Jinteki.net discussion

According to slaghund, only 344 games were played on OCTGN in March :astonished:

I guess everyone migrated to jinteki.net?

2 Likes

Yeah, it seems maybe the developer (DB0 where are you?) might have given up on it. Democracy and Dogma has still not been implemented on OCTGN :cry:

1 Like

Suggestion:

Have a button you can click that prints “xxxx is thinking…” Would make it easy to let your opponent know that you aren’t afk.

16 Likes

This is an accepted feature request, waiting since long ago for an eager developer to code it right: thinking button ¡ Issue #332 ¡ mtgred/netrunner ¡ GitHub

4 Likes

How does Maya work on jinteki.net?
When I press Maya I get the option to put either the card currently being accessed to the bottom of the deck, or a previously accessed card.
When I press the first option whilst accessing a card, nothing happens. When I choose the other option, I get a dialouge prompting me to choose which card, but nothing I press changes anything.
Help would be appreciated!

Is there a way to force servers closer together? In a meta of so many asset-spam decks, it would be nice if I didn’t have to zoom out to 50% to play against these decks :disappointed:

5 Likes

I think a better solution would be having uniced remoted move to second row once enough are installed, same as with runner cards. You rarely have more than 2-3 iced remotes during a game.

3 Likes

the order of ash and bernice is forced (ash must trigger first on jnet). i believe its the corps choice on the order?

2 Likes

Am I the only one who is annoyed when Jinteki tells me I can’t rez ‘when your turn begins’ assets after I’ve clicked ‘start turn’? There is a window before Mandatory Draw and ‘Start of Turn’ effects!

There very much is a window (1.1) to rez assets, use paid abilities, and even score an agenda before the ‘start of turn’ phase (1.2) and before I the mandatory draw (1.3):

I get that Jinteki has automated ‘Start Turn’ to fire off a number of effects (pay out Pad/Adonis Credits, mandatory draw DBS, etc) but if I already have triggers that require my input at 1.2 (mostly museum), then I have a very clear window at 1.1 to work with. Worse, other players see that message and accuse me of playing incorrectly when I am, in fact, following the published rules.

2 Likes

Actually, I would deeply like Jinteki.net to reference the various windows (1.1, 1.2, 1.3…) with its interface.

1 Like

What effects are you using at that window that you couldn’t just use before hitting start turn?

For one, Spark, rezzed an Advertisement on runner’s turn and wants to rez one on your turn, before start of turn effects, to gain credits off a campaign.

Another case, more edge, rez at end of runners turn is countered by Councilman so rez again start of turn.

2 Likes

Recently, nothing in particular I do at 1.1 couldn’t be done on the runner’s turn after their discard phase; mostly rezzing assets and triggering IUSE. However, with Spark that Window can be pretty important.

I know it is arbitrary, but the way I play I have mentally organized my rez and paid abilities as ‘the start of my turn, before the mandatory effects and draw’. My method is perfectly within the rules, but I could use another window.

My complaint is more that Jinteki tells me I’m doing something that is not allowed, when it is a valid window. We have enough confused players without Jinteki spreading misinformation; it is only a matter of time until this window becomes relevant to a mainstream deck again.

Fair enough.

I would probably rather have these sorts of cases worked out via chat than adding another click at the start of every turn, unless they either:
A) Become much more common, or
B) There is a case that can’t be worked out without revealing hidden information

Executive Boot Camp also fires that warning, even though the point of the card is rezzing something when your turn begins.

Neal’s notes from the implementation of ordered “when your turn begins” abilities may be helpful here. I’m not able to reproduce a situation in which EBC generates a warning about rezzing a card at the wrong time (that happened at one point but IIRC was fixed quite some time ago).

Yeah, it was a few months ago that I was playing that deck, it’s possible it’s fixed now.

Are there any plans to add sound effects? Even a few simple bleeps would be tremendously beneficial, just to inform the other player that something has happened.

Short answer on sounds is “yes, eventually”. You can monitor progress in issue #968.

2 Likes

This is a really big waste of screen space. When the runner has many cards of one type installed, some of them are moved to second row. It would help a lot if the same happened to uniced remotes.

1 Like