 Likes

There is a lot of variation in the amount of precise control players might need in all these timing windows. For some decks you won’t have a pile of “when your turn begins” cards, so having the interface prompt you every turn to order those is going to feel like clicking hell. Conversely, not having that prompt for the decks where it does matter yields technically incorrect outcomes.

Right now it feels like the balance has been struck more towards the “quick, convenient” end of the spectrum, but at the cost of play accuracy with respect to things like wanting to leverage Hayley’s ability on the Runner’s turn, the Blue Sun vs mandatory draw thing, etc.

For multiple “when your turn begins” things, in my mind’s eye I’ve pictured a user being prompted to order the effects the way they want and also say that they want that order to persist (i.e., do it this way and stop bugging me every turn)–until such time as the set of cards changes (you add another one or something is trashed/leaves play), whereupon you set your order again.

Maybe eventually there will be some kind of per-game user setting where you can indicate your willingness to “collapse” some of the timing window distinctions for the sake of play speed or because you don’t have any cards where it matters? Just brainstorming, I don’t know what a great solution would look like…

6 Likes

Could you not have two ‘start turn’ buttons as a simple solution? One that opens an interface for manual ordering and another that does it automatically? Make the manual one smaller (maybe a symbol rather than text) so that new players don’t accidentally click it.

Persistence of ordering sounds like a bit of a headache and the decks that want to order start-of-turn effects are probably going to be adding more cards all the time.

4 Likes

Yes. This so much.

Something I’ve never seen work is Gene Conditioning Shoppe with pancakes. In OCTGN one had to click on pancakes twice when it should have been automatic, but in Jinteki I have to manually add a click for shoppe every turn. I’m not going to pretend that I remember to do that all the time…

Gene Conditioning Shoppe is one of the unlucky 26 cards for which there is no code written at all yet. The card status list on the site is a bit out of date, but I keep an updated one in my Dropbox here: Card automation status

4 Likes

Is there any way to have access to your own personal statistics via an API or something like that?

1 Like

This would be great for me. Win stats sure, but more importantly a reference to remember handles of people who weren’t assholes.

1 Like

PSA:
Spectators can shift your cards around as of 12/23 5:00 am. Watch out for ko26, especially. Also, you might not want to scroll up on the chat on the landing page as he’s throwing Star Wars spoilers about.

4 Likes

Thanks to @Saintis for the fix, which he submitted here!

4 Likes

Is there a way to discard on mobile phones? I just had a game I had to quit because I couldn’t figure out how to do it.

console commands. I think they’re already linked slightly upthread.

2 Likes

Don’t get this wrong, I appreciate the effort people put into this game and connecting people from all over the world to allow them to play together. I am a tiny bit sad that it splits the community, which it must have, to the point now that I was surprised to find that there were so few games on OCTGN when I returned from a break. While db0 got me into this game, and I have generally been impressed by his work on the octgn plug-in, I’ve now played my first couple of games on jinteki… just because the players are there.

I know progress can’t be stopped etc, and both platforms are fine. I guess what I want to say is that maybe the town isn’t going to be big enough for both of them :cry:

3 Likes

I’m quite like you. I prefer to play on OCTGN, and play faster with it, but the players are elsewhere today :confused:

1 Like