Jinteki.net discussion

Because at this time there is no infrastructure to support assigning a specified number of subroutines to a piece of ICE.

2 Likes

There is no database column for that ?
95% of ices have fixed routines, say 5% have routines that grows and 5% add routines.

If I could use this with 90% reliance I would be happy, the rest can be handled,manualy :wink:

I donā€™t remember very well, but the last time I looked into the code I donā€™t remember seeing a databaseā€¦ To my knowledge the code maintains a list of cards, and what each one does/can do. The main reason that the program tracks Strength is to automatically handle Parasite.

Thatā€™s how far you have to zoom now.

1 Like

Iā€™m reading the auto-pump feature of the icebreaker.clj, I canā€™t think of an impossibility (but Iā€™m actually not sure of what Iā€™m reading).

Is there any known bug with Indexing at the moment? Iā€™ve had this happen twice during a game: I run with Indexing, 5 cards move to temporary zone, but then I cannot drag them back to R&D. Happened on Firefox 47.0 with AdBlock enabled.

There is no known bug with it. This gets reported periodically but Iā€™ve never been able to reproduce it, nor has anyone been able to provide reliable reproduction steps. Not sure what can be done about this, sorry to say.

Sometimes it gets finicky about where exactly you drag it to, but Iā€™ve generally been able to coax it there eventually. Try dragging the mouse pointer to the little space where it says ā€œR&Dā€?

1 Like

I have seen this a few times recently. Typically, I can drag cards from the Temporary Zone and drop them onto the top card of R&D to add the cards to the top of R&D. Sometimes this does not work, but I am still able to drop the cards onto R&D (as @StashAugustine said) by dropping them onto the text box object that contains the ā€˜R&Dā€™ text.

I have been using Chrome, not sure of the exact version because of the frequent automatic updates. No plugins for Jinteki.

The issue does not seem to happen early in games. I donā€™t know if there is some correlation to cards in the ā€˜Removed from Gameā€™ area(s), turn counter/credit counters exceeding any particular value, or other odd interaction, or if it is just the consequence of cumulative probability that makes it much more likely to have happened by the 3rd or 4th Indexing instead of the 1st.

Zealous Jugde cannot be rezzed even if the runner is tagged. When I click on it, I get the error message linking me to error reporting site. When I click it, I see a unicorn that tells me the site is too big to be displayed :open_mouth:

When Apex installs a resource face down, Scarcity of Resources incorrectly taxes it 2 credits

Thanks, Iā€™ve added it to #2187. But PLEASE put reports in Github instead of these forums! I barely ever visit here since everything youā€™d want to know happens in Slackā€¦

5 Likes

Yes, I miss the old days when the stimhack forums were the best place to discuss netrunner. Curse slack.

7 Likes

Problem is, you need an account to do soā€¦ that has hindered me to publish one too in the past, not proud of it, but another barrier

Not much of a barrierā€¦ all you need is an email address and a password.

Technically you might be right, but when you want to report a bug, you need an account, so how do I know this?

1 Like

Iā€™ve never needed to use the in-game bug reporting feature, but I was under the impression that it generates an issue on GitHub for you. If you arenā€™t signed or have an account, I would think GitHub would prompt you to make one before it lets you create the issue?

Has anyone else been locked out of thier jnet account? Apparently it no longer accepts my login details or recognizes my email address.

Jinteki, along with a lot of other systems using the same db, was hacked a couple of weeks ago and had the contents of the db held ransom. Prior to that all passwords were hashed and salted so thereā€™s no danger in it being taken in that sense and the security was tightened up soon afterwards. Youā€™ll have to re-register and re-add your decks but aside from that everything is largely back as it was before and it shouldnā€™t happen again, see here for more details.

2 Likes

Not sure if I should ask here or create a new thread ā€¦ anyway: Is there currently a way to get the effect of Counter Surveillance, while the card is not implemented? Obviously you can trash the card by hand and pay the money, but how do you do the multi-access? I found nothing in the Github guide, and thatā€™s the only source for commands I know.