Jinteki.net discussion

I’m always a bit surprised that people give up when there’s even a technical chance they could win. Playing out of those tough situations can be a good exercise, because it will happen again perhaps in a tournament environment, and it leads to some crazy, teeth-grinding plays like dropping agendas in Archives with no Jackson, or leaving them naked on the table, etc.

But if people aren’t going to stick it through, they’ll exit whether by the concede button or no. Doesn’t hurt to have it as a clarifying measure.

2 Likes

I think that what stats are public/private/anonymized should be well thought out. Having the win/loss of an opponent may not be a great idea, but having their disconnects/leaving game stats is probably a good idea.

2 Likes

Does JNET have a feature to disable/change the background image for the board? Personally I find it garish and would prefer a solid grey or black board to any image. the ability to at least toggle to one of these would be a good feature

2 Likes

Would it be possible to add groups? That would make it easier to have things like leagues, without having to turn down 14 people before the match. :slight_smile:

re:conceding
Back when we used to play Dominion on isotropic, it was normal to ask before you concede. That’s a game where it can be over well before its over so it makes sense to concede. But if someone is having a great game, maybe punching above their weight, maybe trying out a new strategy, they might want to see it through and it’s not cool to rob them of that. I figure ask first and or have a good excuse and a concede button is pretty much all good.

I was drunk the other day and just wasting a fellow’s time on Jinteki. I felt awful but didn’t know how to bail. I did it eventually, but not gracefully at all. I don’t want to speak for my opponent in that case, but I bet he would have loved it if I had apologized and hit the concede button.

EDIT: Me hopping on Jinteki while assholed is totally another problem. Sorry whoever you are.

1 Like

Adding one of my experiences to the concede discussion:

I was playing an interesting game when my opponent misunderstood the timing window for corp town and pad campaign. It was a reversible mistake, but my opponent basically said, “sorry, you win. Concedes, leaves game” before I could say we could reverse.

If you could still play dominion on isotropic I would never leave my house. Goko is not the same :frowning:

7 Likes

You can still play innovation!

I love you guys.

Wait, what? Where?!

EDIT: Found it, nevermind. Yay Google!

Feature request:

A debug command to cancel out of whatever state is currently active. A lot of the game breaking bugs are when a UI element is present and can’t be removed. A way to get rid of that would let you repair and continue.

4 Likes

Just dropped a game to this. Seconded!

Blackmail and DDoS are both bugged at the moment. The fix has been done and will go live at the next restart. Until then, these cards are not really playable, unfortunately.

2 Likes

I had the issue with Blackmail, and even jacking out and trying again didn’t clear it.

Great that it’s getting fixed, well done @JoelCFC25!

1 Like

I mean that’s one way to nerf DLR :smile:

2 Likes

So, reordering “Start of turn” effects seems to be impossible for the players and difficult to implement for the moment.

Just thinking out loud on some possible implementations. I have no idea how hard they would be to code:

1. Have a “Start of Turn order” button for both sides. Click it and it will bring up a window of all installed cards with “Start of turn” effects and you click and drag them into the order you want.

2. Same as above, but if the click/drag thing won’t work, have prompts for each card and you choose a number between 1 and the number of installed cards with “Start of turn” effects to choose the order in which they fire. Once a number is chosen, it is grayed out for the other choices.

Perhaps run the “Start of turn order” script when you install a card that has a “Start of turn” effect, or just place it at the end of the line until you move it by yourself.

Why this matters: Playing against RP, low on credits (< 3), with a tollbooth on a central… I’d want to Jak that central before getting all my drip econ to lessen the impact while also opening up the remotes.

Of course, it’s possible to simulate this my modifying the credit totals after the fact… but that feels like cheating ;).

I can feel you on that. Jinteki.net also has some other peculiar limits, which hit niche situations. It’s usually not a problem, but then you get decks that wants to abuse these seemingly rarely-used timing windows and it’s just rough - like Discard in 2.1, then Street Peddler for Drug Dealer on Off-Campus Apartment to draw a card in 2.2, so you can draw a card in Corps 1.2. It requires you to discard, click end turn and then do some stuff before the other person clicks “start of turn”, and oh my God do people have a problem with not hitting that fucking button no matter how many times you write in the chat that you have some actions before they click it.

On a similar note is there a way to get Hayley to work on J.net in that you can install something on your opponent’s turn after they finish all their actions, then on your turn (potentially before start-of-turn triggers to avoid Harbinger ruining everything) without needing to alert them that you want to do things before they click ‘end turn’?

Haven’t tried this, but you can do things in the ‘void’ between when your opponent clicks end turn and you click start of turn - I think this counts as still being in your opponents turn for the benefits of ‘once per turn’ abilities.

Might be wrong though.

Nope, from that point of view, it treats your turn as starting as soon as they click end turn.